• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Never trust anyone who likes Umaru-chan.

I generally don't like high school anime, but Umaru chan is amazing.

39.gif

Messi

WAT? WHY?

What does Gail Simone have to do with Disney, Tron, or Olivia Wilde?

She is crazy for games with physical collectibles. She collects all the Infinity characters and is waaaaay onto buying all the Lego dimensions stuff.

She posted this on Twitter. Her current unreleased collection.

She even got a private demo of Infinity at the studio recently.

Pretty cool imo. She also plays Dragon Age.

She is crazy for games with physical collectibles. She collects all the Infinity characters and is waaaaay onto buying all the Lego dimensions stuff.

How does Gail get any work done?

In for the new Cable and Deadpool book. I like Cable a lot and haven't read much with him so I'm pretty excited. I enjoyed the original series.
You like Cable? Did you also like the most recent X-Force series?

Seconded. I have both trades. Why is it that DC cancels all the good books, but shit like Superman and Justice League seems to get more titles every month?.

I did not realize Zatanna had a series to herself. I must look into this...

Nudull

Banned

Holy hell. o.o

Disney Infinity is truly based.

Owzers

O____O The green arrow actor is wrestling in a tag match at summer slam? That will be the match i make food during. Nevile/Green Arrow guy vs i forget (stardust? and bad news guy)

O____O The green arrow actor is wrestling in a tag match at summer slam? That will be the match i make food during. Nevile/Green Arrow guy vs i forget (stardust? and bad news guy)

That's hilarious. It feels like the Divas division is the only reason I even watch it anymore. It's gotten really good since they brought in all those ladies from NXT.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh yeah, also forgot to mention that on the train I reread volume 1 of Scott Pilgrim and reread the first 4 issues of Daytripper.
Both are sooooooooooo gooooooooooooood.

Oh yeah, also forgot to mention that on the train I reread volume 1 of Scott Pilgrim and reread the first 4 issues of Daytripper.
Both are sooooooooooo gooooooooooooood.

Daytripper was a great read. Bittersweet, though.

I really have an itch to get the Scott Pilgrim colored editions, especially with that Ramona figure on the horizon. But they're sooooo expennnnsiiiiiivvvvveeeeee.

PsychBat!

Banned
Did you catch a murderer or just a regular creeper?

Well, they blocked off two sides of a small street to keep this guy from getting out, and the cops were knocking on every house in that street. So, it might have been some guy who was disturbing the neighbors in some way or it was a domestic dispute so big that a whole squadron of cops (plus our county sheriff and a detective) had to get involved. I really don't have any idea.

Messi

I really have an itch to get the Scott Pilgrim colored editions, especially with that Ramona figure on the horizon. But they're sooooo expennnnsiiiiiivvvvveeeeee.

I didn't think they were expensive given they are hardcover and the paper is nice. Even if he art on on them is overrated . :p

Kipp

Yeah, Daytripper is definitely not a happy read by any means, by very affecting.

And yep. Even though Scott Pilgrim is one of my top 3 or so favorite runs of all time, I still can't bring myself to pay the massive amounts of money they want for the color hardcovers. So expensive. Especially due to the fact that the art in that book is more of a vehicle than something great on its own. It's the type of book where you just kind of skim the art and fly through the story and enjoy the dialogue.

Issue 1-44 of the 2006 run (starting with Allen Heinberg, ending with Gail Simone)
Ehhh... The Heinberg opener was okay, but it's yet another "who is Wonder Woman?" retooling (that's literally the title, btw). It's got Dodson artwork though, so it looks good, and it effectively establishes the status quo DC went with after dumping Rucka. Then came Picoult and the "Amazons Attack" event, and those are definitely not okay; in fact it's one of the worst DC events ever. Then after some wholly forgettable filler issues Gail comes on for the remainder, and tells a couple of good stories and a couple of unremarkable stories. I'd say give Heinberg's story (first 4 issues and an annual) and Gail's first story ("The Circle") a try, then keep reading Gail's stuff until you don't like it anymore.

I didn't think they were expensive given they are hardcover and the paper is nice. Even if he art on on them is overrated . :p

I dunno, once something on IST gets near $20, I get all like whoa there, son.

Oni prices have always been bad, though. Worse than IDW.

Yeah, Daytripper is definitely not a happy read by any means, by very affecting.

And yep. Even though Scott Pilgrim is one of my top 3 or so favorite runs of all time, I still can't bring myself to pay the massive amounts of money they want for the color hardcovers. So expensive. Especially due to the fact that the art in that book is more of a vehicle than something great on its own. It's the type of book where you just kind of skim the art and fly through the story and enjoy the dialogue.

I'll get the color HCs someday...

Someday...

It's hard to justify when I've read it already. :/

Shaanyboi

Banned
Ehhh... The Heinberg opener was okay, but it's yet another "who is Wonder Woman?" retooling (that's literally the title, btw). It's got Dodson artwork though, so it looks good, and it effectively establishes the status quo DC went with after dumping Rucka. Then came Picoult and the "Amazons Attack" event, and those are definitely not okay; in fact it's one of the worst DC events ever. Then after some wholly forgettable filler issues Gail comes on for the remainder, and tells a couple of good stories and a couple of unremarkable stories. I'd say give Heinberg's story (first 4 issues and an annual) and Gail's first story ("The Circle") a try, then keep reading Gail's stuff until you don't like it anymore.

thanks for the heads up

Messi

I dunno, once something on IST gets near $20, I get all like whoa there, son.

Oni prices have always been bad, though. Worse than IDW.

You should try making an IST order and then add on $50-70 shipping. And it's still cheaper than shops here. You are spoilt over there.

I second this assessment. I really thought Heinberg was onto something but it ended so fast and then darkness came.

Kipp

Gah. I really want to read comics right now, but I can't ever read comics at night. I'm too antsy at night since the day is coming to an end and I still want to do all the things I want to do so I can't dedicate a large chunk of time to focusing on reading. :|

Someday...

Yeah, I'm kind of holding onto some small hope that they'll actually go on sale one day.

But yeah, that's why it's hard for me to justify too. And doubly so because my library has all the volumes, so I can just pick them up any time. Which is what I just did. Haha

Someday...

I've got all the hardcover colour editions.

In my defense they are really nice.

The cost wasn't really an issue when each volume took like a bajillion months to release though. So it was all spread out.

At least, that's how I justify it to myself.

Kipp

Oh also, totally OffTopicComicsGAF: I finally made plans to hang out with this girl who was my best friend for like 3 years and then one day we just kind of stopped hanging out and talking - and that was something like 3 years ago - and I've missed her a ton ever since. I'm super excited to hang out with her again.

Oh also, totally OffTopicComicsGAF: I finally made plans to hang out with this girl who was my best friend for like 3 years and then one day we just kind of stopped hanging out and talking - and that was something like 3 years ago - and I've missed her a ton ever since. I'm super excited to hang out with her again.
Make sure to tell her about us

Yeah, I'm kind of holding onto some small hope that they'll actually go on sale one day.

But yeah, that's why it's hard for me to justify too. And doubly so because my library has all the volumes, so I can just pick them up any time. Which is what I just did. Haha

Maybe an eBay auction... I don't know

I got them during the half off CMX sale. Digital fo life!

Digital? It's not the same... not for Scott Pilgrim

Top Bottom