• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

I think this book has FF beat :/

I think people should give Fearless Defenders a shot. It was a lot of fun and I'm sill bummed that it was canned.

Haven't even heard of that one, so I'll take your word for it. Threw it in my CMX wishlist, though.

Were there only 16 issues of FF, or is that just Fraction's bit?

16 issues was Fraction's run. Pretty sure the only other FF before that was Hickman's; that all pertains to Hickman's F4/FF story, so it's all in the F4 omnis.

I liked the fighting game cover of that FD book but i didn't like the first issue much. maybe i'll give it another look on MU since so many people swear on it as a hidden gem

Zombine

Banned
it's not worth telling people not to go to OT anymore

everyone go to OT and get yourself banned over bullshit

Nah I bailed for a week because it seems like every time I came in here instead of having fun someone is getting outraged about something.

It's really exhausting.

Zombine

Banned
you're getting upset over outrage?

I'M OUTRAGED!

XD

That's not to say that everyone is like that. We're a badass group of people. It's just that the moment we start being too negative we can't distinguish ourselves from places like CBR or IGN comments. Like I said, it's not everyone. But I think collectively we shouldn't humor the people who's only goal is to stir the pot. We know who they are. They're cartoonish as fuck.

I post in OT and never get banned. Don't be an idiot and you will be fine. It's not rocket science.

I post in almost every thread and never see you. My sense of humor is what gets me. I almost did myself in with the "What Anime is this?" Thread last night.

Boogiepop

Hooray! My Freeza and Piccolo Figuarts Zero figures came in, so I now have a complete set of the DBZ characters they've released (not all the figures though, as there's a Spirit Bomb Goku, a Gallick Gun Vegeta, and really freaking big SSJ3 Goku, but I liked the SSJ figures for those characters better, and I don't feel the need to double down on anyone for now).

Also, yeah, slowly working my way through Realm of Kings era cosmic Marvel thanks to MU. Getting close-ish to the end now!

Yousefb

Hooray! My Freeza and Piccolo Figuarts Zero figures came in, so I now have a complete set of the DBZ characters they've released (not all the figures though, as there's a Spirit Bomb Goku, a Gallick Gun Vegeta, and really freaking big SSJ3 Goku, but I liked the SSJ figures for those characters better, and I don't feel the need to double down on anyone for now).

Also, yeah, slowly working my way through Realm of Kings era cosmic Marvel thanks to MU. Getting close-ish to the end now!
What are thoughts so far? I think everyone obviously loves Annihilation and Conquest more than the rest of the run but it's still great. I personally enjoyed Realm of Kings more than War of Kings as well as the subsequent stories.

Messi

XD

That's not to say that everyone is like that. We're a badass group of people. It's just that the moment we start being too negative we can't distinguish ourselves from places like CBR or IGN comments. Like I said, it's not everyone. But I think collectively we shouldn't humor the people who's only goal is to stir the pot. We know who they are. They're cartoonish as fuck.

I post in almost every thread and never see you. My sense of humor is what gets me. I almost did myself in with the "What Anime is this?" Thread last night.

I am selective. I don't post in threads that are just arguments. Nothing to be gained in there.

Zombine

Banned
I am selective. I don't post in threads that are just arguments. Nothing to be gained in there.

Yeah I avoid those too. But last night in the "What Anime Is This" thread OP talked about an anime with school girls that he didn't know the name of and I said Bible Black lol. I guess it's technically considered a "fake out" reply.

Hagi

Yeah I avoid those too. But last night in the "What Anime Is This" OP talked about an anime with school girls that he didn't know the name of and I said Bible Black lol

Could've been worse least you didn't say Boku no Pico*

*don't google this

Yeah I avoid those too. But last night in the "What Anime Is This" thread OP talked about an anime with school girls that he didn't know the name of and I said Bible Black lol. I guess it's technically considered a "fake out" reply.

Could've been worse least you didn't say Boku no Pico

HW9kHFu.jpg

Zombine

Banned
I want to make the Power Rangers Mafia game.

Edit:

So yeah, Good Ol' Amazon and UPS lost my book package. They sent out a new order and it'll be here tomorrow.

Boogiepop

What are thoughts so far? I think everyone obviously loves Annihilation and Conquest more than the rest of the run but it's still great. I personally enjoyed Realm of Kings more than War of Kings as well as the subsequent stories.

I'm definitely enjoying it so far, though I kind of prefer the non-event parts to the actual core event stuff. Like, I'm really liking GotG and Nova (and I'm super disappointed that the Nova trades are so horrifyingly out of print...)

Yousefb

I'm definitely enjoying it so far, though I kind of prefer the non-event parts to the actual core event stuff. Like, I'm really liking GotG and Nova (and I'm super disappointed that the Nova trades are so horrifyingly out of print...)
Agreed all around. Why is there no Nova omnibus or something? :(

Just saw your post =3
OK for The Flash you have the following options, but they're mostly Pre-52 and they might not have aged all that well, but I personally enjoyed them

Mark Waid's early 90s Flash run
Geoff Johns Flash runs from the past 2 decades
Grant Morrison and Mark Millar's Flash run from the mid-late 90s
JLA by Grant Morrison

That's it off the top of my head for now, let me know if you want any more details =X

Yea these. These are the ones.

Messi

Also I injured my foot pre holiday and it is still hurting badly when I put long periods of pressure on it. Like walking.

Hagi

Nope I had no idea. Luckily Google took out most of the explicit shit, but I still knew I was looking at something I shouldn't be and got the fuck out lol

Yeah I realized I goofed by not putting a parental advisory sticker all over that post as soon as I pressed submit

Kind of struggling since my holidays to get a grip on my diet and weight gain. I am just so downtrodden.

Is this something that happens often? I find myself getting stuck with things like that every once in a while especially after taking time off. I keep trying to get into running on a regular basis but so far no good.

Messi

Yeah I realized I goofed by not putting a parental advisory sticker all over that post as soon as I pressed submit

Is this something that happens often? I find myself getting stuck with things like that every once in a while especially after taking time off. I keep trying to get into running on a regular basis but so far no good.

Yeah I let loose on my holidays and gain weight. Used to be a lot worse one year I gained 22 pounds lol this year I gained 8 but I just feel so unfit right now.

Hagi

Yeah I let loose on my holidays and gain weight. Used to be a lot worse one year I gained 22 pounds lol this year I gained 8 but I just feel so unfit right now.

I do the same, the last three years we've went to Tokyo and I just ate like a maniac then felt like shit for a while back home. I have a severe lack of enthusiasm when it comes to working out but luckily it hasn't had a big negative impact on my weight yet.

So, does anyone else have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro? I've been having problems with the wifi. The wifi drops off all of a sudden. I try restarting it, then it refuses to scan for any wifi connections (no progress circle or any wifis on my list, even though my building is full of them). The only thing that has worked was factory resetting, but it's happened to me twice already.

It's really strange and I'm wondering if I have a faulty device.

EDIT: correction, getting the loading circle for scanning, it's just not seeing anything - which again, is bizarre considering I live in an apartment and scanning with any other device produces a laundry list of connections

Yousefb

Which book is everyone planning on reading come October?

For me it's Daredevil, Old Man Logan, and Extraordinary X-men.

Maybe Karnak and Venom: Space Knight?

Messi

Can I say everything except Karnak ,Old man Logan and Venom. Legit serious.

Squire

Banned

The X-Men books
The Avengers books (including Ultimates)
The Inhumans books
Hawkeye
Dr. Strange
Thor
Illuminati

I'll try damn near everything, I guess.

Owzers

i have pre-ordered for Oct Marvel:

Astonishing Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Karnak

but i'll sub to MU eventually to read the rest, lots of okay looking stuff.

You really ought to be careful when reading Claremont comics: They haven't aged well.

Tell you what here's one good Claremont X-Men stuff
Despite the cheese (and the racism) I'm enjoying it decently. Think I'll stick with it through the Phoenix Saga at least.

Hagi

Think I'll just be sticking with what I'm reading now Ant-Man, Howard and dip into the X titles plus maybe Ultimate Avengers.

Oh and Dr Strange for that Aaron/Bachalo combo.

Yousefb

Can I say everything except Karnak ,Old man Logan and Venom. Legit serious.
Why's that?
I'm not entirely sold on a Karnak book but it's Warren Ellis so I'll give it a shot.
Venom I'm just curious I like space shit.
As for OML I'm gonna start if only for the art.

Messi

Why's that?
I'm not entirely sold on a Karnak book but it's Warren Ellis so I'll give it a shot.
Venom I'm just curious I like space shit.
As for OML I'm gonna start if only for the art.

Not a fan of Wolverine or Venom and I really disliked Ellis on Moon Knight couple that with knowing nothing about Karnak. I feel these are books I can miss.

Top Bottom