• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

still dk how those lips made it past... any stage

my only exposure to this book was the first issue, which i found okay but i wasn't into how Frank was this Cool Dude. Black Widow i wasn't jazzed on either and wasn't sure why all these characters needed Pizza Dog style pets but I was impressed with the art. Lot of those Marvel Now books had great art with bland writing

I've never read anything by Alex De Campi but i listened to her recent interview on War Rocket Ajax and it sounds like Black Widow would be up her alley
Kot asked him to address homphobic allegations and Edmondson said/did nothing except favorite the tweet asking him to address the allegation so take that for what you will.

There was also some talk between other people about his sexism that I cant find. May have been part of another convo I saw where the original author of the convo told people not to work with Edmondson. A few others joined in to echo some other rumors iirc

That fav/silence can mean a few things, to be fair. I don't know if that alone is enough to make any call

It's kinda sad what Edmonson did with the character because sure, Ennis's version isn't some edict from god, but Frank avoiding becoming a role model and having something akin to a social life like the fucking plague because he knows how easily what he does can go awry has been a part of the character for decades.

As has been his awareness of the futility of his work.

Man these Quantum & Woody webcomics were hilarious

hQkAFWN.jpg

klaHaIX.jpg

TJ891lD.jpg

New 52 Animal Man #7-#19 (and Swamp Thing): It was great and I was really getting into it. Constantine and Swamp Thing felt like they fit in perfectly and I was excited to read more. The atmosphere was built brilliantly and gave me the same kind of creepy feeling that Fallen did.

But then Snyder joined in and the whole tone changed. It turned into some DC Zombies Event. Something rather pedestrian. Thankfully that didn't last long and the end jumped right back to what Lemire alone was writing. Hopefully the 4th and 5th trades go back to the quality of the 1st and 2nd trades and we get a good wrap-up.

Finished Castlevania SOTN. I'm back baby. I feel like Kipp but instead about comics it's games. This year has been an all time low for games completed. I'm only at 8! With most done in the last month or so.

Sounds like you just got Rotwhirled bud
Rotworld was such a shame. Both series were great and building towards this great event and when they combined forces it just fizzled out to nothing.

I think ANAD ANXM is my least anticipated X-book. Hell, I think I'm more interested in Greg Land Uncanny with Mystique and Sabretooth on the team.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh Evan is back? Absolutely hated that Remender just casually turned him to Apocalypse in Axis

Sounds like you just got Rotwhirled bud

Rotworld was such a shame. Both series were great and building towards this great event and when they combined forces it just fizzled out to nothing.

Filthy Slug cries at night knowing how many poor unsuspecting souls will be taken in by Rotworld

Was this a known Famous Event along the lines of Civil War and Age of Ultron? We should have a Warning section in the OP.

Frankenstein wears a Green Lantern ring, so awesome! Zombie Justice League, so awesome!

Sandfox

I think ANAD ANXM is my least anticipated X-book. Hell, I think I'm more interested in Greg Land Uncanny with Mystique and Sabretooth on the team.
I'm going to give Hopeless the benefit of the doubt though it certainly isn't my most anticipated X-book either.
Oh Evan is back? Absolutely hated that Remender just casually turned him to Apocalypse in Axis
I kinda liked that because he one of the few writers that can write Apocalypse in any shape or form at this point.

I'm gonna buy all of the ANAD X-Men books for a few issues. The Lemire/Ramos one is somehow the one with the most potential. Man...

Hagi

Ugh those new costumes are trash. I haven't really cared for anything Hopeless has written and I'm kinda done with the young X-men so it's an easy pass for me.

Savitar

Either is preferable to "in a comic."

But I kinda miss Transonic. She was cool.

It's pretty funny though how she goes from this super special character to being kept alive and implanted in a computer.

Also what no Jean Grey in the new series?

She was pretty damn unlikeable.

Hope was wronged! Forget Ana Maria Messi. This is the character you should feel bad for. A plot device moved around for years and years. Building up to be important moment. Then AvX showed up and Marvel went lol NOPE here's the Pheonix five instead. :(

I'd sooner watch anime than pay/read Greg Land comics
Even Birds of Prey Land?

Hope was wronged! Forget Ana Maria Messi. This is the character you should feel bad for. A plot device moved around for years and years. Building up to be important moment. Then AvX showed up and Marvel went lol NOPE here's the Pheonix five instead. :(

I mean she still reversed all that shit at the end with Scarlet Witch...but then after that she fell into the Doomsday problem. A plot device disguised as a character served their purpose, so what do you do now? Put her in a fuckin coma I guess til somebody can think of something.

unrelated, but freebirds tortilla ranking:

Cheyenne (da bes) > spinach (quirky!) >> wheat("healthy") > flour (bland)

Even Birds of Prey Land?

I mean in 2015 Land

I mean she still reversed all that shit at the end with Scarlet Witch...but then after that she fell into the Doomsday problem. A plot device disguised as a character served their purpose, so what do you do now? Put her in a fuckin coma I guess til somebody can think of something.

unrelated, but freebirds tortilla ranking:

Cheyenne (da bes) > spinach (quirky!) >> wheat("healthy") > flour (bland)

I mean in 2015 Land

Bane recovered....eventually.

I think Bendis's love of young Jean pushed out restart redhead Hope.

besada

Banned
Reading Suicide Squad, and I'm still really enjoying it, but stuff like this

ST7CUDA.png

is getting old. There's this book, there's Checkmate, there's whatever event is going on, Firestorm keeps getting namedropped... Gaaaaaah
Well, they're all by Ostrander/Yale, except Checkmate. Ostrander/Yale ran their own little events through the books they wrote, and then eventually did a huge event with Checkmate. All good books, by the way.

Greg Land used to be better version of Tony Daniels on his old DC days ;_________;

his Nightwing run is :banderas

Parts of his Nightwing were good. As I recall, he did Nightwing Annual #1 and missed the memo about Dick getting a haircut; kept drawing him with that glam rock hair.

Well, they're all by Ostrander/Yale, except Checkmate. Ostrander/Yale ran their own little events through the books they wrote, and then eventually did a huge event with Checkmate. All good books, by the way.

That's actually pretty neat. I doubt there's any chance of any of them being reprinted alongside the new SS TPBs, though

The other members of the O5 finally had enough of Young Jean, booted her to a team that won't stand for her bullsh*t meddling, then brought aboard a clone of the X-Men's greatest foe and a self-hating religious zealot because that's still an improvement.

Alternatively, Young Jean realized that she'd done all the damage she could to to her O5 teammates while still alive, and decided to move on to her next target of opportunity like a swarm of locusts looking for other fields to devour.

Top Bottom