• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Tizoc

How is IDW's Transformer stuff? Apparently it's supposed to be pretty good, and some of the art I saw looks really great and expressive.

Also has Gail Simone's new Secret Six series even be coming out at all? Didn't it debut last year?

If you want to read the current series just follow this reading order =3
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171788347&postcount=463
You may read the Robots in Disguise series after Vol. 1 of MTMTE, although MTMTE is the better comic overall.
Just note that if you like reading, you'll like MTMTE even more, goes double to if you enjoy pathos, character-focused plots and the journey over the destination.

Have some excripts
SPTHr9v.jpg

3t2xtTl.jpg

Kqvxdxv.jpg

Have you read any Valiant? They've got their own small universe of very creator-influenced heroes. Across the board, they are the most consistently good label for cape books.

I've wanted to pick up a few Black Mask books, but no digital means I have to trade wait. I've picked up Godkiller in trade, though. I've heard nothing but fantastic things about WCNGH and SR.

What's your favorite Valiant book? I read the first volumes of X-O Manowar and Bloodshot and thought they were good. I'm thinking of getting more after I finish my current backlog of trades

What's your favorite Valiant book? I read the first volumes of X-O Manowar and Bloodshot and thought they were good. I'm thinking of getting more after I finish my current backlog of trades

My top 3 are Harbinger, Ivar, and Archer & Armstrong. My favorite thing they've done was The Valiant, though, but that was a mini.

X-O and Bloodshot are good. They definitely have their strong moments, but they're not usually the comics I recommend people start with. X-O doesn't get crazy until War with Unity, and Bloodshot doesn't get crazy until Reborn.

My top 3 are Harbinger, Ivar, and Archer & Armstrong. My favorite thing they've done was The Valiant, though, but that was a mini.

X-O and Bloodshot are good. They definitely have their strong moments, but they're not usually the comics I recommend people start with. X-O doesn't get crazy until War with Unity, and Bloodshot doesn't get crazy until Reborn.

Would you recommend starting with something like Harbinger?

Would you recommend starting with something like Harbinger?

Yeah, any of those I mentioned are good starting points. Harbinger is fantastic. I think it showcases what makes Valiant such a great label. They gave the property to Dysart, who is a criminally underrated writer, and let him go wild with it. What resulted was something that started off feeling like an X-Men ripoff, and ended up being a masterful tale of identity and ideology. Toyo Harada is far and away one of the best comic book characters ever just on his portrayal on this run. It's really something else.

Yeah, any of those I mentioned are good starting points. Harbinger is fantastic. I think it showcases what makes Valiant such a great label. They gave the property to Dysart, who is a criminally underrated writer, and let him go wild with it. What resulted was something that started off feeling like an X-Men ripoff, and ended up being a masterful tale of identity and ideology. Toyo Harada is far and away one of the best comic book characters ever just on his portrayal on this run. It's really something else.

Thanks, bud!!

Owzers

I read a comic....

Daredevil #16 was okay but i'm ready to let this run go, i thought the
deal Murdock proposed to the Kingpin was whacky comics hijinx.
Random 6/10.

I moved certain genre's over to PC. I'll never play another telltale game on consoles ever again. I realize this isn't a telltale game, but it still probably runs a bit better than on consoles.

People still talk about the jank issues on PS4 where Telltale games are concerned, but I've played Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones on PS4, and haven't had any of that. It runs so much smoother for me than last-gen Telltale games. Can't wait for the new Michonne series.

Owzers

I'll watch it tonight because Monday is a slow TV night for me. Do they use Australian slang and call people turkeys?

Oy why you stumblin about like a turkey

Hmmm i'm going to say yes but i forget.

I'm going to watch WWE Raw until i get bored and then i will spin a wheel for one random tv show. Humans? Scream? Mr. Robot? Something....

In for the new Cable and Deadpool book. I like Cable a lot and haven't read much with him so I'm pretty excited. I enjoyed the original series.

Mindwipe

Have no connection to transformers what so ever. Never watched the cartoons or the movies growing up.

How is IDW's Transformer stuff? Apparently it's supposed to be pretty good, and some of the art I saw looks really great and expressive.

Comics Alliance Chris Sims has been writing a series about IDW's Transformers books, as someone who has never given a shit about the franchise but heard good things about the current run, so he's reading through the last Humble Bundle.

http://comicsalliance.com/tags/the-transformed-man/

Spoiler: By the most recent column he just said:

This collection represents the last volume of More Than Meets The Eye that was included in that Humble Bundle sale that started me on this whole experiment. We’ve still got a few weeks to go before things wrap up — there’s another volume of Robots in Disguise, the single issues that I need to get through to be caught up to the present, and that miniseries that’ll tell me whether or not I made a good choice by making Windblade the first Transformer toy that I ever bought — but at this point, I think I’m familiar enough with it to say that yeah, More Than Meets The Eye is probably the single best ongoing series coming out right now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
When finishing Batman & Robin, I had the feeling that Gran Morrision really tried to set up a Crimebusting Joker... I am kinda sad that nothing came of this, I really found it interesting.

Savitar

Comics Alliance Chris Sims has been writing a series about IDW's Transformers books, as someone who has never given a shit about the franchise but heard good things about the current run, so he's reading through the last Humble Bundle.

http://comicsalliance.com/tags/the-transformed-man/

Spoiler: By the most recent column he just said:

It's indeed good stuff. I seldom agree with the man but I love Transformers so it's been a pleasant surprise to read this stuff from him.

How he not get who is who at times though is a bit amusing. But I think he's gotten past that with Pipes.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Last night I went through Image's August solicits and looked up every current on-going series. I ended up putting 10 #1's on my CMX wish list (plus 1 IDW and 1 Boom).

Top Bottom