• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Sandfox

The other members of the O5 finally had enough of Young Jean, booted her to a team that won't stand for her bullsh*t meddling, then brought aboard a clone of the X-Men's greatest foe and a self-hating religious zealot because that's still an improvement.

Alternatively, Young Jean realized that she'd done all the damage she could to to her O5 teammates while still alive, and decided to move on to her next target of opportunity like a swarm of locusts looking for other fields to devour.

Lemire called dibs lol.

Avixph

The other members of the O5 finally had enough of Young Jean, booted her to a team that won't stand for her bullsh*t meddling, then brought aboard a clone of the X-Men's greatest foe and a self-hating religious zealot because that's still an improvement.

Alternatively, Young Jean realized that she'd done all the damage she could to to her O5 teammates while still alive, and decided to move on to her next target of opportunity like a swarm of locusts looking for other fields to devour.

Why are they called the 05 X-Men?

Yousefb

Thought you guys might enjoy this. Was going through some older comics and I found a bunch of ads that brought upon waves of nostalgia.
http://imgur.com/a/m7pYW

This one is probably my favourite lol
fn27zGq.jpg

Also here's some bonus pictures of awesome Jim Lee Xmen sweetness. I didn't know this issue had the poster when I got it hah.
http://imgur.com/a/xCRQx

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just finished watching the 2016 Republican Presidential Candidate Forum on C-SPAN.
I have come to the conclusion that Ted Cruz is my least favorite person in the whole world.

Owzers

Just finished watching the 2016 Republican Presidential Candidate Forum on C-SPAN.
I have come to the conclusion that Ted Cruz is my least favorite person in the whole world.

Stop defending the Washington Cartel.

Cruz is hoping to get Trump's supporters if Trump gets out of the race....

Kipp

Stop defending the Washington Cartel.

Cruz is hoping to get Trump's supporters if Trump gets out of the race....

Hahaha. That Washington Cartel thing was the main thing that pissed me off. He's talking like the most hardcore career politician talking about the evil Washington Cartel of career politicians. I was just thinking "How can people actually buy this?"

Also, Marco Rubio saying that every legal immigrant should be required to speak English was pretty funny to me. He does realize that we don't have a national language, right?
Also, isn't his only hope of having even a slight chance of winning getting some of the Hispanic vote?
Baffling.

Owzers

Cruz bashed the supreme court as being a bunch of elitists who went to Harvard or Yale despite Cruz having been to Harvard. He's tied for the worst with Louie Gohmert. Marco Rubio quoted the movie Taken when talking about his strategy to combat ISIS. These people.....all we can do is put our hope in Trump.

Kipp

Cruz bashed the supreme court as being a bunch of elitists who went to Harvard or Yale despite Cruz having been to Harvard. He's tied for the worst with Louie Gohmert. Marco Rubio quoted the movie Taken when talking about his strategy to combat ISIS. These people.....

Lol. Amazing. I seriously can't understand how anyone could possibly like Cruz. Or most of these other guys, to be honest.

Did I ever tell you that my dad earnestly supports Trump?
I can't comprehend these things.

Edit: Omg Ted Cruz please.

Cruz bashed the supreme court as being a bunch of elitists who went to Harvard or Yale despite Cruz having been to Harvard. He's tied for the worst with Louie Gohmert. Marco Rubio quoted the movie Taken when talking about his strategy to combat ISIS. These people.....

lmao are you for real

sounds like i missed some quality shit

frye

Cruz bashed the supreme court as being a bunch of elitists who went to Harvard or Yale despite Cruz having been to Harvard. He's tied for the worst with Louie Gohmert. Marco Rubio quoted the movie Taken when talking about his strategy to combat ISIS. These people.....all we can do is put our hope in Trump.

wait, not the from the "particular set of skills" speech tho right?

(who am i kidding of course it is)

Pretty phoned in DC CMX sale. It's basically it's Year one and No Mans land. But not the superior collected version that also is on CMX. no mans land is great but it jumps all around. I'm not sure how to read that on CMX now that the story sorting went away

https://www.comixology.com/Gothams-Finest-Sale/page/7635?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

This FF collection sale is better. But very surfacy. Can't do deep collected runs
https://www.comixology.com/Fantastic-Four-Collection-Sale/page/7646?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

Owzers

wait, not the from the "particular set of skills" speech tho right?

(who am i kidding of course it is)

“On our strategy on global jihadists and terrorists, I refer them to the movie Taken. Have you seen the movie Taken? Liam Neeson. He had a line, and this is what our strategy should be: 'We will look for you, we will find you, and we will kill you,'” the Florida senator said in Greenville.
-- Rubio.

Trump 2016, it could be worse.

Also for worse, i have to bring up the time Herman Cain, a person who wanted to be president in 2012, quoted Pokemon.

Closing a rambling press conference in Atlanta where he announced the suspension of his bid for the GOP presidential nomination, Cain said, “I believe these words came from the Pokémon movie. ‘Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It’s never easy when there’s so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference. There’s a mission just for you and me.’”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/03/cain-quotes-pok-mon-movie-in-final-speech.html

Justice League Gods and Monsters was fantastic. Loved it.

Read All-New X-Men volume 4. Pretty good. Really love the new costumes for X-23 and the O5.

Currently reading Bendis Daredevil volume 3. Angry mob boss is angry.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty phoned in DC CMX sale. It's basically it's Year one and No Mans land. But not the superior collected version that also is on CMX. no mans land is great but it jumps all around. I'm not sure how to read that on CMX now that the story sorting went away

https://www.comixology.com/Gothams-Finest-Sale/page/7635?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

This FF collection sale is better. But very surfacy. Can't do deep collected runs
https://www.comixology.com/Fantastic-Four-Collection-Sale/page/7646?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

Black Mask is in there in single issues. Detective Comics 871-881. Jump on it if you haven't!. Dickbats forever!

ReAxion

Future Imperfect is cool despite being a Land drawn book. semi-sorry.

incidentally my CMX app keeps logging me out since the last update and that's annoying.

Messi

Does anyone here watch orange is the new black? I want to know an actors name but don't want to google her for fear of spoilers. I also don't know her name. Help

is the new girl in the 3rd season with the shortish hair and all the tattoos.

Is it really? I only read the first issue but I didn't even notice Greg Land was the artist.

Yep it's still good and his art is still good.

Messi

Ruby Rose

Oh yeah, that's her. Now I need to know if the archer tattoo on her stomach is real. I kind of assumed a lot of the tattoos were fake but it seems I was wrong.

Haha awesome it is real

BZedT7VCcAISU1r.jpg

Edit: and tank girl, which is pretty funny as Lori petty is in that show now

6ad25f5208b12db73696380f3f94b26e.jpg

Oh yeah, that's her. Now I need to know if the archer tattoo on her stomach is real. I kind of assumed a lot of the tattoos were fake but it seems I was wrong.

Haha awesome it is real

BZedT7VCcAISU1r.jpg

Edit: and tank girl, which is pretty funny as Lori petty is in that show now

6ad25f5208b12db73696380f3f94b26e.jpg

Reminds me of Bonnie Rotten

Note: searches for Bonnie Rotten may be NSFW

Messi

I can't not see it now. If she was blonde I might have gotten it quicker.

How you liking the show though?

It's prob my favorite show I watch. I only have one episode left of season 3 so I am essentially caught up. I just hope no nasty shit happens to my favs in the last episode. But I am scared
Alex and Poussey

I like most of the characters even as the show has gotten more out there as the seasons have gone on. I love the new people they added this season. Doggetts story this season
is :( all that rape :(. That actress did a really great job this season actually. I didn't like her before this season

Reminds me of Bonnie Rotten

Note: searches for Bonnie Rotten may be NSFW

tumblr_inline_movwg01n0Z1qz4rgp.gif

Top Bottom