• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Mudcrab

Max Landis just posted 4 pages of his F4 screenplay he wrote years ago: https://twitter.com/Uptomyknees/status/630794909176303617

F4 vs the FBI.

OgTdGKe.png

Messi

Sunstone Vol 4 is 200 pages for $20. The others were 120 for $15. Sejic is upset that he can't figure a way around raising the price. But in order to be profitable it needs to go up in price. I think 80 pages for $5 is a steal.

Sunstone Vol 4 is 200 pages for $20. The others were 120 for $15. Sejic is upset that he can't figure a way around raising the price. But in order to be profitable it needs to go up in price. I think 80 pages for $5 is a steal.

I've found Sejic's problem. He's too nice.

Sell that Sunstone Statue for $350, I don't give a fuck I'll pay it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wooo! While I was in downtown San Diego my shipment of The Invisibles omnibus and Flex Mentallo OHC came :D

I mean, I'd be OK with spending $20 on him regardless, but for 200 pages? Yeah, that's not a concern. That said, I assume he must not get any more from the book at $20 than at $15, so the higher price point could certainly be upsetting for that reason I suppose.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I should take a picture with Colossal Conan, Big Damn Sin City, The Invisibles, Doom Patrol, and X-Statix all stacked up. It'd probably be taller than me.

Owzers

at least you have the two variant statues with the white base on the same shelf, if i get the jock variant i think it has to go on another bookcase than my black base one.

My Hellboy Vol. 1 Library Edition came from IST and THIS. BOOK. IS. DOPE.

The story is good so far too.
Yeah the books are awesome. The BPRD hardcovers are also very nice as well.

I love the actual comics too. Conqueror Worm is a masterpiece.
My latest Loot has arrived! Copra Vol 2 is finally mine. And even seeing it in person I can't believe that batman statue is 3D.

Sick pickup! Prison School and Copra is a good combo IMO.

Boogiepop

Oh, I did forget to mention since it's manga and thus came in with more of that stuff, but I did grab Prison School as well. Guess I'll update with impressions when I finally get time to read it.

Afrodium

Banned
Yeah the books are awesome. The BPRD hardcovers are also very nice as well.

I love the actual comics too. Conqueror Worm is a masterpiece.

Speaking of BPRD, is there a point where I should start reading it with Hellboy or are they completely independent? Would BPRD spoil Hellboy if I started reading it too early/would Hellboy spoil BPRD if I started too late or does it not matter at all?

Speaking of BPRD, is there a point where I should start reading it with Hellboy or are they completely independent? Would BPRD spoil Hellboy if I started reading it too early/would Hellboy spoil BPRD if I started too late or does it not matter at all?

BPRD starts after Hellboy: Conqueror Worm. BPRD does spoil one thing from the ending but nothing really beyond that.

AsfaeksBR

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one reading "We Stand on Guard" in here. Story is good (though it's still on issue 2) but the real winner here is the art style.

From the creator of SAGA, which I've seen that's highly praised. Now I want to read SAGA too...

Messi

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one reading "We Stand on Guard" in here. Story is good (though it's still on issue 2) but the real winner here is the art style.

From the creator of SAGA, which I've seen that's highly praised. Now I want to read SAGA too...

Read Saga. It's fantastic

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

It is a very a pretty book. I just wish it were an on-going instead of a mini-series.

And I'm 6 issues into Saga at the moment and it's been great so far.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I still have to finish both of those someday. Y is at the top of my list after the dust of ANAD settles.

You do. Totally solid to the end.

I'm also pretty sure I can recommend Ex Machina (I haven't gone back to it since I read it the first time but I think it ended well) and definitely can recommend Runaways.

Yooo so my friends at work have rocket league but on PC and not PS4. So I ended up buying the game there. Just played an hour of 2v2 ranked games. So so fun. I was mostly being carried but I got a couple sweet goals in some matches. I generally only play single player games but that is a game I could play a ton

Messi

Re reading Gotham Academy. Gotham Academy is too good for this world. It's charming, delightful, beautiful with some of the most fantastic art by Karl Kerschl. It is so good that I am sure we are days from its cancellation 💔

💖 💖 Olive and Maps bffs for evs 💖 💖

Owzers

I'm not really liking Humans, two episodes in. It feels bad-movie-ish. I might switch over to Mr Robot or the third episode of Scream, a tv show that has no problems whatsoever.

AsfaeksBR

Read Saga. It's fantastic

Listen to Messi. Saga is so good.

Will do, will do.

You also can't really go wrong with Y The Last Man, and Ex Machina. Both by the same writer.

He does good stuff.

Great to know, will check it out on ComiXology. Too many comics, too little money (with the dollar 3.5x more expensive than Real :( )

goddamn Fear Agent!!!

Also reading it, fantastic.

Re reading Gotham Academy. Gotham Academy is too good for this world. It's charming, delightful, beautiful with some of the most fantastic art by Karl Kerschl. It is so good that I am sure we are days from its cancellation 💔

💖 💖 Olive and Maps bffs for evs 💖 💖

October final issue confirmed?

I'm not really liking Humans, two episodes in. It feels bad-movie-ish. I might switch over to Mr Robot or the third episode of Scream, a tv show that has no problems whatsoever.

Yeah, I made it to episode 5. I think I'm done. I just don't care anymore.

Umaru-chan on the other hand, is a great show.

tumblr_nr70l0ITXU1t33d6lo1_500.gif

Top Bottom