• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

So guys, remember when we said that someday the whole Psylocke body-swap thing would blow up in Marvel's face?

Well....

51-k75ycrXL._SX342_.jpg

I am prepared

ElNarez

Banned
let the deft hand of greg land depict this subject with sensitivity and, most importantly, the relevant detail

oh god you found it

you found how to make me unexcited for anyone to address this

FUN FACT : you'd think it's a Claremont idea, but NOPE, actually it's Jim Lee who came up with it. I KNOW, RIGHT?

Eh, yeah :D

So oversized means its only bigger and has some additional pages?
Same number of pages, but all printed in the same format.

Regular edition: main story (32 pages w/ ads, regular format) + backup (16 page insert w/o ads, mini format) for $5.99.

Collectors edition: same content as above plus ads, all printed in an "oversized" (read: full bleed) format, for $12.99.

So guys, remember when we said that someday the whole Psylocke body-swap thing would blow up in Marvel's face?

Well....

51-k75ycrXL._SX342_.jpg
Remember when Gambit said Psylocke was a shining example of diverse characters? Haha good times

The whole thing is so crazy I can't help but laugh about it.

let the deft hand of greg land depict this subject with sensitivity and, most importantly, the relevant detail
Lol'd irl

He says he isn't going to address it right away...maybe Land will be off the book by then.

Something tells me it's all wishful thinking, though. Doesn't appear to be a comment cleared by an editor, just what Bunn would like to do, "someday."

Why such a big deal about Psylocke's "racial identity" anyway? "British woman in the body of an Asian woman" is kind of self explanatory, isn't it?

Starfire was good. Not much else to say about it.
Atlee
showed up, so that's cool for her fans, I guess? Don't really have any experience with the character. They're doing a pretty good job of keeping the threats well paced, though, each new one reliably crops up just before they're done with the last.

Green Arrow narrowly cleared the threshold of decent and is sticking around in my pull list, for now. Emiko is awesome, and frankly is vastly more interesting than Ollie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Same number of pages, but all printed in the same format.

Regular edition: main story (32 pages w/ ads, regular format) + backup (16 page insert w/o ads, mini format) for $5.99.

Collectors edition: same content as above plus ads, all printed in an "oversized" (read: full bleed) format, for $12.99.
Lol, what, ok?

Eh, regular edition it is then.
Thanks.

I thought it was just me, or my iPad. Seems like it takes 5 minutes to get 22 MB.

Even longer for me. I just closed the app and will wait until tomorrow. Every single week.

What's your guys' usual download rate?

Reviews?
Dude
The tier 1 comics, namely the ones by John Rogers
Are among the BEST comics I've ever read
Hilarious and well written
That's the entire run though, 3 volumes
Get at least the Tier 1 comics
That goes for all of you ComicGAFfers

Hell just get it for $0.01, but at least get it

Yes, reviews are a thing that exist... lol

You know what, I respect you enough that I'll take your word for it. I'll put down a few bucks on the first tier. Thanks for the recommendation.

Owzers

Anne, an alcoholic magazine columnist navigates the New York hipster bar scene with her friend Ricky, until her life is disrupted by the appearance of her sister Laura, who believes herself to be the Queen of Saturn.

So brazen.

I will respect my fellow comics-gaffer enough to buy the Humble bundle for a dollar, and i hope I am in turn respected when i complain about how terrible it is after i read it. Kidding of course, I bet i'll like it.

Tizoc

What's your guys' usual download rate?

Yes, reviews are a thing that exist... lol

You know what, I respect you enough that I'll take your word for it. I'll put down a few bucks on the first tier. Thanks for the recommendation.

Hope you enjoy it mate, I'm not a DnD fan but that series is among my fav. of all time. Many great characters and wonderful humor
ajax113.jpg

JrPHAHU.jpg

Messi

That's awful. Yo Amazon, wake up.

I'm not at home to run a test, but like, tens of megabits/sec. It should just take seconds. Everything else does.

Same. Any other day it takes 10-15 seconds to download an issue. I am looking at a 15 min wait minimum per book on a Wednesday.

ReAxion

Same. Any other day it takes 10-15 seconds to download an issue. I am looking at a 15 min wait minimum per book on a Wednesday.

It wouldn't be as bad if they allowed background downloading, at least for me. It's weird cuz I figured demand wouldn't be as high for me, I'm not loading my books til like 9pm my time.

I can say this much at least-

Hell just get it for $0.01, but at least get it =3

Oh shit, John Rogers?

IN.

Dungeons & Dragons Humble Bundle. Reviews tell me at least some of these are good.

I can say this much at least-

Hell just get it for $0.01, but at least get it =3

Tizoc knows. I guess I'm buying these again. Already have the singles on CMX and the hardcovers.

I'm in for all the tiers, just because I'm such a D&D mark. Hopefully they add the Abraxis Wren stories and Eberron: Eye of the Wolf in the second week.

I wish they did HBs for comics weekly like games. I need to bulk up my digital library and I clear comics much faster than I do games...

I buy all of them, and I'm not even close to catching up on all the stuff I've gotten.

There's also StoryBundle and Groupees sometimes for stuff. There's a lot of repeats though, and a LOT of Dynamite.

Tizoc

I would like this when they would start offer CMX codes.

I actually prefer the DRM-free way, personally. The CMX app crashes and hangs on me at least once every two weeks, and I have never used Guided View other than to show people I know that it is a thing that exists. For any book that offers it, I always take the DRM-free copy through the desktop site and run it through something like Perfect Viewer.

I only put up with Steam codes on HB because it's the best of a bad lot and there's no other ways to get the games a lot of the time. I kinda feel the same about CMX.

I know about Groupee, but SB is new to me.

Anything worthwhile in this Dynamite Pulps bundle?

I really dug The Fires of Creation, but I'm a big mark for The Shadow and have read nearly all of his Dynamite series, which have varied WILDLY in quality TBH. That, Army of Darkness and Pathfinder are the Dynamite licenses I'll read anything from.

They cycle between comics and books/themed books.

I'm still waiting for the Hellboy and Peanuts HB XoX

Hmm Zoro was good from what I remember but I sadly hadn't read the other series :/

The Shadow is the one that jumps out at me, but I can pick that up on its own.

I will respect my fellow comics-gaffer enough to buy the Humble bundle for a dollar, and i hope I am in turn respected when i complain about how terrible it is after i read it. Kidding of course, I bet i'll like it.

Dude, its by Kyle Baker. That's as big a seal of quality as it's possible to have nowadays.

Top Bottom