• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Tonight I finish The Sixth Gun. Just one issue left. It's been a long fun ride.

Then I start some book called God Hate Astronauts. Anyone ever heard of it?

TheFlow

Banned
I'm cleaning up the cinema and waiting for my shift to end so I have time to spare.

What's everyone's favorite superhero/villain costume?
Black panther from Coates run
Green arrow from Percy's run

Moon knight from lemieres run

Decided to go with current comics

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Messi was banned huh? Posted one too many lewd Harley pictures?

Andy MacDonald posted a picture of Batwoman as a hello to new twitter followers:
g8u8e.jpg

Andy Khouri(DC Rebirth Green Arrow/Suicide Squad editor, formerly also on The Omega Men) teasing tomorrow with two sneak peaks. First is tagged with Jason Fabok, Rob Williams, Nate Piekos and Brian Cunningham while the second is tagged with Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Alex Sinclair and Piekos, Williams and Cunningham again.
Looks like Harley's playing the DC universe version of Pokémon Go.

tim1138

Tyrant inspired me to read the Authority again, and it stays one of my favorite cape stories. And deep down depsite knowingredients that I'm setting myself up for disappointment for whatever the Wildstorm Rebirth announcement ends up being in October I'm still hyped.

Tyrant inspired me to read the Authority again, and it stays one of my favorite cape stories. And deep down depsite knowingredients that I'm setting myself up for disappointment for whatever the Wildstorm Rebirth announcement ends up being in October I'm still hyped.

I'm gonna get started on that tonight, hopefully I like it.

Volume 2 worth picking up if I do?

Sandfox

Tomorrow should be pretty fun in terms of releases.

I'm reading the big time trades from Comixology's sale and it's really taking me back. I loved this era of Spider-Man and miss it.

The official trailer for it that Marvel put out is always fun as well:
https://youtu.be/I7HihtJjZbE

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Light week

Klaus #7 (Of 7)

Aquaman #5
Batman #5
Green Arrow #5
Green Lanterns #5
Justice League #3
Nightwing #3
Suicide Squad #1
Superman #5

All-New Inhumans #10
All-New Wolverine #11
Captain America Sam Wilson #12
Mighty Thor #10
Power Man And Iron Fist #7
Star Wars Poe Dameron #5
Ultimates #10
Uncanny Avengers #12

Hagi

How many times do I have to tell you there is no volume 2. It was 12 issues by Ellis and Hitch, and that was it.

Is that the only stuff worth reading? not even the run by Abnett and Lanning? I really liked Midnighters solo book so it would be cool to read back.

also there's a garth ennis/chris spourse Midnighter story arc in which he travels back in time to kick Hitler in the balls, so you can't dismiss that

Didn't Morrison write some issues of The Authority too? I saw a trade at the library and picked it up, but it turned out be be by some other Morrison.

Never got around to reading the Brubaker run either.

frye

I mean, Ellis/Hitch Authority is still probably the single most or second most important superhero comic this century and the only other contender for that - Millar/Hitch Ultimates - is deeply indebted to The Authority, so yeah, there's pretty much no way the relaunch is gonna be that good

Didn't Morrison write some issues of The Authority too? I saw a trade at the library and picked it up, but it turned out be be by some other Morrison.

Morrison/Lee Authority

rip in piece (just one piece cuz that's all that ever came out ayy lmao)

tim1138

Don't trick people into thinking that garbage run was good

I mean, Ellis/Hitch Authority is still probably the single most or second most important superhero comic this century and the only other contender for that - Millar/Hitch Ultimates - is deeply indebted to The Authority, so yeah, there's pretty much no way the relaunch is gonna be that good

Well yeah, short of pulling late 90s Ellis into the current day to write a new volume, nothing will match that run. But if they can find a couple writers like Orlando who have a love for the characters it might be worth our while. One of the things that gives me hope is that there can't be enough people clamoring for more Wildstorm stuff to make it a simple cash grab. Orlando's Midnighter has set the bar pretty high.

I take it that's a no.....

I might pick up Stormwatch this week though

Yes, get Stormwatch, those are good comics.

Poor Gketter or whatever he goes by now, missing Wildstorm talk

One of only two issues that ever released!

There were two Morrison/Ha Authority issues, the #2 didnt come out til five months later. Partly cuz Gene Ha kinda slow and partly cuz Morrison was real behind on 52 at the time. And the reviews were pretty meh, so he said "fuck it" and dropped out.

and like fyre said, there was also a Morrison/Jim Lee Wildcats reboot that only saw one issue

wc-01-020.jpg

Top Bottom