• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

TheFlow

Banned
All is fair in love and war.

I bought them all because I knew they would go out of print at some point but just haven't made the time to sit down and read them.

fuck the gundam origins books have actually gone up on Amazon. Guess I gotta buy them physical since CMX doesn't have gundam manga.

smisk

While I am at it. Check out the beautiful lesbian BDSM romance friendship book Sunstone by Stjepan Sejic (it is amazing and is my fave book, I am not joking around. Most here love it)

I hope this isn't anything like Moon Over June..

I may be a little lttp on this but if any of you are fans of Sci-Fi in the vein of Banks' Culture books, give Ann Leckie's Imperial Radch series a shot. Finished reading the first book yesterday night and it was pretty great.

Can't wait for Hickman's Frontier.

warning: The book has no funny drawings like them comics.

Hagi

fuck the gundam origins books have actually gone up on Amazon. Guess I gotta buy them physical since CMX doesn't have gundam manga.

I think it's the most popular thing Vertical has published but even still if you want them I would buy them because they will go out if print eventually. I follow their blog and I don't think they have said whether or not they have the rights to publish them digitally. Manga publishing can be quite restrictive.

I think it's the most popular thing Vertical has published but even still if you want them I would buy them because they will go out if print eventually. I follow their blog and I don't think they have said whether or not they have the rights to publish them digitally. Manga publishing can be quite restrictive.

I am still disappointed that Vertical has no plans to reprint the later Blackjack volumes. :(

TheFlow

Banned
Yea it is hard for them to even publish the other gundam manga due to licensing. I will definitely buy them all though

Boogiepop

I finished Gotham Central last night, and damn, that ending hit freaking hard. It's absolutely a great ending note because
it totally makes sense for things to end on the idea of Gotham even breaking the good cops and corruption winning out, with the one small concession that Renee essentially regains herself right at the end, despite being pushed to the brink
, but holy crap that was rough. Does 52 follow up close on this, or is the stuff with Renee in that fairly removed from the events here? I kind of want to "follow up" even if only on her character after the book ending things on that, so it would be nice if a beloved run was the place to do so...

I finished Gotham Central last night, and damn, that ending hit freaking hard. It's absolutely a great ending note because
it totally makes sense for things to end on the idea of Gotham even breaking the good cops and corruption winning out, with the one small concession that Renee essentially regains herself right at the end, despite being pushed to the brink
, but holy crap that was rough. Does 52 follow up close on this, or is the stuff with Renee in that fairly removed from the events here? I kind of want to "follow up" even if only on her character after the book ending things on that, so it would be nice if a beloved run was the place to do so...

I loved Renee's arc in 52. I think you can read that next and not feel that you missed anything in-between. (I don't know if there is something between Gotham Central and 52).

IHaveIce

Banned
Finally decided to finish Starlin's Infinity trilogy (Revelation, Relativity, Finale). Good lord. I think I've had my fill of cosmic Marvel for a bit and a piece. Although, where in the timeline that this takes place is of slight concern

Is this anywhere answered? Cause I was super confused seeing Warlock and I had no idea where he went after the Lanning/Abnett Run.

Owzers

Vision #4 was good, maybe my favorite issue of it so far outside of one wonky panel that bugs me.

Wonder Woman Earth One early in, the artwork is stunning but it seems like another mostly-boring origins story.

Vision #4 was good, maybe my favorite issue of it so far outside of one wonky panel that bugs me.

Wonder Woman Earth One early in, the artwork is stunning but it seems like another mostly-boring origins story.

Wonder Woman is kind of weird with them jumping between stories. The odd # issues have been better. And I really like the Cheetah redesign.

Couldn't go with the flow

oooo+ouch.gif

I'm cleaning up the cinema and waiting for my shift to end so I have time to spare.

What's everyone's favorite superhero/villain costume?

Ponn

Banned
Is thisnine really that flat?

Yea, its just his Spider-Man run which was kinda short, no Amazing. There was a crossover with X-Force and they do have those issues included. Flipping through this and I completely forgot how crazy they were with the Scooby Doo guest characters of the week thing going on. Like every arc with a team up story. It's cheaper than regular Omnibuses though so worth it. Oh and you get this for those that hate dust jackets

Top Bottom