• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Deadpool & Cable are back together

EaPSmms.jpg

Meh....Hopefully Cable is more than some useless preachy know-it-all douche bag this time because he was the worst thing about the original series. Cable is usually the worst thing about any series he's in though.

Tizoc

Messi
Messi pls
Why you no read this yet?

I plan on getting it and later tpbs of MTMTE after I get a new job within the next few months @_@ Been holding off on getting a few TPBs lately, but getting Multiversity cuz Morrison

I hate how every relationship advice on neogaf is "leave her"

Or "she is cheating on you"

So I mentioned a few pages back that I started reading comics again after a long hiatus. It was suggested that I read Deadly Class and in getting into that I also started reading Trees.

Now that I am "Image Heavy" on my reading list anyone have any other suggestions from other companies? I really do not want to get into the Epicness of Marvels current run but I am open to everything else.

Messi

Messi
Messi pls

I plan on getting it and later tpbs of MTMTE after I get a new job within the next few months @_@ Been holding off on getting a few TPBs lately, but getting Multiversity cuz Morrison

Have no connection to transformers what so ever. Never watched the cartoons or the movies growing up.

Tizoc

^Get it for the art! You don't have to be a fan of a long running series to read a specific book or adaptation of it.
What you think all of us comic peeps up and read every Marvel and DC comic published in the past 70 years? We just read what we like/is good~

So I mentioned a few pages back that I started reading comics again after a long hiatus. It was suggested that I read Deadly Class and in getting into that I also started reading Trees.

Now that I am "Image Heavy" on my reading list anyone have any other suggestions from other companies? I really do not want to get into the Epicness of Marvels current run but I am open to everything else.

Image comics?
Off the top of my head
Invincible
Chew
Orc Stain
The Walking Dead

keiichi

We can never go home and Space Riders by Black Mask comics

Have you read any Valiant? They've got their own small universe of very creator-influenced heroes. Across the board, they are the most consistently good label for cape books.

I've wanted to pick up a few Black Mask books, but no digital means I have to trade wait. I've picked up Godkiller in trade, though. I've heard nothing but fantastic things about WCNGH and SR.

The Spire, from Boom. Future sci-fi murder mystery, 2 issues out so far

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'd love for there to be more women on the forum. Just so that they can make relationship theeads so I can post Liz lemon gifs that say 'that's a deal-breaker, ladies! Tell him it's over!'
I cant stand this penis parade here not anymore. I can not even look in this kind of threads, I just become angry everytime

I cant stand this penis parade here not anymore. I can not even look in this kind of threads, I just become angry everytime

Understandable, although honestly it's generally hard to give good advice regardless when you only have what someone is saying in public (in text) on a public message board.

...also the idea of penises on parade makes me giggle. >.>

Weiss

Banned
Messi
Messi pls

How is IDW's Transformer stuff? Apparently it's supposed to be pretty good, and some of the art I saw looks really great and expressive.

Also has Gail Simone's new Secret Six series even be coming out at all? Didn't it debut last year?

Have you read any Valiant? They've got their own small universe of very creator-influenced heroes. Across the board, they are the most consistently good label for cape books.

I've wanted to pick up a few Black Mask books, but no digital means I have to trade wait. I've picked up Godkiller in trade, though. I've heard nothing but fantastic things about WCNGH and SR.

The Spire, from Boom. Future sci-fi murder mystery, 2 issues out so far

Thank you for the suggestions I really appreciate them.

How is IDW's Transformer stuff? Apparently it's supposed to be pretty good, and some of the art I saw looks really great and expressive.

Also has Gail Simone's new Secret Six series even be coming out at all? Didn't it debut last year?

Everything IDW does is freaking brilliant. The Ninja Turtles stuff is especially fantastic so I can imagine that the Transformer stuff is equally amazing.

Messi

Her secret six got back on track recently and has a big tone change now it's really fun. It's become really charming and weird. I love Strix with all my heart.

Top Bottom