• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Disagree. My use of the word haters just implies people that disliked the book. I never said people trashed it for no reason. In the age on the internet now, posting on my phone. Typing haters is short for people who vocally disliked the book.
OK sure, but I think you can see how some people don't take it that way and will misunderstand you.

Zombine did you read Afterlife with Archie? While I was reading it I was like woah I think zombine would like this. Its much better than The expository dead or walking dead or whatever that book is called. I was reading Afterlife with Archie and was like Damm this is so much better. Each panel has at least two colors other than black. Pretty impressive
#hatin

I'm getting a few things, but Walking Dead is what I want the most.

Yippie.gif

OK sure, but I think you can see how some people don't take it that way and will misunderstand you.

Zombine did you read Afterlife with Archie? While I was reading it I was like woah I think zombine would like this. Its much better than The expository dead or walking dead or whatever that book is called. I was reading Afterlife with Archie and was like Damm this is so much better. Each panel has at least two colors other than black. Pretty impressive
#hatin

Obviously I do now but I wouldn't change what I wrote out. People are too quick to assume the worst of someone than talking it out. People are too quick to pick a fight. It's the guilty til proven innocent society.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Births-Day, Tyrant and Poodle!

For me this week:
Batman 43
Howard the Duck 5
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 8
Secret Wars 5
Planet Hulk 4
Star Lord and Kitty Pride 2

ElNarez

Banned
hey drop everything the worst column on the comics internet in 2015 just dropped

it's a fucking doozy, including this choice fucking bit:

So Strange Fruit, a series about racism in the South, was written and drawn by Mark Waid and J.G. Jones, two white guys. So what? I think they should be applauded for writing about it. I think the premise, about a super-powered alien who looks like a black man in 1927 Mississippi, is great, and I’m putting it on my list to buy. And by the way, Quantum Leap did an episode in the very first season in which Sam jumped into the body of an elderly black man in the pre-Civil Rights South (“The Color of Truth”). Nobody objected that it was produced by a white man and starred two more white men.

holy shit it is so bad

Zombine

Banned

#hatin

I freaking love that book and I love Jughead and Hot Dog :(

Pics_nao

Its the best modern take in Spidey. There are like... 20? Volumes, but they should all be on Marvel Unlimited.

20 volumes? Goddamn. Looking on amazon right now and I see they have 5 ultimate volume collections. That should be from beginning to the end of PP right?

I feel so pathetic in the tiny number of books that I'm likely picking up:

Gotham Academy #9
ODY-C #6
Shutter #14
Velvet #11

Admittedly, I'm pretty much waiting for the Marvel relaunch to worry about following anything there other than the main SW book right now.

Gotham Academy #9
ODY-C #6
Shutter #14
Velvet #11

Admittedly, I'm pretty much waiting for the Marvel relaunch to worry about following anything there other than the main SW book right now.

To me, it feels better to be selective.

Hagi

I think Finch's WW has been crap, terrible follow up to a rather good run. Haters gonna hate.

When the next issue of southern cross out?that book is so good, I need it.

ibrahima

Banned
Weirdworld, yeah. You need to be fairly invested in the books that are receiving "Last Days of" issues so maybe not the best suggestion.

You really can't go wrong with a majority of the books, even ones that are unlisted.

I'd say last days of Surfer is a good starting point. I've only got into it since issue 10, then went back and picked up 1-5 as they were on sale on the app. In comparison last days of Loki depends on having read the rest of the sites a fair bit more.

I only picked up Weirdworld as it was in a goody bag the other day, but yeah I'd definitely say it's worth picking up, glad to see it's been grabbing other people's attention too.

Siege gets a very strong vote from me, really interesting concept and definitely the most thought provoking of the Zombie / Ultron / Annihilation Wave titles.

Gotham Academy #9
ODY-C #6
Shutter #14
Velvet #11

Good list, though. But ODY-C didn't quite grab me outside of the art.

ReAxion

== DC ==
GOTHAM ACADEMY #9

== Image ==
DESCENDER #6
INJECTION #4
VELVET #11

== Marvel ==
A-FORCE #3
HOWARD THE DUCK #5
INHUMANS ATTILAN RISING #4
PLANET HULK #4
SECRET WARS #5
SECRET WARS 2099 #4
SECRET WARS BATTLEWORLD #4
STAR WARS LANDO #2
UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #8

the secret wars rage on

Zombine

Banned
So Amazon sent me the "returned" copy of my
Book that was lost in transit, and the free copy they rushed me. What the hell do I do?

Sadist

Millar, ironically, also did THE most apt job writing Logan in, like, the last 15 years.

I mean in that series where dude got brainwashed by Hydra. That Logan was legit a force of nature.
Enemy of the State.

I know Millar isn't that loved by comic GAF, but I enjoy Millar's writing of Logan. Plus Enemy of the State is crazy fun.

Ooooh Walking Dead? Walking Dead.

Enemy of the State.

I know Millar isn't that loved by comic GAF, but I enjoy Millar's writing of Logan. Plus Enemy of the State is crazy fun.

Eh we like to pick on him but personally, he's written some of my favorite comics.

Ultimates, American Jesus and Red Son are all fantastic

Zombine

Banned
Enemy of the State.

Its ok. I'm wicked loud about my appreciation for Millar. Don't care what people think.

Christian

I asked this in the Secret Wars thread, but maybe it's more appropriate to do it in here. No one answered me over there.

New to the comics threads, would like to get back into it. I know a lot of you guys have gone digital. Is there a great resource online that allows me to pick up physical copies of recent comics? I'd like to try to get into the swing of Secret Wars.

I just bought all of Hickman's Fantastic Four run, after multiple recommendations on here. Cost me like $180, so it better be worth it!

New to the comics threads, would like to get back into it. I know a lot of you guys have gone digital. Is there a great resource online that allows me to pick up physical copies of recent comics? I'd like to try to get into the swing of Secret Wars.

You mean buying physical comics online? I usually use TFAW or Midtown for that.

Yousefb

I asked this in the Secret Wars thread, but maybe it's more appropriate to do it in here. No one answered me over there.

I just bought all of Hickman's Fantastic Four run, after multiple recommendations on here. Cost me like $180, so it better be worth it!
Physical copies online try Midtown or even Newbury comics.

But personally I like subscribing digitally on comixology and then collect trades via Amazon or as per GAF's advice instocktrades.com

Get Weird World, last days of Silver Surfer and Siege.
Oh yeah I forgot Siege.

My girl Abigail Brand getting shit done. Putting time travelers in their place and shit.
Oh I have plenty of context :/
Then you should know she won't actually be evil, and it's just a temporary situation.
I'm legitimately sorry. Silk looks like a really cool character. I wish I could enjoy her for a reasonable price and then be as outraged as you.

Hmmmmmmmm

Top Bottom