• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Hagi

I don't think these have been posted? More hip-hop variants.

Spidey_Hip-Hop_Variant_wgvmmu.jpg

Spider-Man_2099_Hip-Hop_Variant_hyerxb.jpg

Spider-Woman_Hip-Hop_Variant_1_ahz5sl.jpg

Drax_Hip-Hop_Variant_zxbm6v.jpg

omgkitty

Yeah they are a bit expensive but the quality is unmatched in my opinion so I don't really mind. Never thought I'd have The Origin sitting next to JoJo Part 1 both in english, such a crazy world we live in.

I HATE HATE HATE the glossy paper on those editions. I bought the first one and read half of it, and was so annoyed by the paper I stopped.

I still can't believe Prison School is getting localized. Or that Emma was so popular it's being re-released in hardcover...

What is Emma?

so we can reach comic movie critical mass even quicker

I'd totally watch a Quantum and Woody movie with Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan as the leads though

I take nothing for granted after Fant4stic. I'll just hope for the best and just remember I'll still have the comics when the movies suck.

Man, Q&W would be awesome as a film. If I wanted Rush Hour tho, I would watch Rush Hour

Hagi

I HATE HATE HATE the glossy paper on those editions. I bought the first one and read half of it, and was so annoyed by the paper I stopped.

Really? I wouldn't have it any other way for those books. I have some of the original Japanese volumes and Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's art looks amazing in the glossy paper compared to the generic cheap manga paper.

I take nothing for granted after Fant4stic. I'll just hope for the best and just remember I'll still have the comics when the movies suck.

Man, Q&W would be awesome as a film. If I wanted Rush Hour tho, I would watch Rush Hour

You don't want to see Quantum and Woody: Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

Surely the success of F4ntastic means you should take more things for granted? that's movie looked garbage from day 1

Really? I wouldn't have it any other way for those books. I have some of the original Japanese volumes and Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's art looks amazing in the glossy paper compared to the generic cheap manga paper.

You don't want to see Quantum and Woody: Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

Surely the success of F4ntastic means you should take more things for granted? that's movie looked garbage from day 1

Nah I'll assume we're going to get 5 mediocre adaptations and they don't sign another contract. Keeping my expectations low is for the best.

Huh. Those Mask comics by Arcudi have some unusually high amazon reviews. Guess imma give it a spin.

Hmm yes Amazon reviews, always helpful...

omgkitty

IDK I just prefer normal manga paper I guess. Honestly, I' d probably prefer to read it digitally, though I don't think that's an option and the covers are amazing and worth owning for those alone.

Hagi

Nah I'll assume we're going to get 5 mediocre adaptations and they don't sign another contract. Keeping my expectations low is for the best.

Well the John Wick dudes are doing Bloodshot so the action should be amazing.

IDK I just prefer normal manga paper I guess. Honestly, I' d probably prefer to read it digitally, though I don't think that's an option and the covers are amazing and worth owning for those alone.

YMMV and all that jazz.

Yeah I think either Vertical don't have digital distribution rights for that title or they don't want to fuck up their sales of the hardcovers by releasing a cheaper digital option.

Well the John Wick dudes are doing Bloodshot so the action should be amazing.

Again, we shall see...

Actually, they could probably go pretty minimalist in the story like in John Wick, that would certainly work very well with Bloodshot as his story isn't overly complex.

But pls, Hagi, I need to fight this hype. This is not good hype. Movie hype leads to disappointment.

Hagi

Again, we shall see...

Actually, they could probably go pretty minimalist in the story like in John Wick, that would certainly work very well with Bloodshot as his story isn't overly complex.

But pls, Hagi, I need to fight this hype. This is not good hype. Movie hype leads to disappointment.

Yeah at least wait for a trailer or something but just one because anymore might ruin the film. I stick to a one trailer policy these days.

It certainly looks nice and Tony still sounds like a twat. Wonder if the kid who built his armor is going to be the Iron Man in the other book lol

Hagi

Friday is the AI from Age of Ultron isn't she? good thing about Bendis riffing the movies here instead of like he does with Guardians is that the Iron Man books can't really get any worse.

Rafa lives

Yeah at least wait for a trailer or something but just one because anymore might ruin the film. I stick to a one trailer policy these days.

I love your enthusiasm. Let's see what happens.

Friday is the AI from Age of Ultron isn't she? good thing about Bendis riffing the movies here instead of like he does with Guardians is that the Iron Man books can't really get any worse.

The books can't possibly get worse than what?

"There is no Viktor. Only Doom."

Such a badass line wasted on a bad movie. Although I could have sworn I heard Doom say that before somewhere.

Hagi

I love your enthusiasm. Let's see what happens.

The books can't possibly get worse than what?

Gillen's run and Superior Iron Man are straight up trash so the only way is up my friend. Even Fractions run got a bit tired after Worlds Most Wanted, hopefully Bendis does something good because I'd love a good Iron Man book again. He's doing two books though so who knows.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Woooooooooooooooo! I fixed the messed up POS system at FroYo! Soooo relieved. That was giving me some crippling anxiety for the past two days.

Gillen's run and Superior Iron Man are straight up trash so the only way is up my friend. Even Fractions run got a bit tired after Worlds Most Wanted, hopefully Bendis does something good because I'd love a good Iron Man book again. He's doing two books though so who knows.

It's a cliche, but things can always get worse.

You're confused with Ghostbusters.

"There Is No Dana, Only Zuul"

That's not from Ghostbusters, it's from Family Guy.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Also, still no reviews of the Frank Miller Daredevil Artifact Edition anywhere... :|

Rumoured Civil War teams are interesting.

Cap
Hawkeye
Falcon
Ant-Man
Winter Soldier
Scarlet Witch

Stark
Vision
Spidey
Black Widow (?)
War Machine

Top Bottom