• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Savitar

What the fuck did I walk into?

5325999+_ec902ff1cb61413a117227a4f3f37a75.gif

I apologize, but you're just plain wrong.
Doom Patrol has the sickest covers.

Doom Patrol does have some fantastic covers

I think my favorite covers off the top of my head are:
Animal Man #5
Spectacular Spider-Man #101
Daredevil #50 (Bendis)

Vyer

Nolan's Knightfall stuff overall isn't quite up to par with Aparo and Breyfogle, but he and Adrienne Roy absolutely crushed the Firefly fights. The line work and coloring are fantastic. He really did a great job with Bats body language and showing a man who is on the verge of collapse and soon to be broken. I'm super glad I picked up the digital versions of Knightfall when CMX had it on sale awhile back. So much easier reading it this way than fighting with those giant new edition tpb's.

I reread it myself after the sale.

I know it's kind of blasphemous to say, but I've never been real big on Aparo. I'd take Breyfogle and Nolan's work at the time any day.

Knightfall holds up really well.

Windows 10 is pretty cool. I wonder if the Comixology app for Windows got any updates for it.

*checks the Comixology app and noticed nothing changed*

1099.gif

Vyer

Who lives in Austin? Ed? Sweet Jesus why didn't someone tell me you guys had so much access to sweet sugary Dublin sodas? mah diabeetus

get out

no one draws a Bat-slap like that man

AC02.jpg

I'll give him the slap.

And also holding the body of your dead teenage sidekick.

But that's it.

Owzers

speaking of baking, i am tempted to make banana bread this weekend. It's easy and i want it but it does require stirring things.

Buy a mixer. Fuck all of that hand kneading nonsense. I entertained delusions of doing it all "legit" for a while, but a quick trip to youtube to see how the smelly frenchies do all their traditional stuff fixed me up right quick.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just read a couple more issues of Moon Knight. I love how short and sweet these stories are. So, so, so well done.

Ok, ok, some of the sickest covers. I mean...

I think the last one looks particularly baller, but I couldn't find a higher res one.

Those are pretty neat.

Also speaking of covers, Sleeper had suuuuper lame covers. Sean Phillips does INCREDIBLE interiors, but man are his covers disappointing.

Tizoc

Just read a couple more issues of Moon Knight. I love how short and sweet these stories are. So, so, so well done.

Those are pretty neat.

Also speaking of covers, Sleeper had suuuuper lame covers. Sean Phillips does INCREDIBLE interiors, but man are his covers disappointing.

Which Moon Knight?
OG 80s-90s series, Vengeance of the Moon Knight, 2000s series or Ellis' recent run?

Yerp, electric programable pressure cookers are pretty baller. Combo that with a cheap but reliable slow cooker and you're set for a huge variety of dishes.

tim1138

I reread it myself after the sale.

I know it's kind of blasphemous to say, but I've never been real big on Aparo. I'd take Breyfogle and Nolan's work at the time any day.

Knightfall holds up really well.

get out

no one draws a Bat-slap like that man

AC02.jpg

Aparo just does great action sequences in general. I've always loved the bottom panel on this page where it looks like Batman is exploding that mooks head

Those are pretty neat.

Hmm I haven't seen the Sleeper ones, but The Fade Out ones are really really good.

Yerp, electric programable pressure cookers are pretty baller. Combo that with a cheap but reliable slow cooker and you're set for a huge variety of dishes.

Great thing about this it actually does a have a slow cooker option(and rice cooker, saute/browning/yogurt maker/etc), a nice size 6 quart pot. You can do all sorts of shit in this thing, depending on what you're in the mood for and how much time ya got.

Kipp

Cooking GAF?
I've just got like 5 different recipes that I make which involve half a dozen eggs. That's breakfast every morning. And then I have a giant salad for another meal. And then I usually have a giant bowl of no-sugar-added greek yogurt with a bunch of stuff thrown in it for another meal. And then tons of mixed nuts throughout the day. Boom. No need to get too fancy with food.

Which Moon Knight?
OG 80s-90s series, Vengeance of the Moon Knight, 2000s series or Ellis' recent run?

Ellis/Shalvey

Hmm I haven't seen the Sleeper ones, but The Fade Out ones are really really good.

I'm really looking forward to reading The Fade Out.
And Fatale as well when the second OHC comes out.

And as I was looking for some examples, I realized that a large part of the reason I thought the Sleeper covers were bad was because they have tons of empty space for all the text that goes on covers, but the omnibus only has the artwork, so the artwork ends up looking like it's missing something. Even still though, the covers aren't great.

Messi

I like the art for the main character in wicked and the divine but the rest of it does nothing for me. I finished the first arc as kinda felt eh about the whole thing. I guess I get the feeling a lot of you guys have.

I like the art for the main character in wicked and the divine but the rest of it does nothing for me. I finished the first arc as kinda felt eh about the whole thing. I guess I get the feeling a lot of you guys have.

By "main character" you would be talking about...?

ElNarez

Banned
this hercules thread has now moved on to actually hurtful to me and that's a giant fucking bummer

it's cool how to some people I'm not even good enough for scraps

Hagi

this hercules thread has now moved on to actually hurtful to me and that's a giant fucking bummer

it's cool how to some people I'm not even good enough for scraps

Man you had someone coming out with the social justice warrior bullshit all the while telling others that they were making a big deal out of nothing. I can't deal with stuff like that it hurts my head.

Let's all make a pact right now:

Don't go into an OT comic thread.

Bu-but Slay doesn't come into this thread though..

Kipp

Man, I am not going in there at all. Comics threads in OT will never be a good idea.

Lol. I just took a look. Pretty hilarious.

Stuff like this always makes me laugh at how concerned people are over continuity. It's like... c'mon. These are fictional characters here. They're not real people. Just let writers tell whatever stories they want and let good stories be good and bad stories be bad. Forget about continuity. So one writer implied that Hercules was bi once. Okay cool. So the next writer decides to shrug off that implication. This isn't the end of the world, folks.

Let's all make a pact right now:

Don't go into an OT comic thread.

I only take a look occasionally if y'all are talking about it just to see what the fuss is all about. Luckily it's nearly impossible to offend or anger me, so it's not usually much of an issue for me. Haha

Who lives in Austin? Ed? Sweet Jesus why didn't someone tell me you guys had so much access to sweet sugary Dublin sodas? mah diabeetus
Yeah, as far as Im aware Im the only Comics Gaf guy in Austin.

I've had some really great soda from around here. Theres a ginger brew that I really like. Nice, spicy soda

I've cut out soda for the year but I do miss having a good one from time to time

Top Bottom