• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

TheFlow

Banned
What did I miss?

*skims*

Oh.

fire_community.gif

PsychBat!

Banned
TheFlow? What's the pool on me up to right now? What's it up to? What is it, three hundred dollars -- is that it? Three hundred?
I'm a school teacher. I teach English Composition in this little town called Adley, Pennsylvania. The last eleven years, I've been at Thomas Alva Edison High School. I was coach of the baseball team in the spring time.
Back home when I tell people what I do for a living, they think, well, that, that figures.
But over here it's a big, a big mystery. So I guess I've changed some.
Sometimes I wonder if I've changed so much my wife is even gonna recognize me whenever it is I get back to her -- and how I'll ever be able to tell her about days like today.

Felipe Smith is writing the next Ghost Rider series. Between this and Kaare Andrews returning to Iron Fist, I'd be surprised if they didn't announce another Jeff Lemire Hawkeye series

The Daimon Scott art was what ruined the book.

His art wasn't the only problem. The second arc of the book was just a repeat of the first arc but this time Robbie's bullies got their hands on the drugs. It wasn't interesting and it got boring really fast since it was clear Smith was stalling so he could close out the book in time for Secret Wars. The only new info we got was that the spirit was slowly taking over Robbie and making him do violent things.

TheFlow

Banned
TheFlow? What's the pool on me up to right now? What's it up to? What is it, three hundred dollars -- is that it? Three hundred?
I'm a school teacher. I teach English Composition in this little town called Adley, Pennsylvania. The last eleven years, I've been at Thomas Alva Edison High School. I was coach of the baseball team in the spring time.
Back home when I tell people what I do for a living, they think, well, that, that figures.
Sometimes I wonder if I've changed so much my wife is even gonna recognize me whenever it is I get back to her -- and how I'll ever be able to tell her about days like today.
#dead. I am so lost on the first half.

But woah had no idea you were in the school system let alone an English teacher. Now I gotta watch my spelling when quoting you.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I thought they made you at OCS out of spare GI parts.

Finished Rachel Rising. What a wonderful comic. The ending felt a little sudden, like the book was building toward something bigger but was interrupted. Great series, though. Glad I bought it.

He's a black artist (I think he's black lol) based in Japan who got some fame from his manga, Peepo Choo.

Damn, I really like that art style.

Messi

Finished Rachel Rising. What a wonderful comic. The ending felt a little sudden, like the book was building toward something bigger but was interrupted. Great series, though. Glad I bought it.

Damn, I really like that art style.

That's because it was interrupted by people not buying it anymore.

Finished Rachel Rising. What a wonderful comic. The ending felt a little sudden, like the book was building toward something bigger but was interrupted.

iirc that's exactly what happened, but I can't find the quote.

Glad you enjoyed it, such a great comic. Can't wait to see what Moore gets up to next.

Messi

I thought that might be the case. Shame. One of the best comics I've read in years. Even with the ending it got.

Yep. It's really wonderful and it's a shame he will only be doing mini series going forward. But I understand. The sales aren't there. It annoys me that he would be so much more successful sales wise if the book was the exact same but had an image logo on it.

VanWinkle

Man, I love Marvel NOW oversized hardcovers. They're built exactly the same as their omnis (unlike their older ones which had glued bindings while the omnis had sewn), they're MOSTLY affordable, and they're the perfect size to be able to read them anywhere, at around 250-400 pages in general.

Got a pretty nice collection of them now. I still need to get: Daredevil Vol. 4 and 5, Superior Spider-Man Vol. 1 and 2, Amazing Spider-man Vol. 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and All-New X-Men Vol. 4 (just got Vol. 3 today).

eNhJyFc.jpg

Man, I love Marvel NOW oversized hardcovers. They're built exactly the same as their omnis (unlike their older ones which had glued bindings while the omnis had sewn), they're MOSTLY affordable, and they're the perfect size to be able to read them anywhere, at around 250-400 pages in general.

Got a pretty nice collection of them now. I still need to get: Daredevil Vol. 4 and 5, Superior Spider-Man Vol. 1 and 2, Amazing Spider-man Vol. 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and All-New X-Men Vol. 4 (just got Vol. 3 today).

eNhJyFc.jpg

Bendis' Guardians. Good choice. You gotta collect the rest of Superior Spider-Man.

Sandfox

There are times I miss BND Spider-Man, but I'm actually excited for the direction the line is going. I am getting kinda tired of Parker Industries though because I want to see more of Peter's social life.

That first arc of BND was so jarring. Whether you supported the breakup of the marriage or not, it just felt weird to go from a dark tragedy to a story with this really forced, disingenuous "hey guys, we're all having wacky fun, right?!" energy.

A few copies of the first BND got sent to me by troll friends, and I used crumpled up pages as packing material for a while.

Top Bottom