• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

BPRD Garden of Souls was pretty sad, especially for Abe :/

Johann reminds me of Kipp. Maybe it's because Kipp had that avatar of him for a period of time. Watching him hit on girls is great.

That's because you're buying Bungie games.

in 2015.
Hell ya! Love the shooting mechanics in destiny and the overall vibe. Their pr rollout this week is winning me over to keep going. Like their bland missions were entertaining to me because shooting was so enjoyable. If they actually decide to include variety and a story? Woot

Hell ya! Love the shooting mechanics in destiny and the overall vibe. Their pr rollout this week is winning me over to keep going. Like their bland missions were entertaining to me because shooting was so enjoyable. If they actually decide to include variety and a story? Woot

Yes. If.

:D

Owzers

Destiny was so disappointing i don't even list it as a disappointing game because i don't want to acknowledge its existence.

"We like to tell big stories and we want people to put the Destiny universe on the same shelf they put Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Star Wars; we've already seen they do that with Halo," Parsons said.

Delusional.

Treat it like an MMO and you'll have a fun time. That's what I'm doing.

While your at it, get The Last Word and get ready to never want to use any other primary weapon ever again.
I've always treated it like a MMO. Which is why some of the grind and mission stuff never bothered me. I always laugh when I see the outrage from a news story about their latest shiny gear was just made obsolete with the next patch, expansion, etc. I'm like "it's built on MMO principles of course that'll happen"

Wow, BPRD Killing Ground was fantastic. It's awesome to see things all tying together. It's pretty incredible how a small flashback ends up being such a major thing in this particular story. Great ending too. It may be my favorite BPRD story so far.

And fuck yeah, Lobster Johnson!

I've always treated it like a MMO. Which is why some of the grind and mission stuff never bothered me. I always laugh when I see the outrage from a news story about their latest shiny gear was just made obsolete with the next patch, expansion, etc. I'm like "it's built on MMO principles of course that'll happen"
It's even better when people are shocked by this. It's an MMO. Bungie doesn't want to admit it but sooner or later they have to realize the type of game they want to make is an MMO. Right now it's like half of an MMO but the shooting mechanics are whats holding it together for people.

It's even better when people are shocked by this. It's an MMO. Bungie doesn't want to admit it but sooner or later they have to realize the type of game they want to make is an MMO. Right now it's like half of an MMO but the shooting mechanics are whats holding it together for people.
It's all about marketing. bungie knows their making a MMO but doesn't want to ever say it due to the connotation of what that genre has and wouldn't appeal to the people that play action/shooter/bungie games. You could see this game coming by how each 360 bungie halo game kept getting more MMO like features

It's all about marketing. bungie knows their making a MMO but doesn't want to ever say it due to the connotation of what that genre has and wouldn't appeal to the people that play action/shooter/bungie games. You could see this game coming by how each 360 bungie halo game kept getting more MMO like features

That's the thing, though. I'm not an MMO person, and as I listened to the press conferences and read up on the game, I was like "Hey, wait a minute..." So I think regardless of what you call it, people that don't like MMOs won't be into it regardless.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just finished Connor/Palmiotti run of Power Girl and it was awesome. Too bad they couldn't keep doing it along with Harley and Starfire.

Now wish me luck on finishing the rest of the series.

But the thing I'm noticing with this new console generation is that console players are now hungry for an MMO experience on their console. Elder Scrolls, Neverwinter, and Warframe are doing well on them and Bungie can take advantage of that by establishing Destiny as the shooter MMO.

Edit: I forgot to mention Final Fantasy XIV.

Just read a pretty glowing review of Hellboy and the BPRD 1952 and it sounds like it is very accessible for people not already into the franchise. So if you wanna check out Hellboy/BPRD this seems like a good excuse to do so when the trade drops next week. Kinda hard to top that creative team tbh.

I'm sure everyone is probably tired of my constant talking about this, but I really adore this universe and I can't get enough. I've put off reading my ongoings that I love, like Deadly Class and Sex Criminals, just so I can devote more time to reading this. I've been working a lot more lately with my new job so I have to spend my free time wisely.

Vibranium

Banned
Destiny was so disappointing i don't even list it as a disappointing game because i don't want to acknowledge its existence.

Delusional.

I wish Bungie would make a single player FPS RPG like Deus Ex but that will never happen because we can't have nice things. :(

Anyways, one more issue to the end of Bucky Barnes, things are making a little more sense but it's really uninteresting at this point. My fingers are crossed for a new WS book to be announced sometime this fall. I need my full espionage fix.

345.gif
That's a Doomdamned fine show, I tell you.

Damned fine.

Sumbitch. I want Blade, dammit. I NEED Blade.

Tizoc

I don't get why you peeps are making a big fuss over the new Blade book.
Non of his past series last long, and the only time he was ever relevant was in Captain Britain and M13.
He only became popular due to the movies but his comics were hardly anything to write home about from what I gathered.

Savitar

Want to know a good book that gets over looked due to what it's based on?

DC's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe which is currently title He-Man - The Eternity War. Due to what it's based on and most He-Man fans like many fandoms being fickle as fuck it gets over looked and dismissed easily enough by many. But you know what? It's a pretty solid fantasy/sci fi book, stuff is happening constantly, the characters have motivations for what they do, some unique spins are put on them and when it's all said and done it's a rather entertaining read.

Dan Abnett does a good job keeping things going, good vs evil, life, death, shocks, twist, betrayals and events are always happening. Pop Mahn has really come very far in his artwork, I remember hating his stuff once upon a time but he's doing a superb job here. And if your still not convinced there is a certain Stjepan Sejic doing the covers.

It takes so many aspects of the He-Man mythos and combines them all into what you really wanted the property to be without any of the need to be kid friendly. And it succeeds. Marvelously at that.

Oh and one of the great jobs they do involves a very beloved character in a very awesome way.

The hint:

No that's not Hordak.

In the end it is definitely worth the read.

Half the excitement for some of the Marvel releases seems like they could have literally announced anything and a subset of people would be excited for it. It's like... where was the excitement before? I've never heard people clamoring for these characters but apparently they're popular (except when it actually comes to book sales... or having a reason to talk about them.)

Hi guys, today's my birthday!

Haven't been in this month's thread much since I spent a few days at my parents' but I'm back now. Let there be comics!

happy birthday textrax shards

I don't get why you peeps are making a big fuss over the new Blade book.
Non of his past series last long, and the only time he was ever relevant was in Captain Britain and M13.
He only became popular due to the movies but his comics were hardly anything to write home about from what I gathered.

People like the movie(s) and are hoping that there's a comic that will be as good

Kinda weird that they barely ever tried after the movie

Village

I had a moment where I discovered two of my good friends were Jehovah's Witnesses. Found out it was the day of their birth (they were twins) and wished them a happy birthday.

tumblr_inline_n90qmdRnOf1rq5cm5.jpg

I mean I was raised witness and when people say happy birthday I just say thanks. Then again my family nor myself were never the most religious folks.

Top Bottom