• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

a4a02bc4dfd3eb70dedc90a64680aaef.jpg

JC, no! You can't submit to anime!

It's always weird reading an old comic and seeing a familiar character in a totally unfamiliar light. I first discovered Peacemaker in his role as an older mentor figure in the 06 Blue Beetle run I'm always prattling on about; there was some stuff about his former life as a cape, but I figured it was something they made up on the spot, mostly as a gag.

Then I'm reading Squad, and I see this dude:

Dl09vJX.png

Right down to the stupid hat and stupider catchphrase. Holy crap.

Does this apply to books only? Or can it be used with other stuff? Mind linking to this offer please?

Applicable to anything on Amazon's UK site. You get £10 off when you spend £50 or more with the code BIGTHANKS. They won the best retailer in the UK award apparently.

Tizoc

Applicable to anything on Amazon's UK site. You get £10 off when you spend £50 or more with the code BIGTHANKS. They won the best retailer in the UK award apparently.

Cool thanks, if it applies to pre-orders I can use ti get some 3DS games I've been wanting =3

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wow. Just finished the Ellis/Shalvey Moon Knight TPB.
Absolutely incredible stuff from both Ellis and Shalvey. Just brilliant.
I think my favorite issue was #5, the one where Moon Knight goes into the 6 story building to save the kidnapped girl. That issue was just pure, unadulterated badassery. That conversation he has with the guy who's holding the gun to the girl is the best ever.
And then when he squishes the last guy with his drone!? It made me mutter "Haha. Holy shit." to myself.

Also, does anyone do splintering/exploding wood better than Declan Shalvey? I can't imagine anyone can top him in that niche.

Also, I really appreciated Ellis' "go in, do the stories you want to do, get out" thing with only doing 6 issues. However, the only super lame thing about the fact that it was only 6 issues is that we didn't get an OHC. I really really really wish I had an OHC of those 6 issues.

C O P R A B O Y Z

Omggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. Fiffe must've sold his soul to the devil. That art is just too good.
Real talk, I really didn't care for the writing in Copra Round One TPB one bit. Not sure if I just didn't "get" it or what, but I really didn't like the story.
With that said, I'm going to put in an IST order right now pretty much just because seeing that made me decide I absolutely NEED Copra Round Two. That art is seriously my favorite art ever. Tied with Mignola. Praise doesn't get higher than that.
I'll also give Copra Round One a re-read. Probably right now actually. I feel like the story just didn't click. Probably because I read it over a super spread out period of time.

fauxtrot

Banned
Omggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. Fiffe must've sold his soul to the devil. That art is just too good.
Real talk, I really didn't care for the writing in Copra Round One TPB one bit. Not sure if I just didn't "get" it or what, but I really didn't like the story.
With that said, I'm going to put in an IST order right now pretty much just because seeing that made me decide I absolutely NEED Copra Round Two. That art is seriously my favorite art ever. Tied with Mignola. Praise doesn't get higher than that.
I'll also give Copra Round One a re-read. Probably right now actually. I feel like the story just didn't click. Probably because I read it over a super spread out period of time.

I enjoyed the story in Round One, but I will say that things just keep getting better with COPRA... Round Two was a big improvement all around and the upcoming Round Three has some of my favorite issues in the entire series. I haven't started reading what will eventually be compiled into Round Four (because I think the series reads best collected) but I've heard great things about it too.

ReAxion

I think my favorite issue was #5, the one where Moon Knight goes into the 6 story building to save the kidnapped girl. That issue was just pure, unadulterated badassery. That conversation he has with the guy who's holding the gun to the girl is the best ever.
And then when he squishes the last guy with his drone!? It made me mutter "Haha. Holy shit." to myself.

Also, does anyone do splintering/exploding wood better than Declan Shalvey? I can't imagine anyone can top him in that niche.

Also, I really appreciated Ellis' "go in, do the stories you want to do, get out" thing with only doing 6 issues. However, the only super lame thing about the fact that it was only 6 issues is that we didn't get an OHC. I really really really wish I had an OHC of those 6 issues.

Hell yeah. #5 is basically a storyboard for fight scene choreography.

Splatt

Since you liked it, I'd recommend checking out "The Raid" movie, which heavily inspired Ellis for that issue.

Kipp

Totally blanking on this and it's driving me crazy.
What is that one site that sells comic collections at pretty similar prices to IST that used to do pre-orders and has a really comprehensive list of what's coming out in the future? I used to use them to see what was coming out next and plan my IST orders around that to make sure I get the 50% off discounts.

Edit: AH! CheapGraphicNovels.

Kipp

I enjoyed the story in Round One, but I will say that things just keep getting better with COPRA... Round Two was a big improvement all around and the upcoming Round Three has some of my favorite issues in the entire series. I haven't started reading what will eventually be compiled into Round Four (because I think the series reads best collected) but I've heard great things about it too.

Oh awesome! I'm glad to hear it!

Hell yeah. #5 is basically a storyboard for fight scene choreography.

Yep. Just perfect.

Since you liked it, I'd recommend checking out "The Raid" movie, which heavily inspired Ellis for that issue.

Sweet! Will do!

Kipp

OMG. Ms. Marvel OHC vol 1 comes out tomorrow!
I'm TOTALLY waiting until tomorrow to place my IST order then.

Going to get Kabuki LE, Bacchus Omnibus, Copra Round Two, and Ms. Marvel OHC. So excited.

Wheeeeeee. My Hellboy Library editions all showed up today except for #5, which is in an IST order I placed Friday. I'm sure I'll have it before I get anywhere near the 5th book.

Owzers

i prefer fake wrestling matches to UFC fights that last 30 seconds. UFC fights make comic books look like good time/cost purchases. I don't remember the last fight i actually watched, but i remember that i used to like the UFC.

Zombine

Banned
i prefer fake wrestling matches to UFC fights that last 30 seconds. UFC fights make comic books look like good time/cost purchases. I don't remember the last fight i actually watched, but i remember that i used to like the UFC.

Yeah but it's Rousey tho. She'll find a way to Ko a brick wall in 30 seconds. And she likes Pokemon.

headshot95

Neo Member
OMG. Ms. Marvel OHC vol 1 comes out tomorrow!
I'm TOTALLY waiting until tomorrow to place my IST order then.

Going to get Kabuki LE, Bacchus Omnibus, Copra Round Two, and Ms. Marvel OHC. So excited.

Wait, Ms. Marvel comes out tomorrow? I thought it was next week?

Kipp

Wait, Ms. Marvel comes out tomorrow? I thought it was next week?

Ah, dammit. You're right. Guess my IST order will have to wait a week.
I was just looking at the most recent "Coming Soon" stuff on CheapGraphicNovels and assumed it was tomorrow's batch of books. For some reason the stuff coming out tomorrow isn't in the Coming Soon section...

Kipp

Looks like a Frank Miller Daredevil Artist Edition (Named an "Artifact Edition" though) is coming out tomorrow. Could be cool. I'll wait for a video review before I consider it though. I'd like to see what kind of stuff is in it. Here's a brief description though:

This Artifact Edition will collect more than 20 Miller covers and a staggering display of pages — all shot from the original art — including many from key issues such as the introduction of Elektra… and the death of Elektra. Additionally, a selection of pages from Wolverine and Spider-Man projects will also be showcased. If you are a fan of Frank Miller’s classic storytelling, then this is the Artifact edition for you! 144-page, 12” x 17” B&W (but scanned in color) hardcover.

Top Bottom