• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
They circulate the inventory every couple months, and they open the warehouse on FCBD so you can see like everything.

Ah, that's good to know. I'll probably stop by every couple months then and just do a quick browse.

MG310

Oh well. I'll go back if I'm ever looking for something specific. They seemed like the place to go when you know what you want, since they did have a decent amount of inventory. It's just an awful store to browse.

In fairness though, I'm pretty pleased with this Manute figure for $3:

Only weird thing is that it has literally zero articulation below the waist. Lol.

Most NECA stuff used to be that way....occasionally they had a cut joint if the character was wearing boots.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Most NECA stuff used to be that way....occasionally they had a cut joint if the character was wearing boots.

Interesting. More modern NECA stuff has joints galore from what I've seen. That's a pretty drastic change in form.

You mean those giant Prince Valiant comic collections they sell at the bookstore?

Don't get cute with me.

I'd mean getting the missing Harbinger issues. Unity isn't an issue given the bundle (And the other hardcovers mostly deal with it already). I don't see much need for the Unity OHC given that between the Armor Hunters hardcover and the second Executive Office Mango Ward hardcover you have half of Unity in oversized form already.

You won't need them for just Armor Hunters

Messi

As I'm sure Sinister Silk will be.

:D

No

7tK4gfG.gif

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Gotta say that new Guardians book does look more appealing than the main title. I like the team make up more and I've really enjoyed Abnett's Korvac Saga tie-in. I'm sure he's more well known for other stuff but that is what I have to go I at this point.

Owzers

Gotta say that new Guardians book does look more appealing than the main title. I like the team make up more and I've really enjoyed Abnett's Korvac Saga tie-in. I'm sure he's more well known for other stuff but that is what I have to go I at this point.

what new Guardians book?

Yousefb

Did you read any of the older Abnett and Lanning cosmic stuff or is Korvac your only exposure to Abnett?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Did you read any of the older Abnett and Lanning cosmic stuff or is Korvac your only exposure to Abnett?

Only Korvac.

I've never really read anything from Marvel outside of the X-men umbrella. But by the way people are talking about him I assume he's written some good shit.

so tony daniel talked about cassandra cain appearing in batman and robin eternal in a interview at ign with her not being batgirl and having a new look that fit her personality.

the terry death in future end and role was just total garbage .

Yousefb

Only Korvac.

I've never really read anything from Marvel outside of the X-men umbrella. But by the way people are talking about him I assume he's written some good shit.
Dude read the cosmic Marvel Abnett and Lanning run. The entire thing is on Marvel Unlimited and it is well worth your time. GAF brought it to my attention not too long ago and it quickly became my favorite Marvel series of books. At the very least read Annihilation -> Conquest -> Guardians of the Galaxy. It's all fantastic.
It might seem like too much but trust me it's worth it.
N7OXfyI.jpg

This omnibus looks so good. This is why I can't give up on dust jackets, we get to have 2 different cover arts! (Three if there is a slipcase).

-_- Why are there are ads on the inside of the cover.

And speaking of Kirby, volume two came in today. Another complete series to go on my backlog pile.

-_- Different spine logos...

I just want Silk to be good :(

Messi, I shit you not, I am 100% certain that this is only going to be the first story arc where she's being blackmailed or some such into villainy. They're pretty much foreshadowing this with where the story has been heading. There's no way she stays evil.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Dude read the cosmic Marvel Abnett and Lanning run. The entire thing is on Marvel Unlimited and it is well worth your time. GAF brought it to my attention not too long ago and it quickly became my favorite Marvel series of books. At the very least read Annihilation -> Conquest -> Guardians of the Galaxy. It's all fantastic.
It might seem like too much but trust me it's worth it.
N7OXfyI.jpg

It's on my to do list. I already have Thanos 1-12. And that is a better checklist than the one I have so thanks for that.

Squire

Banned
Silk isn't staying evil, Ant-Man isn't going to back to crime, Galactus certainly isn't staying on a team for more than 5-6 issues of Ultimates (lol), Scott Summers and Emma Frost are definitely alive somewhere, etc etc.

New books, new hooks, and nothing more.

Messi

Messi, I shit you not, I am 100% certain that this is only going to be the first story arc where she's being blackmailed or some such into villainy. They're pretty much foreshadowing this with where the story has been heading. There's no way she stays evil.

I want to believe you. But people are right there is no place for Silk on a marvel lineup that has a book as popular as Gwen. She turns evil to be different or she gets cancelled :(

Owzers

Silk isn't staying evil, Ant-Man isn't going to back to crime, Galactus certainly isn't staying on a team for more than 5-6 issues of Ultimates (lol), Scott Summers and Emma Frost are definitely alive somewhere, etc etc.

lies.....why would you lie so much? Galactus is going to be there for pizza night.

Did we not talk about this?

BULLSHIT

DON'T RUIN MY DREAMS

lies.....why would you lie so much? Galactus is going to be there for pizza night.

See?

He gets it

I want to believe you. But people are right there is no place for Silk on a marvel lineup that has a book as popular as Gwen. She turns evil to be different or she gets cancelled :(

See, I don't know about that. Because I'm being completely honest when I say that Silk has been a way better read than Spider-Gwen. I love Spider-Gwen, I love the character design and the setting, but the story just doesn't jive with me for whatever reason. They're re-using the same old Spidey villains with her and it's boring as fucking shit. I want Gwen to be good, but it's just not where it should be.

Hagi

She'll be so bad it's good.

Also this.

Disney Infinity 3.0 came out today and now I have the urge to buy all the Star Wars figures. :/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
See, I don't know about that. Because I'm being completely honest when I say that Silk has been a way better read than Spider-Gwen. I love Spider-Gwen, I love the character design and the setting, but the story just doesn't jive with me for whatever reason. They're re-using the same old Spidey villains with her and it's boring as fucking shit. I want Gwen to be good, but it's just not where it should be.

Silk may very well be the better book but Gwen seems to consistently sell about 40K more per month.

Messi

But who sells more. I'm sure it's Gwen and that's all that matters.

Top Bottom