• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Messi

Agreed normal people don't but here we are..

Nothing wrong with praising or disagreeing with creator/publishers decisions. People just gotta learn to accept opinions and know when a debate is turning into a flame war and how to step away :/. Egos

There is nothing wrong with praising a publisher. But that is not what is going on here recently. Its being used to slap the other publisher.

You should at least try it. You won't have to play Overwatch! I've been getting dogshit games lately. Last time I got tossed into a Hanamura (attack) match with 3 Genjis on my team. WHY!?

I tried to play Genji for a bit today. Turns out watching a lot of Seagull videos will not actually make you play like Seagull. Back to the support ghetto with me.

TheFlow

Banned
There is nothing wrong with praising a publisher. But that is not what is going on here recently. Its being used to slap the other publisher.

That's where fanboy stuff comes in. Someone saying " DC is beating marvel in sales" shouldn't trigger a cat

Sandfox

Agreed, normal people don't but here we are..

Nothing wrong with praising or disagreeing with creator/publishers decisions. People just gotta learn to accept opinions and know when a debate is turning into a flame war and how to step away :/. Egos

Nothing wrong with lord posting monthly sales. I wanna know how many people are buying what I read and what could possible be canceled

The numbers we're getting aren't actually a good metric of that a lot of the time because their either anecdotal like the ones bleedingcool posts or just retailer orders, which only reflects how much they think they can sale and doesn't take into consideration the other ways people read comics these days.

TheFlow

Banned
You wanna phrase it that way then sure. But thats not how it is recently. You know its not too.

Last flame war we had out here was when grandharrier said " marvel is shit"

That triggered everyone then sales talk on top of that. I wasn't even here for what happened today

Sandfox

That triggered everyone then sales talk on top of that. I wasn't even here for what happened today

Every time someone praises rebirth or DC doing great in sales cats come in here with the same boring thing

"Rebirth is decent but here is why I think Marvel is better" eyeroll.

We get it guys you like marvel but let the DC cats enjoy there stuff too.
Can you please make up your mind.

agghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like what you like

Throw shade for fun but don't take it serious

Nobody likes FANBOY WARZ

You nerds are ridiculous.

Also, Flow, for god's sake stop digging.

Messi

exactly. wierd how that isn't someone saying "DC is beating Marvel". Almost as if it is something much more toxic. It adds nothing to the discussion and actively winds people up. I have no problem with sales info being posted. I buy over 40 books a week from almost every publisher. I don't have a bias. But I am sick of reading this Marvel vs DC bullshit that wasn't here 6 months ago.

Never forget bishounen Tony and Logan:

g1ehhMf.gif

33AjKLe.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
exactly. wierd how that isn't someone saying "DC is beating Marvel". Almost as if it is something much more toxic. It adds nothing to the discussion and actively winds people up. I have no problem with sales info being posted. I buy over 40 books a week from almost every publisher. I don't have a bias. But I am sick of reading this Marvel vs DC bullshit that wasn't here 6 months ago.
True, but people get triggered over a lot of stuff here. My posting style just triggers people by itself.

Everyone is a lil bias when comes to everything.

Messi

About what? Two different post addressing two different things.

You seem to be taking it personally for something that apparently doesn't apply to you. You are not being singled out but seemingly are trying to single yourself out. Its a thread wide problem.

Everyone is a lil bias when comes to everything.

I don't, I just want great sales for everyone. More books being sold means a healthier industry. But sure keep on assuming everyone has a bias

TheFlow

Banned
agghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like what you like

Throw shade for fun but don't take it serious

Nobody likes FANBOY WARZ

You nerds are ridiculous.

Also, Flow, for god's sake stop digging.
Lol we are all nerds. On an off topic gaming forming discussing comics.

And lol please don't get triggered

TheFlow

Banned
You seem to be taking it personally for something that apparently doesn't apply to you. You are not being singled out but seemingly are trying to single yourself out. Its a thread wide problem.
Personally? I am replying back to sandfox yet here you are? Weird

Sandfox

About what? Two different post addressing two different things.

One post is you saying that the arguments in this thread are over Marvel fans being bitter and not letting DC fans enjoy Rebirth while the other says that people are calling Marvel shit in order to trigger people because Rebirth is doing well.

You may be the only one on this board who knows what it is.
It's Jeff Lemire's new Dark Horse book about a team of golden age heroes that got rebooted after a crisis level event and are now stuck suffering living New 52 like lives. That's just the premise though.

ehhhhhhhhh. Didn't really do anything for me, I'm afraid.
It is kinda strange.

TheFlow

Banned
One post is you saying that the arguments in this thread are over Marvel fans being bitter and not letting DC fans enjoy Rebirth while the other says that people are calling Marvel shit in order to trigger people because Rebirth is doing well.

It's Jeff Lemire's new Dark Horse book about a team of golden age heroes that got rebooted after a crisis level event and are now stuck suffering living New 52 like lives. That's just the premise though.

It is kinda strange.
That was one person who made that "marvel is Shri comment" but like messi said this DC vs marvel stuff was getting nasty way before grandharrier decided to make the comment.

I am moving away from this conversation because we are only making additional pages for nothing

I blame LordofLore bringing up comic sales in here

nobody fucking cares if you prefer marvel or dc or neither

seriously, nobody. Just shut up about that shit. Read whatever you like. Or dont read anything. You're all dead in 60+ years, dont spend it doing Marvel vs DC (IN 2016)
Spoken like a true
Marvel
/
DC
fanboy.
I will give Avengers Assemble points for incorporating a Marvel vs. Capcom reference (the Proton Cannon).

MxY7ASN.gif
That's actually amazing
Never forget bishounen Tony and Logan:

g1ehhMf.gif

33AjKLe.jpg
ecfc0017e17d0b06f2814db7156016954c8fab19

Malyse

I blame LordofLore bringing up comic sales in here

nobody fucking cares if you prefer marvel or dc or neither

seriously, nobody. Just shut up about that shit. Read whatever you like. Or dont read anything. You're all dead in 60+ years, dont spend it doing Marvel vs DC (IN 2016)

This is a good post.

kmfdmpig

Back with my, what's turning out to be daily, "How are these?" post!

Incorruptible (I've heard Irredeemable mentioned in the past from various places, but I've never heard anyone talk about Incorruptible)

It's very good. Not quite as ambitious as Irredeemable, but a similar quality. It's set in the same world and has some overlap with Irredeemable, so if you like Irredeemable it's good, but not essential.

tim1138

Hah yea I just edited that in. That's a book I've been wanting to read.

Oh and them uploading those timely comics on MU is hilarious to me. Since they already exist and its not like bundling them saves any money for MU readers.

My only complaint with PM&IF is how Jessica is written in the early issues. Walker got criticism for that (and rightfully so) and seems to have course corrected. It's one of a trio of Marvel books I actually read when they come out and don't MU wait.

Top Bottom