• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Rumble #6

So Rumble is finally back, and I thought it was one of the most expertly crafted IMAGE issue I have ever read. When these titles go on hiatus, they tend to come back and dive head first into brand new territory and operate under the assumption that you remember every single detail of what came before it, but Rumble took a few pages to get you up to speed with the story, and they did it in such a way that was refreshing and didn't rely on recycled art. I wish more books would use this as an example, because after Rumble got over the formalities, we got to dive a little deeper into this world with another issue was chock full of vibrant art and organic conversations.

10/10

+Harren art
+Standalone issue
+Backstory on Scarecrow
+Complex relationships
+Awesome dialogue
+Fight sequences
+Timah

Grabbed the first trade digitally to give it a shot. Hope I enjoy it cause the art looks rad.

Reminder to check out Arcudi's (and Mignola's) masterpiece BPRD if you haven't already. It's amazing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Been wanting to tell you guys this for days now. Aparently my small town hosts a small comic convention every year for 4 years now and I had no idea. I went this past weekend, it was ok-ish, very small as expected but lots of cos play which was surprising.

Anyway first thing I see when I get there with my friend was someone (no idea if it was a gentleman or a lady) in a full blown pony costume. The hooves even went "clack clack". It was amazing. I'm not even being ironic, I have now seen a actual brony in persom and I was so happy. That's one off the bucket list.

Besides that, it was mostly me and my friend feeling old as shit with all these youngsters around. Would have loved it 15 years ago.

Still neat that my small town does this.

Zombine

Banned
Grabbed the first trade digitally to give it a shot. Hope I enjoy it cause the art looks rad.

Reminder to check out Arcudi's (and Mignola's) masterpiece BPRD if you haven't already. It's amazing.

It's seriously one of the best books I've ever read. It has so much heart and it's absolutely gorgeous.

Sou Da

G8KizCi.jpg

Christian

Anyone have any opinions on Slott's most recent Silver Surfer run? Or the run before that? I'm reading Annihilation, and it's got me itching for some more cosmic Marvel. A lot of the Annihilation stuff is expensive and hard to find as heck right now, but Surfer seems readily available.

Anyone have any opinions on Slott's most recent Silver Surfer run? Or the run before that? I'm reading Annihilation, and it's got me itching for some more cosmic Marvel. A lot of the Annihilation stuff is expensive and hard to find as heck right now, but Surfer seems readily available.

His Silver Surfer run is a lot of fun. It's not really what I'd call normal cosmic Marvel, though.

Slice of life... in space!

It's pretty dang good. Up there with Squirrel Girl and Loki as the best solo books marvel has been putting out.

Hank Johnson was pretty good, in a Married...with Children sorta way.

Messi

Deadly Class #13
.......... God damn it. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT......This better be a trick. It's totally not :(.

I want to break something

Well this fucking sucks. She was the character that made me ask about it in the first place. I seen the first issue preview and she had the face paint on and I asked if she was gonna be in it more. :(

Well, that's good. Now stick around for the interesting new direction. :D

Messi

Oh crap I thought I was caught up. I totally am not. Another two issues. Not tonight. Enough damage has been done. Is the book currently on break?

Messi

Probably shouldn't be reading Remender's Image stuff in general, then. :x

The next issue will be the end of the arc.

I hate it but I love it.
The high stakes for characters is what I enjoy most. The sadness will pass. But my love of the book won't. I read Low. I understand horrible loss. Sometimes with big two cape books I feel like nothing bad can happen as all things have to be able to return zero. Indie books don't have that problem. I will miss her but I trust these guys. The sadness I feel is a credit to the writing and art. If I had no reaction the book would have been a failure.

I still feel the loss from last month's low. That person was only in one issue.

Vyer

Deadly Class 13
was genuinely concerned someone was going to accidentally spoil things for Messi after that teammaria pledge. Well done everyone. Sorry Messi. :(

Messi

Deadly Class 13
was genuinely concerned someone was going to accidentally spoil things for Messi after that teammaria pledge. Well done everyone. Sorry Messi. :(

Damn you all. You sat there and waited for the ton of bricks to hit me :)

Sorry to (possibly) derail the conversation there, but is this a thread where I can ask about Judge Dredd?

Some stuff happened recently and I was able to pick up a few volumes for quite cheap. I don't normally read comics (as in, I maybe have read 2 or 3 before), but it was cheap, so I just went 'whatever' and picked up a few.

Basically my question is: If I know the basic of Judge Dredd (like who some of the characters are and what the stories are about) can I read any of these in any order? Or do they all follow one big story?

For reference the ones I bought are:
"Judge Dredd Hall of Justice",
"Judge Dredd Future Crime",
"Judge Dredd 27",
"Judge Dredd The Pit",
"Judge Dredd Yearbook 1992".

I'm guessing most of these are part of bigger stories =P, if so, can you guys just point me towards which other volumes I should be getting to complete them? Or if everything is just part of one major story, where should I start reading?

Thanks in advance!

I hate it but I love it.
The high stakes for characters is what I enjoy most. The sadness will pass. But my love of the book won't. I read Low. I understand horrible loss. Sometimes with big two cape books I feel like nothing bad can happen as all things have to be able to return zero. Indie books don't have that problem. I will miss her but I trust these guys. The sadness I feel is a credit to the writing and art. If I had no reaction the book would have been a failure.

I still feel the loss from last month's low. That person was only in one issue.

Yeah, fair enough. Low is an even bigger bloodbath while still being very enjoyable...somehow.

Owzers

Rumble vol 1 is dying on my trades shelf right now. I started Shadowrun Returns on my ipad air 2 and am debating if i want to continue or switch to pc, downloading it on my laptop now to compare. I think i shall read Marvel Zombies #2 next, SW tie-in. Can't believe they let Han Solo defend the wall.

Top Bottom