• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Changed my mind and bought the Deluxe version of East of West and Saga instead. Fuck Image is my crack. I still want to get Rumble, Shutter, Low, Manhattan Projects, Zero, Nailbiter, second volume of Black Science, more Sex Criminals, Copperhead, God Hates Astronauts, Lazarus and probably Southern Bastards amongst others.

I just finished my East of West re-read last night. Got through East of West Year One plus tpb vol. 4. Now I'm ready for Issue 19 to drop in a couple weeks. EoW is like a lot of Hickman books in that it reads better in trade. It got a bit confusing reading it monthly.

Definitely get Shutter, Low, Lazarus, and the often overlooked God Hates Astronauts.

Owzers

Changed my mind and bought the Deluxe version of East of West and Saga instead. Fuck Image is my crack. I still want to get Rumble, Shutter, Low, Manhattan Projects, Zero, Nailbiter, second volume of Black Science, more Sex Criminals, Copperhead, God Hates Astronauts, Lazarus and probably Southern Bastards amongst others.

So much to read, I love this hobby.

This was a good call, revival is okay but a lot of other things deserve a spot above it, especially Manhattan and east of west.

Hagi

I just finished my East of West re-read last night. Got through East of West Year One plus tpb vol. 4. Now I'm ready for Issue 19 to drop in a couple weeks. EoW is like a lot of Hickman books in that it reads better in trade. It got a bit confusing reading it monthly.

Definitely get Shutter, Low, Lazarus, and the often overlooked God Hates Astronauts.

I was buying the floppies for Low for a while then realized I'd rather read it in a collected format, same thing happened with Black Science. I picked up the first issue of the second volume of God Hates Astronauts on a whim and it was fucking mental so yeah I'm definitely going to get that at some point.

Lazarus sounds pretty cool and I'm sure I've seen people recommend Velvet as well. Image is publishing just so many interesting stuff it's amazing.

This was a good call, revival is okay but a lot of other things deserve a spot above it, especially Manhattan and east of west.

I don't even know why I put it in my basket and I'd rather wait for Low to get a deluxe edition anyway. I think I'll save Manhattan Projects till I get paid at the end of the month.

omgkitty

wB7PMIs.gif

So much to read, I love this hobby.

Every time I look at Nailbiter, I get disgusted. I have no idea what it's about, so I'm not sure I'd actually want to read it or not.

arkon

East of West throws you into a world without much explanation to the factions, over time they elaborate on each side but i didn't really like how that unfolded. I also took issue with constant name dropping of "the word" and "the message", it's basically their version of the bible but i don't like how Hickman incorporates it, he seems to use both phrases interchangeably and that confuses me. I consider these mostly minor gripes despite how prevalent the word/message thing is, the overall story is still worth it.
The word is the message and the message is the word.

Hope that helps.

ReAxion

The Stalk is cool, can't believe Saga is three years old already.

So i just ordered Low volume 1 and threw in the deluxe version of Revival because I'm sure I read it's good. I hope it's good.

I used to like Revival a lot more than I currently do. I still buy the deluxe hardcovers, but that's it. I enjoy books like Lazarus much more for the monthly cost.

Revival seems to be rushing toward a conclusion as of late.

Every time I look at Nailbiter, I get disgusted. I have no idea what it's about, so I'm not sure I'd actually want to read it or not.

Nailbiter is cool. It's about the people of a town where a lot of serial killers were born/raised and the mystery of why.

Hagi

Yeah, Velvet is rad on the rare occasions it even comes out anymore.

Sounds like Brubaker will end up finishing The Fade Out before this lol

Serial killer shenanigans is the best way I'd describe it. I've only read the first volume it was interesting enough.

Any Hentai books? I like Pokemon.

I heard Prison School is a lot like Pokemon.

Owzers

Image Hardcovers take awhile to come out and i'm left in this weird place of having bought the monthlies and not reading them, or buying the trade and then wanting the hardcover but not wanting to wait to read more until the hardcover comes out.

Digital people must be laughing right now, laughing and smelling their tablets.

Image Hardcovers take awhile to come out and i'm left in this weird place of having bought the monthlies and not reading them, or buying the trade and then wanting the hardcover but not wanting to wait to read more until the hardcover comes out.

Digital people must be laughing right now, laughing and smelling their tablets.

I think a good percentage of those tablets smell like pizza grease, so take that into consideration as well.

I've spent the last week rereading Incredible Hercules, thinking I didn't remember correctly or that I missed something by being obtuse. I'm up to the Chaos War arc now.

I think maybe I'll start reading Hellboy today.

Also want to get started on the next volume of the Gundam Origin manga. I've been on a pretty long break from that and wanna get back into it. Up to Volume 7.

Stalk bishoujo... Would you buy one.

Day zero.

Owzers

I only liked the first arc of Pak and Van Lente's Incredible Hercules. The Secret Invasion tie-in was ok and then i gave up on the book after being disappointed for a few issues into a random arc.

Hagi

I think maybe I'll start reading Hellboy today.

Also want to get started on the next volume of the Gundam Origin manga. I've been on a pretty long break from that and wanna get back into it. Up to Volume 7.

I have all ten sitting on my shelf. Think I'm going to wait till 11 and 12 before reading it. They look so good sitting on the shelf.

Yeah they are a bit expensive but the quality is unmatched in my opinion so I don't really mind. Never thought I'd have The Origin sitting next to JoJo Part 1 both in english, such a crazy world we live in.

I still can't believe Prison School is getting localized. Or that Emma was so popular it's being re-released in hardcover...

Top Bottom