• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Zombine

Banned
Lol which pages are you reading?

Scharpling says get it you get it.

And don't listen to that dude who said its coasting. You can't even believe the shit they're pulling in this storyline.

I think I may try to push out some impressions of comics that I read weekly/monthly, because people who pop in seem to think that a book isn't good or whatever because we aren't talking about it. I'm not about to push a ton of reviews out because I'm not about that life, but I'll try to give a quick rundown of some of my weekly reads.

Read Black Science, Low, Deadly Class, basically everything with Remender's name on it. It's all amazing.

Tbh, I think Snyder does a great job, but he isnt as great as GAF makes him.
H

I agree with you on this. I think Snyder is a good writer, but slightly overrated. Everything will go smoothly then he will do something that leaves me scratching my head like having Batman
punch Nightwing in the face to knock a tooth out or have Batman hold on to an airplane engine in flight while having a full conversation with the villain.

I like his run on Batman, but I don't love it like a lot of people do.

I agree with you on this. I think Snyder is a good writer, but slightly overrated. Everything will go smoothly then he will do something that leaves me scratching my head like having Batman
punch Nightwing in the face to knock a tooth out or have Batman hold on to an airplane engine in flight while having a full conversation with the villain.

That's actually kind of what I love about Snyder's Batman, it basically turns on a dime. There were a lot of times where I'm reading and I'm thinking "ok this is a straight, grounded Batman story" then he pulls some
"is the Joker immortal?"
shit and you're not even sure what to think anymore.

Hagi

Oh man Kotor is great Zaynes a really good protagonist and his supporting cast is really fun. Him turning heel at the end of issue 6 is great.

This is making me want to install the MMO.

Sucks so much that Peter David's All New X-Factor got cancelled. I knew it going in but it doesn't even have a proper ending, it just feels like any other issue. I really loved everything about it. It's like firefly again.
Sigh.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I dont like how Snyder often fails to deliver a satisfying ending for his stories. They often start prett good, but most of his arcs ending very mediocre. This and the hype here always turn me off a little bit.

I dont like how Snyder often fails to deliver a satisfying ending for his stories. They often start prett good, but most of his arcs ending very mediocre. This and the hype here always turn me off a little bit.

I think that's fair. I need to do a reread, but I think DotF was the only finale that really had as much impact as the rest of the arc. Can't say the same about the rest.

Yeah, I get caught up in hype pretty often, but the hype goggles usually wear off immediately when I'm reading something. I try my best to judge things as they are.

Tizoc

tHIS IS my primary gripe with Snyder, his ending to his stories don't deliver :/

Zombine

Banned
b-mco-winter-soldier.png

b-mco-raven.png

Really stellar shirt designs at Teefury today. $24 for the lot.

I have bought only DC and Image since Secret Wars started. I don't feel like I've missed anything, and if I have, I'm sure Marvel Unlimited will have my back by the time I care.

I wish there were bigger collections of the Snyder Batman books. I really want to get into them, but I don't like the tiny 5 issue trades. I also apparently enjoy books with Batman in the background. Gotham Central is amazing, as is Gotham Academy and Gotham by Midnight. What other stories are like this? Also, is Batman Eternal worth a read? Now that those big collections are coming out, I'm wondering if it is worth my time.

I didn't really care for Eternal myself. Got like 11 or so issues in and asked myself "Why am I reading this" and stopped. Then again I'm not exactly a fan of Snyder's current run so take that as you will.

Messi

I didn't really care for Eternal myself. Got like 11 or so issues in and asked myself "Why am I reading this" and stopped. Then again I'm not exactly a fan of Snyder's current run so take that as you will.

I read all of it and at the end was wondering why I read it.

Zombine

Banned
Emptyzone01-2x3-300.jpg

Checked out Empty Zone by Jason Shawn Alexander. The art was stellar, but the story hasn't really formed into anything that I would consider a "must read" yet. Cyberpunk + Lovecraft + monkey tailed women. I don't get it, but I'll follow it for a bit for the art.

Messi

Emptyzone01-2x3-300.jpg

Checked out Empty Zone by Jason Shawn Alexander. The art was stellar, but the story hasn't really formed into anything that I would consider a "must read" yet. Cyberpunk + Lovecraft + monkey tailed women. I don't get it, but I'll follow it for a bit for the art.

Helllllllooooooo

Hey messi. There's this mango thing called futanari. It's just like monkey tailed women, but with the tail attached on a a different area. You should look it up.

Emptyzone01-2x3-300.jpg

Yeah I read the first issue, thought it was pretty cool. The art is awesome.

I meant to continue to get it but forgot to add it to DCBS order.

I plan on getting the tpb forsure tho.

Top Bottom