• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, the final boss of The Old Blood was a fucking pain in the ass.

And why is always the weather so bad when the zombie apocalypse starts?

Owzers

Morrison?

Interesting.

You got a lot of nerve saying the full name here. Next we are going to start ranking his work.

I finally got a chance to watch a tv show and i chose Humans episode 1. It was either that, Mr. Robot, or starting The Strain season 2 i have on dvr.

Started Korvac too. Really love how these tie ins allow for truly stand alone stories that have a basis in older story lines but you can be confident they're finite. I never fucked with Abnett's stuff much in the past but I dig this story. It's straight forward and cool looking.

I'm trying to catch up a ton on the Secret Warsverse this weekend and so far I am loving it all, man.

You got a lot of nerve saying the full name here. Next we are going to start ranking his work.

I finally got a chance to watch a tv show and i chose Humans episode 1. It was either that, Mr. Robot, or starting The Strain season 2 i have on dvr.

You made the wrong call. Mr Robot is the best show on television right now by a country mile.

Messi

Started Korvac too. Really love how these tie ins allow for truly stand alone stories that have a basis in older story lines but you can be confident they're finite. I never fucked with Abnett's stuff much in the past but I dig this story. It's straight forward and cool looking.

I'm trying to catch up a ton on the Secret Warsverse this weekend and so far I am loving it all, man.

I have loved almost all the tie ins and will buy trades of lots of them.

Mindwipe

Surprised people aren't liking Ultimate End (not really, Anti-Bendisism is real). That last page was fist pump AS HELL.

I just find it hard to care. The final meeting of the Ultimateverse vs 616 should be super important, but it's not the real Ultimateverse characters nor the real 616 ones, and hence none of it's going to be important or stick in the grand scheme of things.

I'm finding it hard to care about most of the Secret Wars tie ins to be honest, for similar reasons.

Owzers

Humans' first episode is okay so far. I forgot that i stopped watching Scream's tv show as well, i better watch episode 3 of that before Mr. Robot, i have to have the right priorities.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
How is hipster even close to the greatness known as Morrison?

CH1JBDzWEAIWetQ.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My facial hair is slowly filling in. If it keeps going at it's current pace I should be able to grow a halfway decent beard by the time I'm 45.

NQxgsbv.png

Fucking Shadowman holding the order back since tuesday.

Also Ms. Marvel OHC pushed back a week, comes out the same day as the Perez Wonder Woman Omnibus.

All-New X-Men is getting frustrating to read. Not because of the characters, because I find that storyline fascinating. The whole premise is why I picked up the book. No, it's because of the crossovers. The first three volumes were fine, but then Battle of the Atom happens, which is collected in its own trade, so now I haven't read that. Then after volume 4, The Trial of Jean Grey happens, which I again have not read. Then at the end of volume 5, it says "Continued in Uncanny X-Men!" Yet another crossover! It's incredibly frustrating to read a book like this. Granted, I don't need them. They do a pretty solid job of giving the essentials and nothing more about space, but that's frustrating in and of itself.

It feels like I'm missing a very integral storyline to this book. In its defense, the future Brotherhood does show up again in volume 5, and enough backstory is given that the Battle of the Atom doesn't feel so necessary in terms of knowledge. The Trial of Jean Grey, though, that seems incredibly necessary.

-Kitty is now in a relationship with Peter Quill
-Cyclops met Corsair and then left into space with him
-Jean now has a "new" power set, which I'm not sure that entails. She glows purple, now? I guess. It's not the Phoenix Force.
-O5 Hank was writing on the board "Cyclops. New power set" So O5 Cyke also has new powers? Either that or I was reading that panel wrong.

Seems like a lot happened in that event and I'm missing it. It's an upsetting notion. Luckily I'm starting Uncanny X-Men soon, so I'll have the parallel book. And I bought the first trade of Cyclops, so I get to see that in action.

Bottom line: I'm really liking the X-Men storyline here, I just wish it didn't feel so scattered, because it creates a frustrating reading scenario.
Yeah I agree with everything here. It's super annoying. The worst x men tradition is too have crossovers fuck up a good thing. Not that the crossovers have been bad. I've really enjoyed them but the only way you can sensibly read it in order is to shuffle back and forth between series constantly

Yeah I agree with everything here. It's super annoying. The worst x men tradition is too have crossovers fuck up a good thing. Not that the crossovers have been bad. I've really enjoyed them but the only way you can sensibly read it in order is to shuffle back and forth between series constantly

I can certainly see the complaints, and the constant deviations from the main story is one reason I find that I prefer the Bendis run on Uncanny X-Men run over All-New. But that said, Trial of Jean Grey really was an excellent story and should not be missed.

It was basically the microwaved leftovers of Crisis on Infinite Earths only written by a total hack.

No fucking way.

"You're not alone either" is hands down the best fucking moment in comics history. Not even a thousand Identity Crisises could choke it down.

Best. Ever.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
All-New X-Men is getting frustrating to read. Not because of the characters, because I find that storyline fascinating. The whole premise is why I picked up the book. No, it's because of the crossovers. The first three volumes were fine, but then Battle of the Atom happens, which is collected in its own trade, so now I haven't read that. Then after volume 4, The Trial of Jean Grey happens, which I again have not read. Then at the end of volume 5, it says "Continued in Uncanny X-Men!" Yet another crossover! It's incredibly frustrating to read a book like this. Granted, I don't need them. They do a pretty solid job of giving the essentials and nothing more about space, but that's frustrating in and of itself.

It feels like I'm missing a very integral storyline to this book. In its defense, the future Brotherhood does show up again in volume 5, and enough backstory is given that the Battle of the Atom doesn't feel so necessary in terms of knowledge. The Trial of Jean Grey, though, that seems incredibly necessary.

-Kitty is now in a relationship with Peter Quill
-Cyclops met Corsair and then left into space with him
-Jean now has a "new" power set, which I'm not sure that entails. She glows purple, now? I guess. It's not the Phoenix Force.
-O5 Hank was writing on the board "Cyclops. New power set" So O5 Cyke also has new powers? Either that or I was reading that panel wrong.

Seems like a lot happened in that event and I'm missing it. It's an upsetting notion. Luckily I'm starting Uncanny X-Men soon, so I'll have the parallel book. And I bought the first trade of Cyclops, so I get to see that in action.

Bottom line: I'm really liking the X-Men storyline here, I just wish it didn't feel so scattered, because it creates a frustrating reading scenario.

I feel your pain. I just read 9 issues of Winick's Power Girl run only to find out the conclusion to that whole storyline takes place in another series that PG barely even seems to be in. Very disappointing.

Of course not. But it's way further ahead than the trades. Of course, the art isn't the "remastered" stuff that's going in the trades, either.

He has completed 4 has plans for 20

He is going to change to new couples in the group each 5 volumes. Second volume is called Mercy.

Then I think I will read the rest once Ally and Lisa's story is complete. I need some closure, I don't think I can handle cliffhangers and that feeling of "what happens next!".

Top Bottom