• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

ReAxion

The murders yes, killing the cat was above that.

Wasnt a fan of that section at all. Felt like he threw it in to get a reaction. It doesn't fit.

I feel like it's a cheap fit. Like, it's literally Save The Cat. But it makes the cat she saves more than a wasted meandering, and it helps show why she's so down on herself throughout the whole book.

Not knowing her past, I'm like "geez, girl, ease up on yourself." But now I'm like "... ohhhh".

Owzers

canceled my order for the Mignola black and white statue, i decided my money would be better spent if i sent it to Trump's campaign. He says he doesn't need it but i think that's just a test.

ElNarez

Banned
The murders yes, killing the cat was above that.

Wasnt a fan of that section at all. Felt like he threw it in to get a reaction. It doesn't fit.

I don't wanna read too much about it but:

-Edmonson book about a man what kills people and stuff: oh dang look at the cool guy finally killing all those dang brown people yay he's cool there's nothing fucked up there

-Edmonson book about a lady what kills people and stuff: oh dang look at how fucked up that lady is dang she kills all those people and stuff and that cat? dang, what a bad lady

XvrOgve.jpg
lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait so another Star Wars book on MU this week? Back to back weeks! MU schedule making no sense whatsoever but I'll take it

I thought it was weird you didn't comment on it earlier lol

Reading Suicide Squad, and I'm still really enjoying it, but stuff like this

ST7CUDA.png

is getting old. There's this book, there's Checkmate, there's whatever event is going on, Firestorm keeps getting namedropped... Gaaaaaah

what is this from?

-Edmonson book about a man what kills people and stuff: oh dang look at the cool guy finally killing all those dang brown people yay he's cool there's nothing fucked up there

-Edmonson book about a lady what kills people and stuff: oh dang look at how fucked up that lady is dang she kills all those people and stuff and that cat? dang, what a bad lady

haha Ive read some of Black Widow. Notos art completely carries it for me. It does read differently than the small amount of Edmonson's Punisher that I've read. I might catch up on it.

Messi

I never said that about Punisher, I also dropped that book because it was too much for me.

PsychBat!

Banned
He's talking about someone's analysis of this last Punisher run. Examined closely, there seems to be some troubling attitudes towards people of color.

Reading the first issues felt really weird so I stopped because there was no way I thought this didn't have any underlying subtext. And I decided to read the last two issues and it seemed to me that Edmondson has this wet dream of killing terrorists.

Reading the first issues felt really weird so I stopped because there was no way I thought this didn't have any underlying subtext. And I decided to read the last two issues and it seemed to me that Edmondson has this wet dream of killing terrorists.

Guys with hard ons for violence in real life should not be allowed to write Punisher.

Rumor is that Edmonson is also a homophobe and sexist. Also a terrible person to work with. Obv 3rd or 4th hand accounts so grain of salt or w/e

Hagi

The new punisher was strange I liked it for a few issues then that lady cop weirded me out with her attitude towards those they were fighting, then it felt like the book was about something else other than Frank. I don't know why but the book didn't sit right with me so I dropped it.

I've been trade waiting Black Widow but damn #20 really doesn't sound like much fun. Waid writing Nat would be great, it'd be nice for her to not be so wound up in her main book.

Hey who here loves Ghostbusters?

Who doesn't love the Ghostbusters? thought about getting into the IDW series at some point.

Kot asked him to address homphobic allegations and Edmondson said/did nothing except favorite the tweet asking him to address the allegation so take that for what you will.

There was also some talk between other people about his sexism that I cant find. May have been part of another convo I saw where the original author of the convo told people not to work with Edmondson. A few others joined in to echo some other rumors iirc

Messi

Yup. I went ahead and bought all 27 issues back when they were a buck apiece on CMX.

It gets less fun when Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti leave the book but still decent.

The new punisher was strange I liked it for a few issues then that lady cop weirded me out with her attitude towards those they were fighting, then it felt like the book was about something else other than Frank. I don't know why but the book didn't sit right with me so I dropped it.

I've been trade waiting Black Widow but damn #20 really doesn't sound like much fun. Waid writing Nat would be great, it'd be nice for her to not be so wound up in her main book.

Who doesn't love the Ghostbusters? thought about getting into the IDW series at some point.

Black Widow was great pretty much the whole way though but just understand what you are getting. Nat doesn't have fun, she is mopey and and lives a very isolated life. I didn't hate the final issue I just felt one note at the end didn't connect. Its worth it just to see Noto's art throughout.

If nothing else, if the waid rumour is true I hope he lets Nat have some fun.

Hagi

Black Widow was great pretty much the whole way though but just understand what you are getting. Nat doesn't have fun, she is mopey and and lives a very isolated life. I didn't hate the final issue I just felt one note at the end didn't connect. Its worth it just to see Noto's art throughout.

If nothing else, if the waid rumour is true I hope he lets Nat have some fun.

I already have the first trade and I liked it but yeah she's just a bit of a debbie downer. I'm just used to reading her having fun and riffing off Bucky or even Jess in Secret Avengers so it's a shame that's she's so reserved in this. Noto da gawd though so even if I didn't wholly enjoy the writing I'd still buy it regardless.

If Waid does get the book I'd be surprised is it isn't a bit more lighthearted. His Daredevil hits all the right notes so he'd be fantastic.

Top Bottom