• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Really? Wow, so far my experience with Amazon has been good in regards to orders. But I'll keep that in mind especially if I get any hardcovers! Thank you

Edit: Appreciate the responses everyone. I think I'll get the first volumes of Deadly Class along with Low or Black Science since they're relatively cheap. I'm torn on Fear Agent because I see there's a hardcover edition and I'd rather wait to get that later vs a bunch of paperbacks. Besides I need to get Hellboy Library Edition first :p

Amazon makes me mad sometimes because I feel like 40-50% of the books I order come damaged. However, recently there have been a lot of titles with a larger discount than IST, it's faster, and even if it's in unsatisfactory condition when it arrives, I can send it back until I get something I can work with. Fortunately, the last few books I've received from them have been in really good condition; however, I realized kind of late that a book I ordered a few months ago was kind of damaged, but that's on me for not inspecting it better.

Hagi

Ugh plague of frogs volume 3 is out of print on Amazon UK. Might have to have a look at this Instocktrades site.

tim1138

I found the first issues not to my interest :/

Eh, not every book is for everyone. You gave em a shot and they didn't click, that's the way it goes.

I'm tradewaiting Midnighter m'self, but Omega Men really picks up after that first issue, which is pretty weird and confusing.

Huh, I'd probably recommend the opposite. Omega Men will probably read great in trade because it will be a bit easier to follow all the twists and turns, where as Midnighter reads very easily on a monthly basis.

Eh, not every book is for everyone. You gave em a shot and they didn't click, that's the way it goes.

Huh, I'd probably recommend the opposite. Omega Men will probably read great in trade because it will be a bit easier to follow all the twists and turns, where as Midnighter reads very easily on a monthly basis.

Honestly, it's more that Omega Men's got me really curious about where it's going, and Midnighter... doesn't, really. It's good, and I'm definitely gonna read it at some point, but I'm just not feeling the compulsion to stick with it month to month.

So,

I mean,

It's not really free.

You're just paying with time and dignity instead of money.

I can hope that its so bad its good. The movie is only 90 minutes. That ain't so bad. It'll probably be like a bad dream.

It's Clobberin Time!
:D

Edit: Dam. F4 is beating out Pixels at 14% on RT.

Let's not forget about Dennis Hopeless and how he tried to pass off Avengers Undercover as a serious "PTSD book" with teens, while we're at it.

Teens don't suffer PTSD?

So only New Yorkers over a certain age suffered after being right downtown on 9/11? All those schoolkids down the block are a-ok rn?

Whether you like the book or not or whether or not it was successful or not, I don't see how you can slight a creator for trying to address a real world thing.

Avengers Undercover did just that, as a matter of fact, with a bunch of teens lashing out after being held captive and forced to murder each other months.

What was your assessment of the book?

tim1138

Only read Omega Men so far but it was masterful. There is a fight in there that played like a movie in my head.

Yep that sequence was fantastic

Honestly, it's more that Omega Men's got me really curious about where it's going, and Midnighter... doesn't, really. It's good, and I'm definitely gonna read it at some point, but I'm just not feeling the compulsion to stick with it month to month.

Hah, I didn't mean you specifically, I figured you had your own reasons. I just meant generally if someone was curious as to which to buy monthly and which to trade wait.

I'm trying to decide if I want to commit to Batman and Robin Eternal weekly (preorder starts now).. sounds kinda cool tho.
Thoughts?

Ka2Sxuq.jpg

They actually acknowledged Stephanie Brown as Robin? That is surprising.

I'll play devil's advocate and say it's not worth committing to something as lengthy and costly as a weekly series when you don't know if the finished product will be worth it.

I know,, I'm really trying to talk myself in to trade waiting.

Buuutt, I really did enjoy Batman eternal weekly
Urgh lol

They actually acknowledged Stephanie Brown as Robin? That is surprising.

I'll play devil's advocate and say it's not worth committing to something as lengthy and costly as a weekly series when you don't know if the finished product will be worth it.

I'd agree with this.

But if Marvel ever did a Star Wars weekly...

fertygo

Following Trade for Eternal weekly is might as well not buying at all because tbh this book is kind of shit.. but I deal with it, one less burger a week for batman brehs..

Nudull

Banned
Teens don't suffer PTSD?

So only New Yorkers over a certain age suffered after being right downtown on 9/11? All those schoolkids down the block are a-ok rn?

Whether you like the book or not or whether or not it was successful or not, I don't see how you can slight a creator for trying to address a real world thing.

Avengers Undercover did just that, as a matter of fact, with a bunch of teens lashing out after being held captive and forced to murder each other months.

What was your assessment of the book?

PTSD makes you a supervillain?

Owzers

Hearthstone still wearing me down, everyone has the same Dr. Boom legendary but me and apparently going from 20 to 19 in ranked means all my casual matches are now too good? I dunno, but it's lame and not fun.

I might read comics instead.

PTSD makes you a supervillain?

They weren't supervillains. But PTSD can have a negative behavioral impact to compensate.

Did you get the impression from reading the comic that they were instantly supervillains? They were planning on getting revenge on Arcade, their abuser basically.

So what you're telling me is that you want somebody to cripple Barbara again.

Not what I said and you know it. :p

While it wouldn't be the same as it once was, a Babs retired from the front lines because she determined she could do more as Oracle would be OK to me. Ideally the being healed would have never happened, but that's water under the bridge.

Top Bottom