• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Messi

Then I think I will read the rest once Ally and Lisa's story is complete. I need some closure, I don't think I can handle cliffhangers and that feeling of "what happens next!".

Lisa and Allys story is the main one and won't complete until Vol 15-20 tho where all the story's intersect. It's not really a what happens next kind of story the start of the book is from the future.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yea. Time to do a deep dive into earlier Batman runs. I've basically gone as far as Year One. With the exception of some of oniels Ras stuff. The tales trades seem high quality.

Cool.

Year One, The Long Halloween, and Dark Victory is the extent of my Batman reading to this point.

That is an illegal amount of Batman.
No such thing! Never can have too much batman. He's the GOAT!

Finished Star Wars #2. Damn Aaron is killing it with this series. The dialogue is so in tune with the movies I can easily imagine all the actors voices saying those lines. Something most franchised comics fail to pull off. Great action set pieces, and a fun adventure. 3PO is a riot. Love the Han/Leia bickering, and Vader is being badass

Picked Spiderman Renew your Vow and Infinity gauntlets
Then my local store was having $1 for comics sale.
Someone made a mistake about one box and scored some not so dollar comics.

T5GBaSWh.jpg
Filled box is for $20

Picked Spiderman Renew your Vow and Infinity gauntlets
Then my local store was having $1 for comics sale.
Someone made a mistake about one box and scored some not so dollar comics.

Filled box is for $20
Niiice. Some nostalgia covers there. Don't pass on Doom 2099. Under rated series. Battlechasers, spawn, savage dragon, xmen, lots of 90s fun there

Niiice. Some nostalgia covers there. Don't pass on Doom 2099. Under rated series. Battlechasers, spawn, savage dragon, xmen, lots of 90s fun there
Re-reading some of these and seeing those old ads brings back rush of old memories specially that gambit vs bishop (there's uh nice Psylocke panel ahem)
Also that Doom2099 is double comics (behind it is ravager 2099 #1)

Is the Kings man comic as good as the movie?. Just finished watching and it was amazing. I know it is millar but after reading Starlight guy is not complete shit

Zombine

Banned
Is the Kings man comic as good as the movie?. Just finished watching and it was amazing. I know it is millar but after reading Starlight guy is not complete shit

I enjoyed it quite a lot. I do feel like the movie is the stronger of the two, but I do think it has quite a bit in it that is different enough that makes it worthwhile. Art is fantastic throughout.

Vibranium

Banned
Man I hope Marvel gets the Fantastic Four movie rights. Then we can have the Doctor Doom solo book everyone has been asking for since Doom 2099.

I just want to read Doom being a badass and taking on villains and heroes while ruling Latveria. It would print money. I've been thinking about this the last few days lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man I hope Marvel gets the Fantastic Four movie rights. Then we can have the Doctor Doom solo book everyone has been asking for since Doom 2099.

I just want to read Doom being a badass and taking on villains and heroes while ruling Latveria. It would print money. I've been thinking about this the last few days lol.

Oh man. You what I want for a Doom book? Remember that issue of Hickman's FF run where Doom got a hold of two infinity gauntlets and created his own universe? I'd love a long form version of that story. From the beginning all the way through the very people he created overthrowing him. That would be sick.

Vibranium

Banned
Oh man. You what I want for a Doom book? Remember that issue of Hickman's FF run where Doom got a hold of two infinity gauntlets and created his own universe? I'd love a long form version of that story. From the beginning all the way through the very people he created overthrowing him. That would be sick.

Oh man, that's an even better idea! Heh, another great concept to sell to Marvel. Doom's intelligence and twisted sense of honor are great.

I need to reread Hickman's FF again, that reminds me.

Savitar

He was a God...........he found it beneath him.

*Looks at Battworld*

Ah damnit, Doom, you LIED.

Owzers

Divergent Resurgent is bad...i've watched 36 minutes in the last two hours, pause pause pause. I beat most of Naxx adventure in Hearthstone, fun stuff.

Owzers

How can you even watch a movie like that?

Hmmmm my standards for what i am willing to watch when it comes from movies varies with the movies that Redbox has each week. This was arguably the best option. Sometimes if there's really nothing i'll just skip and not rent a movie that week like when The Gunman was the best prospect and i didn't feel like watching it. The second best choice was Get Hard....i dunno or weirdo direct to dvd horror movies that didn't have an interesting enough premise. There's nothing interesting to rent until September 1st with Mad Max Fury Road. Next week has nothing, week after maybe a direct to dvd movie called Northmen: A Viking Saga :/

Boogiepop

Guys... I just watched the 1979 Captain America movie.

And holy crap that was bad. Like, it had no budget, nothing interesting going on, wasn't even close to a proper representation of the character, and like, nothing happens for most of the movie. I'm pretty sure about 50% of the movie is just footage of them flying a helicopter and some really mediocre motorcycle driving (no real tricks, pretty much just drives it straight and occasionally has a small jump). The climax is effectively a CPR training video. His shield is a damn clear frisbee! They couldn't even be damned to show it going in an arc so the like one time it's thrown it's just a shot of a damn frisbee gently floating away in a straight line, then it shifts back to him and it comes straight back to him.

Man. I've seen some bad movies, but that honestly may be the worst movie I've ever seen. And there's still somehow a sequel left packed in on the disk!

Guys... I just watched the 1979 Captain America movie.

And holy crap that was bad. Like, it had no budget, nothing interesting going on, wasn't even close to a proper representation of the character, and like, nothing happens for most of the movie.

Was that the one where the Red Skull was just some dude with hamburger face?

Boogiepop

Was that the one where the Red Skull was just some dude with hamburger face?
Doesn't even have a Red Skull or really any recognizable characters. The villain is an evil business man whose plan is never really properly explained. Also, apparently Steve Rogers is like a teenager whose dad used to be Captain America before he died. And he's honestly just kind of whiny until he abruptely decides to say screw it and become comitted to the job. And he doesn't put on the costume till like the last 20 minutes of the movie (and it looks baaaaad).

There are so, so many things wrong with this movie.

Boogiepop

Oh right, and before I forget: today I learned that apparently the Red Skull was inspired by a sundae with a cherry on top. That's just bizarre.

Busaiku

If Extraordinary X-Men and All New X-Men have crossovers beyond those 2 (or any of the other books I'm reading), they're gonna be dropped.
Same goes for everything else.

Not putting up with that garbage any more.

Doesn't even have a Red Skull or really any recognizable characters. The villain is an evil business man whose plan is never really properly explained. Also, apparently Steve Rogers is like a teenager whose dad used to be Captain America before he died. And he's honestly just kind of whiny until he abruptely decides to say screw it and become comitted to the job. And he doesn't put on the costume till like the last 20 minutes of the movie (and it looks baaaaad).

I must be remembering the one from the 80's. This one sounds even shittier.

I need to stop falling for side characters that won't exist once runs are over. :(

Goodbye Eva. :(

Messi

I must be remembering the one from the 80's. This one sounds even shittier.

Goodbye Eva. :(

Pls Eva was the main character and she is getting her own solo book. Believe.

I mean Anna Maria, Dawn Goodman , Verity Willis. All great characters and they are all going to be gone soon :(

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I mean Anna Maria, Dawn Goodman , Verity Willis. All great characters and they are all going to be gone soon :(

I'm so worried for Kirsten McDuffie. And Dawn Greenwood. We'll always have Groot #3, Dawn.

One of my two IST orders came in. BATMAN!

Nice catch.

I am getting back into comics after an 8 year hiatus. Batman is one of the better series out there right now. It makes me want to go and collect everything under the sun Batman.

Batman is GOAT!

Oh and I have been catching up by reading
Saga
Marvel Star Wars lines
Rat Queens
The Wicked and The Divine
Morning Glories

All are amazeballs!

Any recommendations to add to my catch up? I am open minded.

Nice catch.

I am getting back into comics after an 8 year hiatus. Batman is one of the better series out there right now. It makes me want to go and collect everything under the sun Batman.

Batman is GOAT!

Oh and I have been catching up by reading
Saga
Marvel Star Wars lines
Rat Queens
The Wicked and The Divine
Morning Glories

All are amazeballs!

Any recommendations to add to my catch up? I am open minded.

Deadly Class

Busaiku

Probably gonna drop Deadly Class and Trees when All New, All Different launches.
Gonna be cheaper than the Secret Wars months regardless, but I should probably stay below 30 series.

Wait, what book is this Verity from? Doesn't ring a bell.

Probably gonna drop Deadly Class and Trees when All New, All Different launches.
Gonna be cheaper than the Secret Wars months regardless, but I should probably stay below 30 series.

Trees has certainly slowed down a bit, but I'm still enjoying it.

Top Bottom