• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Boogiepop

So yeah, doesn't matter since that stuff's out of print anyway, but how is/was the Tick comic? Was talking to a friend about this the other day, realized I know nothing but the show stuff...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So yeah, doesn't matter since that stuff's out of print anyway, but how is/was the Tick comic? Was talking to a friend about this the other day, realized I know nothing but the show stuff...

I was just wishing someone would start up a new Tick series.

I've only read one random issue of the comic like 15 years ago and I didn't care much for it. The tone was more serious than I'd like. I think I prefer the cartoon.

LaunchpadMcQ, when are you going to launch your ValiantGAF podcast?

But seriously I've been having a mini obsession with Valiant for like the past two weeks where they are the only comics I've been reading.

There's some shit that goes down in Armor Hunters.

Hellboy is one of the best indies ever, yo. Hasn't had a bad story yet.

Hellboy and BPRD

Wb1CYvY.png

Zombine

Banned
I'm sure that poster looks great in a cardboard box in their garage because celebrities don't value the same stuff nerds do. Lol

"Here's a poster with your face on it*

"Thanks"

tumblr_nlzzcpuUye1s9362xo1_1280.gif

LaunchpadMcQ, when are you going to launch your ValiantGAF podcast?

But seriously I've been having a mini obsession with Valiant for like the past two weeks where they are the only comics I've been reading.

There's some shit that goes down in Armor Hunters.

Not to be outdone, I've been reading Shadowman, which is the one series I haven't read. It's actually pretty good, which is surprising for all the flack it gets. I especially like the background art for the Deadside.

Armor Hunters is soooo good, but I'll tell ya, I think I liked the X-O tie-ins the most from the whole event. The Armor Hunters' origins were incredibly well-written. That's really just the blueprint for making an amazing comic event. That said, The Valiant is far and away my favorite thing they've done, but event comes with quotations in that case since it's more of a weighty mini.

Glad you're enjoying though

Are the Hellboy stories in the Library editions in any particular order? Because the second story in the first Library edition (Wake the Devil) references something in The Chained Coffin, which is the first story in Library edition Vol.2.

Are the Hellboy stories in the Library editions in any particular order? Because the second story in the first Library edition (Wake the Devil) references something in The Chained Coffin, which is the first story in Library edition Vol.2.

I asked this last week. Apparently, that story was published first, but they collected it in the second library edition. Other than that reference, it doesn't amount to much, I don't think.

Messi

I'm looking forward to Zodiac Starforce. It looks like Jem and Sailor Moon had technicolor babies with Toucan Sam.

I like the band setting for Jem. Worried what will happen when Sophie Campbell leaves. Her art is a large part of why I love it. Next issue is her last for now :(

Starting Chew now. Let's do this shit Tony.

I just finished the latest Volume.

I enjoyed the early stuff a lot more than the more recent stuff but let's be absolutely clear, Chew is still amazing and never lets me down.

Heck, I buy all of the volumes digital when they release and I also bought the Smorgasbord Editions too.

Chew is good...

I enjoyed the early stuff a lot more than the more recent stuff but let's be absolutely clear, Chew is still amazing and never lets me down.

Heck, I buy all of the volumes digital when they release and I also bought the Smorgasbord Editions too.

Chew is good...
Poyo for life!!

Jintor

Buying digital not an option?

gonna depend on my budget... mainly cos I want to read DC stuff and I don't think you can Crunchy/Netflix sub for that, right? You have to buy individual issues/trades?

Also my tablet sucks and I need to get a new one first. Any thoughts?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Chew is good...

Good to hear. I've actually read the first volume before. We carry it at work but it's the only one so that's as far as I've gotten.

Squire

Banned
gonna depend on my budget... mainly cos I want to read DC stuff and I don't think you can Crunchy/Netflix sub for that, right? You have to buy individual issues/trades?

Also my tablet sucks and I need to get a new one first. Any thoughts?

DC doesn't have a service, no, which sucks.

How many of the X-Men characters are American?

I like the idea of most of them being from all over the world because that makes them a bit more different from other groups out there.

So, it has dawned upon me that I am now upset that Roy Harper was not part of The Outsiders War arc in Green Arrow. Why? Simply because his (never actually happened) Native American origins would have been perfect. The Axe Clan are clearly Native American, and Roy being part of the Arrow Clan whilst also having ties to the Axe Clan could have made for an interesting story.

But noooooooooo
oh god. Aniplex doesn't fuck around. There are a few series I would have easily bought if they weren't so insanely pricey.
Whaddya mean? 4 episodes of Kill la Kill on blu-ray for $40 is too pricey?
EDIT: from Ivar #6 lol

04we374.jpg
Ah, good ol' Ivar.

Best book.

Tizoc

Happy as I am that many are finally getting to experience Hellboy, I am curious as to why you hadn't read it before now :V

Hellboy is one of the best indies ever, yo. Hasn't had a bad story yet.

Indies? lol

Oh here's the Hellboy OT I made a long time ago
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=746185&highlight=hellboy

Starting Chew now. Let's do this shit Tony.

Chew is fantastic, and gets better as you keep reading.
PUYO!

Squire

Banned
I haven't finished the Outsiders War, but the comic has gotten me to give Arrow, the show, another shot. I'm digging it, for all its strengths and weaknesses. I'm 18 episodes in. Roy's history of addiction seems to be in if I read one scene the right way, so that's cool.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
True dat, among my fav. works from Morrison, Damien and Rick are a great duo.

Wonder how you'll feel about Batman Inc. though :p
I already took it from the shelf :D

Man, GM is ao good in Batman, how where I wrong back then when I read his run the first time.

Top Bottom