• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Even Busiek feels the pinch sometimes.

DUZN9Xj.png

Hippolyta takes Hercules semen from some tissue and uses it to give birth to Diana in hopes that she could use her to get revenge on man's world.
That's actually rather similar to the origin of the Hydra in the original Greek mythology. If I recall, Hephaestus raped Athena, and she wiped his semen off of her with a piece of wool and through it down to Earth. It spawned into the Hydra. I think.
Earth One no? With Hercules

174495661-600x918.jpg

Well now this is uncomfortable

frye

that Trevor Von Eeden interview in its entirety is really good btw, Von Eeden would be a fascinating figure even if he was only the first black artist hired by DC Comics, but he was also only like a step away from drawing Batman: Year One (Miller asked him before he asked Mazzucchelli to do it). His relationship with Lynn Varley and Frank Miller is very interesting and kinda weird too (he talks about it nearly every interview of his I've read/heard) and pretty much everything I know about Varley's personal life comes from him I think.

also Thriller is basically incomprehensible but man it looks cool

TraBuch

Banned
Back with my, what's turning out to be daily, "How are these?" post!

Fairest
Jack of Fables
Planetary
Gravel
Lazarus
Crimson
Incorruptible (I've heard Irredeemable mentioned in the past from various places, but I've never heard anyone talk about Incorruptible)
Spin Angels
The Spire
The Killer

I've actually never heard of Thriller but I was going to the LCS for back issues today anyway

Fairest
Jack of Fables
Planetary
Gravel
Lazarus
Crimson
Incorruptible (I've heard Irredeemable mentioned in the past from various places, but I've never heard anyone talk about Incorruptible)
Spin Angels
The Spire
The Killer

The Spire is the good stuff, idk about the rest, although a lot of people like Planetary

Fairest
Jack of Fables
Planetary
Gravel
Lazarus
Crimson
Spin Angels
The Spire
The Killer
I haven't finished it but Spire is cool

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Everytime I remember that one Interview Alan Moore gave once why superhero movies are shitty and not original I cant wrap my mind around the fact that two of his most well known works are a bunch of world famous, decades and hundreds of year ago created Public Owned character who are doing a Team Up and a bunch of Analogies of Characters of worlds most famouest comicbook superheroes.

ElNarez

Banned
Alan Moore today is either an hypocrite or someone who thinks he's the Last Writer Ever.

Either way, he's all kinds of worthless.

frye

I've actually never heard of Thriller but I was going to the LCS for back issues today anyway

The Spire is the good stuff, idk about the rest, although a lot of people like Planetary

if it's like here then Thriller is incredibly easy to find in back issue bins, fair warning though: a lot of it doesn't really quite work

Messi

Fairest
Jack of Fables
Planetary
Gravel
Lazarus
Crimson
Spin Angels
The Spire
The Killer

Lazarus is absolutely incredible.

Check out Lady Killer by Joelle Jones also.

While I am at it. Check out the beautiful lesbian BDSM romance friendship book Sunstone by Stjepan Sejic (it is amazing and is my fave book, I am not joking around. Most here love it)

tim1138

Fairest
Jack of Fables
Planetary
Gravel
Lazarus
Crimson
Spin Angels
The Spire
The Killer

Planetary is completely amazing.

tim1138

Tim ODY-C is getting a hardcover release

515JS78E5yL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I love that book so much, but is it ever an exercise in frustration. By the time the hardcover comes out, the book will have been running for two years, and the hardcover will collect all twelve released issues. I'm all for creative teams taking their time to tell the story they want to tell, but a book structured like ODY-C is being killed by all the lengthy delays. At this point I may just stop buying the single issues and get the hardcover every two years. It's no wonder Christian Ward took on cover duty for the new Ultimates volume, dude probably needed the regular work.

Somewhat related, I'm disappointed my LCS did not have the ODY-C coloring book. It'd be a blast coloring Ward's trippy art.

Sandfox

I love that book so much, but is it ever an exercise in frustration. By the time the hardcover comes out, the book will have been running for two years, and the hardcover will collect all twelve released issues. I'm all for creative teams taking their time to tell the story they want to tell, but a book structured like ODY-C is being killed by all the lengthy delays. At this point I may just stop buying the single issues and get the hardcover every two years. It's no wonder Christian Ward took on cover duty for the new Ultimates volume, dude probably needed the regular work.

Somewhat related, I'm disappointed my LCS did not have the ODY-C coloring book. It'd be a blast coloring Ward's trippy art.
Well it is written by Matt Fraction lol.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
All New All Different Avengers #13 might be the most interesting book I've read all month.

Wonder where it'll lead?

Top Bottom