• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Zombine

Banned
Speaking of Star Wars, I read Lando #1-2 and I am completely enamored with it. The art is gorgeous. I think it's one of my favorite Star Wars titles next to Vader.

697f6e21d6c4bcf0930e55289b7d4688.jpg

I was so sold by the opening pages of #1.

Speaking of Star Wars, I read Lando #1-2 and I am completely enamored with it. The art is gorgeous. I think it's one of my favorite Star Wars titles next to Vader.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. I can hear Billy Dee Williams' voice in my head when reading Lando's dialogue. More than usual anyway.

vladdamad

Damn, that new plot element in Batman is a little worrying.
Clone machine? Really? I can't think of a single way that this can be used that won't make the story become totally ridiculous. For some reason I am picturing an army of cloned Batmen to fight off a new threat.
At least Gordon-Bats is better now that they don't have him in that clunky robot suit as often. I actually like the non-robot design.

Lando is great, but my favourite art in Marvel's Star Wars comics is in Kanan. The plot isn't terribly interesting but it looks visually gorgeous, like a cross between the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy.

Zombine

Banned
Lando is great, but my favourite art in Marvel's Star Wars comics is in Kanan. The plot isn't terribly interesting but it looks visually gorgeous, like a cross between the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy.

Really dig Kanan as well for the same reasons. Vader is probably my favorite though.

There are people defending Resident Evil 6.

It's not ALL bad, just... 85% or so... which puts it pretty dang close to The Evil Within.

There were some very decent bits in both games. Shame about all the terrible stuff around it. Chris chapters were so freaking awful.

Clone machine? Really? I can't think of a single way that this can be used that won't make the story become totally ridiculous. For some reason I am picturing an army of cloned Batmen to fight off a new threat.
At least Gordon-Bats is better now that they don't have him in that clunky robot suit as often. I actually like the non-robot design.

That's a call back to a short Snyder and Sean Murphy did in Detective Comics 27. If you read that it would make much more sense.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
yeah, no problem. You just have to know who who is and that Luke blow up the first Deathstar... And even this is in the introduction.

Zombine

Banned
Man, Moon Girl's design is great. We need more books that are approachable for a younger audience. I hope Disney picks this up as a film for the Big Hero 6-verse. It just works too well.

Also, where is our updated BH6 comic? Give it to someone fun and let them have a blast with it.

But... moon-boy... moon-boy was an ape-man-thing.

Who in the name of fuck thought it was a good idea to call that girl moon girl?

p sure it refers to her personality as described in the article

moon·y
ˈmo͞onē/
adjective
adjective: moony; comparative adjective: moonier; superlative adjective: mooniest

dreamy and unaware of one's surroundings

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Yeah, I'm really not enjoying this current arc in Batman.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Is Morrison's JLA any good?

I really really need to read it still. It's probably the biggest gap in my Morrison experience. That and Seven Soldiers.

Last time I trust Amazon reviews. I see a mere 4 stars and I'm thinking "it must not be that good I guess".

If you look at Amazon reviews for any Morrison book you'll get a lot of mixed reviews. He's a very love him or hate him writer.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
C-SPAN is life.
I don't understand why more people don't watch C-SPAN. It's just the greatest. I get horribly addicted to it.

I really really need to read it still. It's probably the biggest gap in my Morrison experience. That and Seven Soldiers.

If you look at Amazon reviews for any Morrison book you'll get a lot of mixed reviews. He's a very love him or hate him writer.

Still a lot of gaps in my Morrison reading.

What really sucks is the OHCs are out of print.

Are you a moonie sympathizer?

Rather have horns that those silly little wings. Just saying.

That spoilered circumstance was already introduced in "27"

Top Bottom