• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

AYaHUCu.gif

I'll fight you.

I don't hate Sam, but he has yet to impress me as a character. Richard was pretty enjoyable during Annihilation, I'm probably gonna continue with his solo series soon.

Hagi

I don't hate Sam, but he has yet to impress me as a character. Richard was pretty enjoyable during Annihilation, I'm probably gonna continue with his solo series soon.

I'd rather they continued on with that family from Infinity Gauntlet to be honest. Sam is boring, his book is boring.

I like Sam :p

He's had a couple of great arcs, especially the one with Beta Ray Bill.

I do wish it was Sam and Rich going forward though, Sam's dad is boring

Sandfox

I like Sam because even if he's not the smartest guy he's always trying to do the right thing and that typically leads to some good hero moments in his ongoing.
I'd rather they continued on with that family from Infinity Gauntlet to be honest. Sam is boring, his book is boring.
I disagree.

I like Sam :p

He's had a couple of great arcs, especially the one with Beta Ray Bill.

I do wish it was Sam and Rich going forward though, Sam's dad is boring

Sam's dad hasn't exactly appeared much so I'm interested in seeing what the writer does with him.

Hagi

I wish Bendis wasn't writing the new Miles ongoing it would've been nice for someone else to take a stab at him. Glad Sarah Pichelli is back though, hopefully the book is interesting enough.

I disagree.

That's good it's not like you are the only person, people are buying his book after all.

Squire

Banned
I wish Bendis wasn't writing the new Miles ongoing it would've been nice for someone else to take a stab at him. Glad Sarah Pichelli is back though, hopefully the book is interesting enough.

Would've liked to see Bendis writing Parker, myself.

Sandfox

That's good it's not like you are the only person, people are buying his book after all.

Bendis is probably trying to make sure Slott never catches him in terms of Spidey issues put out lol.

Jean is a prodigy, but minus the Pheinix, Emma would probably wipe the floor with her. The cuckoos can already put her in her place.
I'm not caught up on ANXM, but during the Trial, people made a huge deal out of her new power, because apparently that hasn't ever been a thing until now. So, even if Jean is weaker at the moment, she's catching up fast and her powers are still overwhelming.

I also haven't read Black Vortex, which seems to be an event where people just get new powers for reasons.
Meatiest event of all time. It's like an Arby's sandwich.

"Meaty" is not how I'd describe an Arby's sandwich

Squire

Banned
I'm not caught up on ANXM, but during the Trial, people made a huge deal out of her new power, because apparently that hasn't ever been a thing until now. So, even if Jean is weaker at the moment, she's catching up fast and her powers are still overwhelming.

I also haven't read Black Vortex, which seems to be an event where people just get new powers for reasons.

Yeah, I meant to say discounting that, since it's basically an (ugh) X-factor.

Yeah. I'm sure they'll elaborate on that as a secondary mutation for her and the reason she avoids old Jeans fate.

Like, the thing that bothers me about the whole "LOOK WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THE FUTURE!" thing is that, as far as anyone is concerned at this point, the O5 are stuck in the present permanently. So, it's not a set in stone thing, since those events happened BEFORE O5 Jean came to the present. That means that they happened in the past, which means that Jean is not guaranteed to do those things since they already happened, and nobody knows where the Phoenix is after AvX.

Jean literally avoided her fate by coming to the future, since she no longer has her fate ahead of her and the Phoenix just fucked off into oblivion as far as anyone's concerned.

No other Craig Thompson fans here?

RILLY????

I finally finished Blankets the other day.. thought it was a perfectly awesomely great taste of life book.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also I read Old Man Logan #3 and Velvet #11 at work today.
Old Man Logan is pretty good so far,, cant get enough of Sorenntino

Velvet it fucking amazing. This issue was so damn good, start of a new story arc.. the whole issue and setup to that last page just has me dying for me. So good

Squire

Banned
Like, the thing that bothers me about the whole "LOOK WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THE FUTURE!" thing is that, as far as anyone is concerned at this point, the O5 are stuck in the present permanently. So, it's not a set in stone thing, since those events happened BEFORE O5 Jean came to the present. That means that they happened in the past, which means that Jean is not guaranteed to do those things since they already happened, and nobody knows where the Phoenix is after AvX.

Jean literally avoided her fate by coming to the future, since she no longer has her fate ahead of her and the Phoenix just fucked off into oblivion as far as anyone's concerned.

Well the point of that arc was that Guardian just couldn't accept that, obvious as it was.

ElNarez

Banned
A day later, looking back on it, DC's real problem is actually really simple : Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman fucking suck shit now. The rest is rebuilding trust, finding its audience, but they really need to shitcan everyone involved with these three books because those are your big tentpoles characters and they all suck shit right now.

Messi

A day later, looking back on it, DC's real problem is actually really simple : Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman fucking suck shit now. The rest is rebuilding trust, finding its audience, but they really need to shitcan everyone involved with these three books because those are your big tentpoles characters and they all suck shit right now.

Why do you curse so much?

Haven't you heard? Their big tentpoles are Batman Batman Batman Superman Batman Superman
Why do you curse so much?
Anger
Misery
You'll suffer unto me

Top Bottom