• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Ultimates #10:

YHsxedh.gif

VanWinkle

Superman, Supergirl and Superwoman all are fantastic comics so far and I never would have guessed that would be the case going into Rebirth. Superman is easily the best thing I've read from DC in ages, can't say enough how much I'm loving that book. I thought Rebirth would be a repeat of New 52 and the Bat related books would be on top for me but I'm really happy that's not the case.

Let's see...only going to touch on the rebirth comics that have had at least a few issues out, and say which era was better at this point in their respective runs.

Batman - New 52
Superman - Rebirth
Detective Comics - Rebirth
Aquaman - New 52
Green Arrow- Rebirth
Action Comics - New 52
Flash - New 52 (not saying much, but at least art was insanely good)
Green Lantern - New 52
Wonder Woman - ehhh could see either at this point
Justice League - New 52
Nightwing - Rebirth

New 52 also had a bunch of other good series at that starting point, like Swamp Thing, Batman and Robin, Animal Man, Justice League Dark, Earth 2, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lanterns, Batwoman, All-Star Western, "I, Vampire", etc.

Hagi

I'm not really enjoying Kings Batman at all.
Alfred's "I'm Batman"
was probably the one thing I've really liked about this run so far. Not really enthused about the picture the end narration is painting for the future of the book. After the epilogue I think I'm just going to drop this and stick with Tec then maybe check back in later down the line.

Ultimates was great. Ms. America best Marvel lady confirmed.
Carol needed to be hit in the face with a chair

I thought that was pretty dumb but satisfying all the same lol Thanos needs a moustache to twirl though because he certainly is talking like that kind of villain.

mreddie

Fallen: One big tribute to
Banner
Ross
is a asshole though

CW2 tie ins galore

PM/IF, Mockingbird, Spider-Women, Wolverine, Ultimates

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

Dope news about Runaways but until cast is locked, it ain't happening.

Batman #5

L-Like, how d-did King think the wh-whole sequence would p-play out? This sh-shit got old super f-fast!

"I'm sc-scared! Me t-too!"

Grade A bullshit.
Did you know you can purchase powers that make you stronger than Superman? Lex Luthor needs to stop shopping at ACME Corporation.
It's tough to label something as emotionally manipulative when it fails to generate an emotional response. I finished the book and went, "Okay."

Sandfox

So I'm done with my weeklies and Captain America: Sam Wilson was my book of the week. This issue was very well written and the art impressed. It feels like Spencer is getting a better handle on writing politics for both sides and his U.S. Agent is really good.

I can't recommend this book enough.

Wonder if Spencer is gonna get any credit for treating USAgent with more respect than anyone has in ages.
I've seen praise for it so far.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That's Spider-Thick AF.

Batman #5

L-Like, how d-did King think the wh-whole sequence would p-play out? This sh-shit got old super f-fast!

"I'm sc-scared! Me t-too!"

Grade A bullshit.
Did you know you can purchase powers that make you stronger than Superman? Lex Luthor needs to stop shopping at ACME Corporation.
It's tough to label something as emotionally manipulative when it fails to generate an emotional response. I finished the book and went, "Okay."

Okay is how I would describe the whole arc.

ElNarez

Banned
man you know what would be great? if you took the writer of Unfollow and Martian Manhunter, two of the most exciting books of this year and the one before, and you told him: "okay, you're gonna write Suicide Squad, but Jim Lee is drawing so you only have 13 pages, and most of issue #1 is gonna be about
Killer Croc barfing in space
."

And like, fine, but, man, the book should be so much fucking better than this. It's sad!

Sandfox

man you know what would be great? if you took the writer of Unfollow and Martian Manhunter, two of the most exciting books of this year and the one before, and you told him: "okay, you're gonna write Suicide Squad, but Jim Lee is drawing so you only have 13 pages, and most of issue #1 is gonna be about
Killer Croc barfing in space
."

And like, fine, but, man, the book should be so much fucking better than this. It's sad!

I know Jim Lee is a big name, but I don't get that decision.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Mighty Thor 10
Is this some Loki fuckery?

[edit]

Phil Noto must have been rushed for the latest Poe Dameron comic, a lot of spots look rough as hell.

Top Bottom