• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Messi

Does Captain Marvel have a new writer yet? Kelly Sue has finished her run now right?

That's a shame I think I'll just buy the digital issues then.

Her main run is over. She is fully finished when Carol Corps ends at #5. All new creative team them so that lovely lopez art is going away.

Sure, that's reasonable in a sense. But on the other hand it's easy enough to wait a little bit and grab back issues (especially if you're going digital) after some obvious things shake out.

If you're waiting for Marvel, you might as well go full MU, and I couldn't do that.

I wait for sales for everything else, comics are the only thing where my FOMO is strong.

Yousefb

If you're waiting for Marvel, you might as well go full MU, and I couldn't do that.

I wait for sales for everything else, comics are the only thing where my FOMO is strong.
If MU was like a 3 month difference then I'd definitely wait. But 6 months is too long for some books.

Hagi

Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas share writing duties, Kris Anka on art.

Her main run is over. She is fully finished when Carol Corps ends at #5. All new creative team them so that lovely lopez art is going away.

Wow the Agent Carter writers and Kris Anka certainly has my interest piqued. Colour me surprised didn't think I would be buying a Carol book again. I didn't really care for Kelly Sue's run after the timey wimey stuff in the first arc.

Messi

Wow the Agent Carter writers and Kris Anka certainly has my interest piqued. Colour me surprised didn't think I would be buying a Carol book again. I didn't really care for Kelly Sue's run after the timey wimey stuff in the first arc.

Not sold on Anka at all

PsychBat!

Banned
Not many peeps here did.

Hagi

Not sold on Anka at all

I really like his work on Uncanny X-Force everything from the covers to character outfits he designed were fantastic. I wouldn't say no to him tweaking her costume a little :x

I worry about them catering to Carols vocal fan base.

Messi

I really like his work on Uncanny X-Force everything from the covers to character outfits he designed were fantastic. I wouldn't say no to him tweaking her costume a little :x

I worry about them catering to Carols vocal fan base.

No one else is buying the book so who else would they cater to?

This is Anka's new costume and look for Carol

captain-marvel-anka-630x420.jpg

Hagi

I meant in the sense that they shouldn't be afraid to try a new direction that might attract new readers instead of getting bogged down by what sorta worked before.

I want them to try and take Carol in a wild new direction that isn't just putting her on the space. It'd be nice if she was actually as popular as Marvel pretends she is.

Yup I'll definitely be giving this a look.

Hagi

I'm more interested in the film to be honest and hoping that they actually will get Emily Blunt because that would be amazing.

That looks more like Cassie Cage than Carol Danvers.

I don't like that he added all the lines to McKelvie's design, it makes it much less striking IMO.

Anka's stuff is usually very good though. Love a lot of his redesigns:

And of course, his Psylocke.

I usually like his designs ok, but I think it's a bit overdone compared to the McKelvie version. They probably wanted to change it, but not too much. I like his art though so i'll probably get this anyway

Zombine

Banned
One of the ways I can tell if I'll like a game is when there is a video preview that is 10+ minutes long and I watch the whole thing. Mad Max is looking amazing to me.

Speaking of Mad Max, this will be my big purchase of the week:

34.jpg

One of the ways I can tell if I'll like a game is when there is a video preview that is 10+ minutes long and I watch the whole thing. Mad Max is looking amazing to me.

Considering getting this at the GMG VIP price. I should probably wait though, given that it's a WB game and I've been burned by them twice this year. Plus, I've spent a lot on games lately, I should probably beat a few first.

GAF hype is making me want The Phantom Pain as well, even though I haven't played one since the first MGS.

I like how it drops the same day as the movie on BD.

Did you ever get that Fury Road artbook that DC put out? I'm still decided whether I want to buy it digital or print. Digital would eliminate the portion lost to the crease.

Worth every penny and that's coming from someone who spends Aniplex money on blu rays

oh god. Aniplex doesn't fuck around. There are a few series I would have easily bought if they weren't so insanely pricey.

Hagi

Mad Max also drops the same day as Phantom Pain which puts it to the bottom pile for me considering I'll be playing that till The Taken King comes out

oh god. Aniplex doesn't fuck around. There are a few series I would have easily bought if they weren't so insanely pricey.

They don't want that reverse importation shieet. A UK publisher has decided to sell Gundam The Origin here for fucking £75 lololol I bought the first episode in Tokyo for like £30 and have the second pre ordered on Amazon.jp for the same.

Top Bottom