• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

#TeamSaya

Also...(Deadly Class issue 6 spoilers)

what the fuck is the disfigured guy that takes Chico away doing with the cat at the end of volume 1 (issue 6)?

I think they clarify that as they go along. I know I thought it was kind of obvious by the end of it.

HOT DAMN!

For some reason ages ago I decided to have eBay send me emails every time an Invisibles Omnibus was listed and just now I decided to have a quick look at the Promotions tab in Gmail to see if there was anything notable. Noticed a new Invisibles Omnibus listing in effectively new condition for just $65 + $7.22 shipping and was like "Whoa! Yes!"
And THEN I noticed that the guy is also throwing in a Flex Mentallo Deluxe Hardcover if you bought it at the $65 price (he had an option to make an offer)!

SO BOUGHT. I'm so stoked. I've been wanting to read The Invisibles really really badly for ages. And I've still never read Flex Mentallo. How absolutely perfect. :D

Oh, and also, the guy lives in California, so shipping shouldn't take long at all. :D

Totally gonna start on Invisibles or Flex Mentallo after Orion.

That's a pretty sweet deal. I'm after the OHCs, it's a little less expensive that the omni new.

finished drawing another page today for my comic. 90+ pages into this thing. dont really feel like starting another page but I gotta continue drawing.

any ideas for a character sketch I can do?

fauxtrot

Banned
Ugh. I love my new FroYo job, but it's stressful as hell being the only manager. For example, I was at the end of my shift today at Banana Republic and I get a call from the employee currently working at FroYo saying that the POS wasn't working. AKA we couldn't sell any yogurt. So being the only manager, I had to drive 20 minutes over there straight after my Banana Republic shift (and keep in mind, today was my day off from the FroYo job) and fiddle around with the POS which I know barely anything about and get it to somewhat work. It's still a little messed up at the moment, but at least it can handle transactions. And I'll have to continue dealing with that on my own time.
I'm pretty much on-call every hour that the store is open and it's pretty exhausting and anxiety-inducing. The plus side is that I do actually enjoy the work and really like my employees, so it's pretty fulfilling at least.

You should make all of your froyo employees call you Mr. Manager.

orig-13385151.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
That's a pretty sweet deal. I'm after the OHCs, it's a little less expensive that the omni new.

Yeah, I was going to get those as well, but I couldn't pass up this great deal. It was already cheap enough for me to buy it, but then I saw that bonus Flex Mentallo OHC that I've also been meaning to pick up for forever and I couldn't hit "Buy Now" fast enough.

You should make all of your froyo employees call you Mr. Manager.

Yes. Yes I should.

any ideas for a character sketch I can do?

If you draw Jesse Custer smoking a cigarette you'll be my hero.
I was going to say Darkseid or Robotman, but then I remembered you've already sketched both of those (and they were both awesome). Haha

Yeah, I was going to get those as well, but I couldn't pass up this great deal. It was already cheap enough for me to buy it, but then I saw that bonus Flex Mentallo OHC that I've also been meaning to pick up for forever and I couldn't hit "Buy Now" fast enough.

Honestly... if you had posted that before you bought it, I might have stole it.

Empowered v1 was pretty funny. Will read more but maybe after some time. The book did start to feel a bit samey towards the end. But the back stories seem promising and the preview for the next volume did indicate there would be longer chapters.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just read another issue of Orion. Simonson's art was ON POINT that issue. So many totally epic pages with crazy layouts and badass drawings.
Also, Simonson has done consistently great covers for Orion.

Still just really enjoying Orion overall. Really really happy with that blind buy.

Geek Initiative has a pretty good interview with Dark Horse EiC Scott Allie
But change is coming slowly, and there’s not enough of it. There are a lot of voices not being heard. Comics has been good at welcoming female and LGBT voices, though we haven’t achieved anything approaching parity—and we haven’t seen the same growth in racial minorities.
All stories need to be unique. You can’t look to fill genre niches, you can’t try to repeat successes by copying formulas—you need to have new ideas, try new things, come up with something no one has ever seen before, at least not done like this. We don’t need another Breaking Bad. We need another Breaking Bad.

Top Bottom