• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

PsychBat!

Banned
Which book is everyone planning on reading come October?

For me it's Daredevil, Old Man Logan, and Extraordinary X-men.

Maybe Karnak and Venom: Space Knight?

Karnak
Ultimates
Squadron Supreme
Amazing Spider-Man
Web Warriors
Silk
Extraordinary X-Men
Doctor Strange
Sam Wilson, Captain America
The Mighty Thor
Ms. Marvel
Astonishing Ant-Man
The Vision
Spider-Man
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Man 2099
All-New Wolverine
Carnage (Probably)
Captain Marvel

I don't know about the Avengers teams though.

Yousefb

Not a fan of Wolverine or Venom and I really disliked Ellis on Moon Knight couple that with knowing nothing about Karnak. I feel these are books I can miss.
Makes sense. I do agree with you on Moon Knight. I didn't outright hate it or anything but I felt let down by it. Everyone hyped it up to the moon and back. Ah well, art was cool at least.

Don't look at the thread for a coupla days and when i come back dudes be talking about boku no pico and creeping on girls that look miles better with long hair.

Oh comigaf.

PsychBat!

Banned
Not a fan of Wolverine or Venom and I really disliked Ellis on Moon Knight couple that with knowing nothing about Karnak. I feel these are books I can miss.

1054.gif

All-New All-Different Avengers
Ms. Marvel
The Mighty Thor
Doctor Strange
A-Force
Astonishing Ant-Man
Spidey!
Hercules
Web Warriors
Invincible Iron Man (well, I'll give it a try)
Spider-Man/Deadpool

Busaiku

Silk
Spidey
Carnage
Ms. Marvel
Spider-Man
Spider-Gwen
Web Warriors
Spider-Woman
All New X-Men
Old Man Logan
The Mighty Thor
Spider-Man 2099
All New Wolverine
Uncanny Avengers
Extraordinary X-Men
Astonishing Ant-Man
Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man/Deadpool
All New, All Different Avengers

Maybe Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, and Angela Queen of Hel as well, but not completely sure.

Hagi

Silk is evil now? guess they must be changing the artist because now way would I believe she was evil with art as lovely as that.

Silk is evil now? guess they must be changing the artist because now way would I believe she was evil with art as lovely as that.

I don't think so. The teaser line for the new ANAD Silk book is "Sinister Silk," which I think is just a tease for the first storyline and not an actual change in her alignment. That won't stop Messi from overreacting, tho.

Yousefb

WEIRDWORLD wasn't announced as part of the ANAD Marvel line but I believe it's been confirmed that it will continue following Secret Wars. So will it just continue as its own universe sorta thing?

Messi

I don't think so. The teaser line for the new ANAD Silk book is "Sinister Silk," which I think is just a tease for the first storyline and not an actual change in her alignment. That won't stop Messi from overreacting, tho.

You seen the image. I am not overreacting.

WEIRDWORLD wasn't announced as part of the ANAD Marvel line but I believe it's been confirmed that it will continue following Secret Wars. So will it just continue as its own universe sorta thing?

Wasn't Hercules set in WEIRDWORLD?

Afrodium

Banned
So today I read The Return of Bruce Wayne and Batman & Robin Must Die and now I don't even know what to think. What the fuck? I know Morrison likes to get heady, but his Batman run went from slightly out-there to batshit insane FAST.

Hagi

I hope you are right but I feel bad about this.

I haven't read any of the series yet but I hear it's good, if they're keeping the same creative team maybe it won't be so bad.

Least it wasn't a picture of her with 5 other villains.

Messi

I haven't read any of the series yet but I hear it's good, if they're keeping the same creative team maybe it won't be so bad.

Least it wasn't a picture of her with 5 other villains.

You should read it. It's really charming and this move would be a complete change of character. Silk hasn't got an evil bone in her body.

So today I read The Return of Bruce Wayne and Batman & Robin Must Die and now I don't even know what to think. What the fuck? I know Morrison likes to get heady, but his Batman run went from slightly out-there to batshit insane FAST.

#morrison

You should read The Invisibles.

Don't read The Invisibles.

Zombine

Banned
If anything,
I think the cover is more indicative of her going after the Whisperers for revenge for Ezekiel, not necessarily that she'll die doing it.

No you're right that's what's happening, but I still think we're at the end of this character's story. I picked up those vibes when
she came back and gave that "I don't deserve to be happy"
speech.

Hagi

You should read it. It's really charming and this move would be a complete change of character. Silk hasn't got an evil bone in her body.

My only experience with her is in Spider-verse and I did really like her. The interior of her book totally caught me off guard because I wasn't expecting such cute art. I think I'll pick up her trade this week maybe.

edit: wow it's not out till December? that's some bullshit

Definitely
A-Force
ANAD Avengers
AN X-Men
Amazing Spider-Man
Angela: Queen of Hel
Astonishing Ant-Man
Black Panther
Daredevil
Deadpool
Doctor Strange
Drax
Extraordinary X-Men
GotG
Hercules
Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Illuminati
Invincible Iron Man
Karnak
The Mighty Thor
Ms. Marvel
New Avengers
Nova
Old Man Logan
Sam Wilson, Captain America
Spider-Man
Spider-Man/Deadpool
Ultimates
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Uncanny Avengers
Venom: Spaceknight

Maybe
ANAD Hawkeye
AN Inhumans
AN Wolverine
Black Knight
Blade
Captain Marvel
Contest of Champions
Scarlet Witch
Silk
Spider-Man 2099
Spider-Woman
Squadron Supreme
Totally Awesome Hulk
Uncanny Inhumans
The Vision
Web Warriors

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
For sure
Deadpool
Deadpool/Spider-Man
Ultimates
Web Warriors
Silk
Extraordinary X-Men
Spider-Gwen
Howling Commandos of SHIELD
All-New Hawkeye
A-Force
The Runaways*

Maybe
Uncanny Avengers
Angela Queen of Hel
All-New X-men

*wishful thinking

Messi

My only experience with her is in Spider-verse and I did really like her. The interior of her book totally caught me off guard because I wasn't expecting such cute art. I think I'll pick up her trade this week maybe.

edit: wow it's not out till December? that's some bullshit

It got delayed due to Secret Wars stuffs

Hey, at least Star-Lord's not on the list.

If I had the money and the patience, I would do what he's doing. In an ideal world, I'd try everything for three issues, generally I have a good enough idea of a book after that.

Sure, that's reasonable in a sense. But on the other hand it's easy enough to wait a little bit and grab back issues (especially if you're going digital) after some obvious things shake out.

I think I'm in for:

Definitely
Ultimates
Vision
Ms. Marvel
Silk
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Extraordinary X-Men
Angela
Blade
Doctor Strange
Captain Marvel
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Gwen

Maybe
New Avengers
ANAD Avengers
All-New Wolverine
Old Man Logan
The Mighty Thor

I think you've got more on your Marvel pull-list there than I have on my entire pull-list, and that's saying something.

Well, the maybes will only be purchased with positive word of mouth and reviews, and even on the actual pull list I expect to drop maybe about a third of those within the first couple issues.

But yeah, what can I say. I've never been more happy to be a Marvel guy. I'm lucky to have the budget for so much of it.

Top Bottom