• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just read a few more issues of Simonson's Orion. That's some really good stuff. He's a master of those cliffhangers. Kept telling myself "Okay, one more issue..." and kept getting sucked back in.

Has anyone else here read it? I'm assuming Tim has.

Also, reading this makes me realize that Darkseid has one of those character designs that just looks incredibly badass and awesome in every single panel. Every panel with him in it I'm like "Hell yes. What an awesome panel." Just so menacing and powerful looking.
The only other character design I can think of that's like that is Hellboy.

Hagi

So I'm reading Generation X and Paige is trying to hack something then says it's too complex they need someone like Kitty Pryde to do it..

Kitty is a world class hacker? colour me shocked

Zombine

Banned
I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. If you like it, I really want to hear why, since I really didn't like it at all.

I've read about 3 issues so far, and I am pleasntly surprised. Bendis' voice for Jessica is incredibly well written, and I'm definitely curious about
who is setting Jessica up.
Gaydos' art is astonishingly lazy, but every now and then between the repeating panels and zoom in's I see great art. I'm on board for now 8/10

Also, Anal sex "just to feel something."

I've read about 3 issues so far, and I am pleasntly surprised. Bendis' voice for Jessica is incredibly well written, and I'm definitely curious about
Gaydos' art is astonishingly lazy, but every now and then between the repeating panels and zoom in's I see great art. I'm on board for now 8/10

Yeah, Gaydos doesn't halfass the lazy art. It doesn't stop Alias from being utterly amazing, but it's distracting at times since it's so blatant to the point of parody.

Mindwipe

So I'm reading Generation X and Paige is trying to hack something then says it's too complex they need someone like Kitty Pryde to do it..

That is kinda established.

Mostly by virtue of Kitty being the young one in the X-Men in the 70s, and therefore "good with computers" by default.

Kipp

I think I thought the first three issues were pretty good as well. Not anything mindblowing, but still enjoyable stuff. Let me know what you think about the next few arcs after you read them. I'm curious to see if you'll enjoy them.

Zombine

Banned
Well, you've hit the peak. Alias is all downhill from there.

Out the window it goes.

Yeah, Gaydos doesn't halfass the lazy art. It doesn't stop Alias from being utterly amazing, but it's distracting at times since it's so blatant to the point of parody.

The only time I was actually blown away by it was
during the police interrogation of Jessica. It made me super uncomfortable and Bendis really killed that scene in the dialogue department. I really got the sense that she was being grilled.

during the police interrogation of Jessica. It made me super uncomfortable and Bendis really killed that scene in the dialogue department. I really got the sense that she was being grilled.

That was a really good scene. Probably one of the most memorable in the series.

oh Bendis

Don't diss. Their romance is really well done. Very organic.

I ain't being sarcastic. Bendis did a really good job with Jess's love life.

That entire scene was ridiculous. If she just relaxed her butthole like a normal person she would have had fun.

From what i've experienced
(and i've done plenty in that regard)
, unless they're particularly used to it, they do occasional involuntary contractions that end up causing them to need to rest after three to five minutes, even if taking it slow and preparing the area properly.

Owzers

Finished the Spidey human torch ohc, I ended up liking the last issue since it was fairly endearing, it's sad that they don't make Spider-Man books anymore.

IDW needs to get their shit together and release the next TMNT OHC. I mean, seriously, most of the volumes it should collect have been out for 2 years. Best quality OHCs, worst schedule.

Don't diss. Their romance is really well done. Very organic.

I ain't being sarcastic. Bendis did a really good job with Jess's love life.

I have no context so I honestly have no idea.

Yeah, that's pretty awesome all around. Kind of an exception, sadly.

Eh, be honest, the art is bad pretty much all the way to the very end.

image.php

The entire page layout was brilliant, and it's the one time where his lazy ass copy/paste art was great.

Copy / paste art is great in the right situations, it's just overused as fuck due to laziness. Just like how everyone started intentionally using negative space right after Adam Hughes was using it for those Zatanna covers.

That entire scene was ridiculous. If she just relaxed her butthole like a normal person she would have had fun.

COMICS! |OT| September 2015, Relax your butthole like a normal person and you'll have fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
shitting on Alias? I chose the wrong time to check the thread

Just read a few more issues of Simonson's Orion. That's some really good stuff. He's a master of those cliffhangers. Kept telling myself "Okay, one more issue..." and kept getting sucked back in.

Has anyone else here read it? I'm assuming Tim has.

Also, reading this makes me realize that Darkseid has one of those character designs that just looks incredibly badass and awesome in every single panel. Every panel with him in it I'm like "Hell yes. What an awesome panel." Just so menacing and powerful looking.
The only other character design I can think of that's like that is Hellboy.

I have it, but its on the 'ol backlog. Want to get through Kirby's 4th World first

Finished the Spidey human torch ohc, I ended up liking the last issue since it was fairly endearing, it's sad that they don't make Spider-Man books anymore.

The book i think that landed Slott the full time spidey gig (along with his she-hulk work)

well those Mack covers are ace

Kipp

Looool Bojack

"Ooooh. Herb."
*smells it*
"UUUHHHHH! Nnnope!"

I think someone told him to stop being so damn lazy somewhere near the end. I noticed a very specific point where he stopped copying and pasting. Or at least stopped doing it so much and so blatantly.

Also regarding Alias, my favorite part by far was the slice of life stuff. That was some straight up great comics. The rest I thought was just bad.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Nothing makes me want to go full digital like moving. Shit. Boxes full of comics are heavy

Join me in the future, man. Join me in a world where we aren't tied down by physical media.... think of all the space you'll have by not having to deal with motherfucking physical comics!

Owzers

Windows 10 up and running, i don't know what i expected. "Would you like your laptop to look more like your nokia phone? Yes? Upgrade!"

Wait, no!

I love Lazarus. I read it monthly but I still can't wait for the next hardcover volume.

I love it too. I'm on vol 3 trade right now. I think vol 2 kind of slowed my roll, pacing felt a little off with those new characters; I get what Rucka was going for, trying to show what life for the Waste/disenfranchised members of society was like, but it was still a bit jarring. I randomly pulled vol 3 off the shelf and started reading and I'm just like "yes this is much better".

Squire

Banned

She's a tech wiz. Rictor is too, which is even more surprising.

Top Bottom