• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Are for cereal? The art may not have aged well, but it's among Morrison's best work.
Dat Darkseid
dUXAobI.png

Darkseid panty shots? I'm so in.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Still a lot of gaps in my Morrison reading.

What really sucks is the OHCs are out of print.

You should fix that. Morrison is amazing. Although, you've read Doom Patrol, so at least you've read his best stuff. Have you read Animal Man yet?

And yeah, but on the bright side, those TPBs are incredible value. I absolutely love DC/Vertigo's habit of making 400-500 page TPBs that are $11ish on IST.

Zombine

Banned
21st Century Tank Girl wrapped up this week. I guess it was only a 3 part series. Really bummed to see it go. Part 3 wasn't as great as 1 & 2, and I felt like Mahfood took up too much of the book. Brett Parson only had a page in the book and they even admitted they saved "the best for last."

Kipp

I need to post this picture again because I saw it on my desktop and it's just my favorite.

21st Century Tank Girl wrapped up this week. I guess it was only a 3 part series. Really bummed to see it go. Part 3 wasn't as great as 1 & 2, and I felt like Mahfood took up too much of the book. Brett Parson only had a page in the book and they even admitted they saved "the best for last."

I still need to read some Tank Girl. I think I'll love it.

You should fix that. Morrison is amazing. Although, you've read Doom Patrol, so at least you've read his best stuff. Have you read Animal Man yet?

And yeah, but on the bright side, those TPBs are incredible value. I absolutely love DC/Vertigo's habit of making 400-500 page TPBs that are $11ish on IST.

I haven't read Animal Man, or The Filth, or The Invisibles, or WE3, only half of New X-Men (art threw me off halfway), or Zenith.

Yeah, the TPBs are great value, but I think it probably would have deserved a place on my OHC shelf.

Fuck you bro. Wings are adorable. Hazels wings are amazing.

Why you gotta throw shade on a brother :(

Zombine

Banned
Same. I really want to, but there are so many books that it's all a but daunting. I don't know what to read after the base series.

Whatever you want really. Hewlett leaves after classic. The Mahfood stuff is great but not for everyone. I think he's freaking LEGIT. Miami Vice Remix is gorgeous.

Kipp

I haven't read Animal Man, or The Filth, or The Invisibles, or WE3, only half of New X-Men (art threw me off halfway), or Zenith.

Oh lol. I forgot about New X-Men. I've had the New X-Men trades on my shelf for over a year and still haven't read them... I'm a terrible person.
But of those, the first one you should read is Animal Man probably.

Whatever you want really. Hewlett leaves after classic. The Mahfood stuff is great but not for everyone. I think he's freaking LEGIT. Miami Vice Remix is gorgeous.

I am BEYOND hyped for Miami Vice Remix. It looks like the greatest thing ever.
But anyways, best Tank Girl stuff is Hewlett or Mahfood? In your opinion.

The Doop issue was the best.

Haha yes. Incredible.

Zombine

Banned
Oh lol. I forgot about New X-Men. I've had the New X-Men trades on my shelf for over a year and still haven't read them... I'm a terrible person.

I am BEYOND hyped for Miami Vice Remix. It looks like the greatest thing ever.
But anyways, best Tank Girl stuff is Hewlett or Mahfood? In your opinion.

Haha yes. Incredible.

Hewlett hands down. Brett Parson is the only artist I want on a monthly from this point forward.

New X-Men is amazing, but the art hits a rough spot halfway through. It was enough to make me lose interest. I'll finish it someday.

Didn't take long for the moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur thread to spin out of control lol

Comics threads in OT will never never NEVER end well.

ReAxion

Please, you know there's at least a couple of them who come in here looking for ammunition. Don't give it to them like this :(

The funny thing about it is it can be used for two groups for the same reasons. I don't think marvel can be accused of anything with it, like.... moon-boy was already a thing.

I'm trying to find enough comics to justify the sub. X-Statix is the one thing I would read immediately. Not sure what else.

what?
you don't need to find more stuff
the math is quite simple: cost of buying all of x-statixxx vs 1 dollah promo month sub

then feast your eyes and gonads.

Eh. I disagree but it's still no reason not to make comic related threads.

It's not a coincidence they all end with the same bickering and SJW nonsense, mostly among people who can't admit they don't have a clue. You can continue tocreate the threads if you want; this is just the reality of it.

what?
you don't need to find more stuff
the math is quite simple: cost of buying all of x-statixxx vs 1 dollah promo month sub

then feast your eyes and gonads.

I'm not seeing any active promos.

Mudcrab

We have to keep trying. Eventually there's going to be a OT comic thread that doesn't immediately burst into flames or gets unceremoniously dumped in Community.

Zombine

Banned
We have to keep trying. Eventually there's going to be a OT comic thread that doesn't immediately burst into flames or gets unceremoniously dumped in Community.

I want to create The Walking Dead OT, but I'm kind of hesitant. TWD brings out the worst in people.

I'm trying to find enough comics to justify the sub. X-Statix is the one thing I would read immediately. Not sure what else.

A one year subscription is definitely worth it. If you buy a one year subscription, starting today you get a full year of

Silver Surfer
Squirrel Girl
Ms. Marvel

Those alone are easily worth the $6 per month.

And you'll get to read all of Secret Wars starting next February.

Within my first year subscription, I've read these series which were very good

Annihilation through Thanos Imperative
Fraction Immortal Iron Fist
Planet Hulk
Soule She-Hulk
Fraction Hawkeye

and read enough of these to buy the omnibuses
X-Statix
Hickman Fantastic Four
Waid Daredevil

It's not a coincidence they all end with the same bickering and SJW nonsense, mostly among people who can't admit they don't have a clue. You can continue tocreate the threads if you want; this is just the reality of it.
I guess I just see the better in people. That small thing is not going to turn people from reading comics or anything.
I saw people who wouldn't have know about this otherwise and get excited to read them. That's the reason I make those threads.

Gods, you're all so touchy. That thread is going just fine. Certainly better than the Squirrel Girl one.

Plus the secret wars and anad threads also trucked along just fine.

Messi

We had a good run in OT until Zombeen snitched on us and got us moved.

My Batgirl thread went swimmingly

Some of these I may be interested in owning though. I am indeed conflicted.

I guess I just see the better in people. That small thing is not going to turn people from reading comics or anything.
I saw people who wouldn't have know about this otherwise and get excited to read them. That's the reason I make those threads.

All you, man.

Your comics start up thread was really good. Lots of people got turned towards great comics in that one.

That thread still doesn't have a Valiant section. It's a disaster in my eyes.

Zombine

Banned
Your comics start up thread was really good. Lots of people got turned towards great comics in that one.

One of the harder thing to craft in regards to the OT is how everyone tends to be at various stages in reading TWD. We have new readers, people in the middle, people who are caught up, and everyone wants to talk about wherever they are. I wanted to create a "Days of Future Past" type survivor picture that would detail who's who, and who is alive/dead, but that could deter or hurt new readers who want to experience a lot of this stuff clean. It's a weird balance to try and find, but I think I'm getting there.

Messi

One of the harder thing to craft in regards to the OT is how everyone tends to be at various stages in reading TWD. We have new readers, people in the middle, people who are caught up, and everyone wants to talk about wherever they are. I wanted to create a "Days of Future Past" type survivor picture that would detail who's who, and who is alive/dead, but that could deter or hurt new readers who want to experience a lot of this stuff clean. It's a weird balance to try and find, but I think I'm getting there.

You could give people a spoiler warning in the title giving leeway for the last two volumes say. The rest is open spoilers.

Top Bottom