• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ennis' The Boys also on sale on CMX. Got the first trade to see if it's for me.

Oh geez. I wish you the best of luck. I read the first issue of The Boys, and even as a huge Ennis fan and a huge Preacher fan, is was WAY too much for me. Absolutely over the top in every single way. Give it a shot and get back to us. Haha

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My list for next week.

HARLEY QUINN & POWER GIRL #3
SECRET SIX #5
RAT QUEENS #11
1872 #2
AGE OF ULTRON VS MARVEL ZOMBIES #3
CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MIGHTY DEFENDERS #2
GUARDIANS OF KNOWHERE #3
INFERNO #4
RUNAWAYS #3
SECRET WARS JOURNAL #4
SINISTER SILK #6
SPIDER-VERSE #4

Giving it one last chance. If it doesn't hook me I'm done. Not optimistic.

I'm honestly pretty surprised. For some reason, I just assumed you loved Ms Marvel.

Oh geez. I wish you the best of luck. I read the first issue of The Boys, and even as a huge Ennis fan and a huge Preacher fan, is was WAY too much for me. Absolutely over the top in every single way. Give it a shot and get back to us. Haha

I've never read Ennis (haven't started Preacher yet) so I'm being as cautious as one should be. That shit about raping tapeworms has painted the dude in a seriously fucked up light.

frye

I'm honestly pretty surprised. For some reason, I just assumed you loved Ms Marvel.

I've never read Ennis (haven't started Preacher yet) so I'm being as cautious as one should be. That shit about raping tapeworms has painted the dude in a seriously fucked up light.

If The Boys is your first Ennis then you'll, no joke, probably be turned off on the dude for a few years

Good luck, Simon Pegg is a character in it so that's something.

Here, imma blow your mind
230px-Ennis,_Garth_(2009).jpg

screen-shot-2012-11-19-at-8-58-28-pm.png

simon-pegg.jpg

Yes, the only difference between simon pegg, garth ennis and wee hughie is the facial hair. Hughie is a self-insert.

Boogiepop

I feel like being a double leg amputee in the MU is one of those things that shouldn't be an issue. Why does Flash still have to roll around in a wheelchair when the doesn't have the symbiote on? It's kind of dumb anyway for a guy who hangs out with the Avengers, but it's truly absurd after he starts hanging out in space. You can't get a new pair of legs in the broader galactic community? You can probably get any kind of bio prosthetic you want on Knowhere at the 7-11.
Wait, seriously? Haven't been reading this, but... Like, Jack Flag is in a wheelchair when he joins the Guardians and they like immediately make him able to walk again with space tech like it's no thing at all.

Ok guys, just read the first issue. thanks for building up how off-putting this would be because I actually prepared myself for more. I actually like it.

ReAxion

I went to a comic shop today with a bunch of cash in my pocket wanting to buy an action figure. There were a few that were really close to something I wanted, but not quite.
Like, I saw a Martha Washington action figure, which I had no idea existed, and I was stoked to find it, but it was an absolutely awful figure.
And then I saw Preacher action figures, but again, they were just awful figures.
Then I saw an Orion (New Gods line) action figure that was only $12 and super good quality, but they didn't have Darkseid and it looks like the Darkseid figure goes for like $50, so I couldn't just get Orion and I didn't get it.

I tried though. I tried.

which shop?

What part of Secret Wars are you enjoy? Is it the main series from Hickman, or are there other real gems in there?

I'm at about 85% of all tie-ins.

zeeaykay

Pulled the trigger on X-Static. Total haul:

- X-Statix Omnibus
- Five Ghosts Deluxe Vol 1
- Manhattan Project Deluxe Vol 1

All new and for a total of $78! May be my best haul ever.

Thy DCBS order that shall arrive today:

Action Comics #43
All Star Section 8 #3
Baltimore Cult of the Red King #4/4
Batman #43
Batman Beyond #3
Black Widow #20
Constantine The Hellblazer #3 (Venesa Del Ray finally on art)
Daredevil #17
Dark Corridor #1
Darth Vader #8
Descender #6
Detective Comics #43 (last issue - dropped)
Fade Out #8
God Hates Astronauts #10
HIT 1957 #4/4
Ms. Marvel #17
Powers #4
Secret Wars #5/8
Southern Bastards #10
.. Southern Bastards #10 Charleston Charity Variant accidently bought two but that's ok
Star Wars #7
Start Wars Lando #2
Superman #42 (dropped)
X-Men '92 #2

And Black & White Batgirl Statue by Babs Tarr

What? No. It's even worse. You got a teenager like Hellion running around with perfect prosthetic hands , which would be miles more complex than legs, and yet Flash is going all Hurr Durr No Legs.

Yeah, and Karma too, and others I'm sure if we think about it for a sec...

It would defeat the purpose of having a disabled character if you're going to just sci-fi them back into being able. It was absurd enough when DC retconned Oracle.

Yeah, I mean I know that's the real, out side of fiction reason. It's just weird when he's right along side other characters who just immediately get fixed. Like...

Wait, seriously? Haven't been reading this, but... Like, Jack Flag is in a wheelchair when he joins the Guardians and they like immediately make him able to walk again with space tech like it's no thing at all.

Oh my god, I forgot about Jack Flag!
not unlike Bendis
There you go, that really makes it even more ridiculous.

It might not make sense but I love what Flash's disability brings to the character. Makes for a lot of interesting moments (though Remender did it better than Bendis, admittedly).

Lol I don't think I posted a list more than twice. I've always used Midtown. The only thing they have a lag on is manga.

Midtown probably posts early because when a comic shop gets their weekly delivery from Diamond, they also get their invoice for the following week. If it ain't on the invoice, it ain't coming out.

arkon

Here, imma blow your mind

Yes, the only difference between simon pegg, garth ennis and wee hughie is the facial hair. Hughie is a self-insert.

The only difference? They're not a like at all. Never mind Robertson mentioning using Pegg as a reference.

Hagi

Ugh Alice my girlfriend loved that shitty movie so I guess I'll be seeing that. Hopefully the sequel keeps those creepy Matt Lucas mutant twin abominations.

Yep. Bad idea.

I would have watched it, the last one was pretty good.

Top Bottom