• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

I've always wondered what the deal was with her sword. It's kinda short and stubby.

Design had to be reminiscent of the phoenix blade.
2858554-phoenix_blade_1.jpg

Magik 's costume bugs the shit outta me.

The headpiece. Always the headpiece. Same with Wanda. On the other hand, Kitty's costumes suck because they're boring as shit

more like getting a
coalition of alien empires killed trying to destroy earth.

llike, seriously,
they all wuz soloed by tony stark.

Well yeah but what I mean to say is him attacking Earth would be a good reason Kid Gladiator couldn't hang out with any Earth heroes.

Oh man KG would be great in GotG.

Well yeah but what I mean to say is him attacking Earth would be a good reason Kid Gladiator couldn't hang out with any Earth heroes.

Oh man KG would be great in GotG.

Why wouldn't he?
"hey, you know that time i cowardly tried to kill everyone in your planet in a futile attempt to save my people? And you cowardly killed all of us instead? we good? Good.

Just finished Just So Happens by Fumio Obata and I really liked it.

It's about a Japanese woman who moved to London to pursue her career and has to return to Japan for her father's funeral. It focuses on the differences in Japanese culture versus Western culture (especially for women) and it felt really personal and intimate. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a more down to earth story that's a pretty quick read.

The art was really great:

Owzers

I think i did a really good job with my wonder woman face fix, i might even move on to the eyelashes that didn't get painted well on one side. I'm a pro. PRO.

It's probably bad, pictures incoming eventually.

Owzers

Let's all agree now that we are not going to spoil everything in Secret Wars #5 ( we can also apply this to future issues) like the last issue was.

So I was thinking to myself:

Bendis tends to write street-level/single-character focused books really well. I mean, his runs on Ultimate Spider-Man (plus regular Spider-Man? I don't know all of his books) and Daredevil, as well as Alias, are all praised pretty much universally.

Hear me out

Gambit is a street-level character (kind of). What if Bendis wrote a Gambit solo book? Think he could actually do something with Gambit and make him a good character? Bendis and Maleev on Gambit?

Maybe? Just spitballing.

Sandfox

So I was thinking to myself:

Bendis tends to write street-level/single-character focused books really well. I mean, his runs on Ultimate Spider-Man (plus regular Spider-Man? I don't know all of his books) and Daredevil, as well as Alias, are all praised pretty much universally.

Hear me out

Gambit is a street-level character (kind of). What if Bendis wrote a Gambit solo book? Think he could actually do something with Gambit and make him a good character? Bendis and Maleev on Gambit?

Maybe? Just spitballing.

Bendis has a big enough job ahead of him trying to do that very same thing for Iron Man.

Bendis has a big enough job ahead of him trying to do that very same thing for Iron Man.

Good point.

It's just that I really think that for all his popularity, Gambit should be an interesting character, but instead he's fairly stale. He's been the same since his incarnation. He has plenty of his own lore and mythos, so it's not like there isn't a pool to draw from as far as story material. My thought was just that if anyone could do it, it'd be Bendis.

Not saying it should be done or anything. I just figured if anyone can do it that it'd be Bendis.

Just a quality check here before i go on and order Hawkeye Vol. 4:

Is Fraction's Hawkeye still up to snuff or did it drop in quality? (Also: Is Aja back or is it still "guest" artists?)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just a quality check here before i go on and order Hawkeye Vol. 4:

Is Fraction's Hawkeye still up to snuff or did it drop in quality? (Also: Is Aja back or is it still "guest" artists?)

Still good, especially if you don't have to wait around. The release schedule was a mess, but the finale was fantastic. Definitely up to the standards you'd expect.

And I'm pretty sure Aja is back for all but two of those issues in that volume. But it's mostly Aja.

Top Bottom