• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The new Poe Dameron arc is ten times better than the last one, if there's any Star Wars fans, I'd suggest reading it.

Also, whatever happened with the TFA adaptation? First issue came out months ago and another one hasn't been released or maybe it has but I didn't notice. Not like it was any good, though, so no biggie not reading that one.

Sandfox

The new Poe Dameron arc is ten times better than the last one, if there's any Star Wars fans, I'd suggest reading it.

Also, whatever happened with the TFA adaptation? First issue came out months ago and another one hasn't been released or maybe it has but I didn't notice. Not like it was any good, though, so no biggie not reading that one.

I'm pretty sure the second issue came out not too long ago.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

The real gold is his indie stuff though. Did you actually like the new book or did you find it a bit much? Reading his stuff feels a little mystifying until you get your head around it, as I mentioned I still have to really engage with his older stuff. The manhattan projects is a really easy read though and hilarious, if you're interested. East of west is probably my favourite overall work form him, but the manhattan projects is really easy to point to as a starting point.

Excuse my ignorance btw have you just got into reading comics then? Just from the context of your response there. I've been off the board for quite awhile so I'm a bit behind with things haha. If so and you jumped into a Hickman image book off the bat, good on you! I honestly love him as a writer but he can be a little too concept driven rather than character driven for me at times in his work and I wouldn't be shocked if someone getting into books read him and turned right back around to the big two, if they thought his style was entirely indicative of other indie books.

I liked it! It is a bit much at times, but I enjoy the world building and magic/occultiness, and I dig the
ritual killing
nature of it so far. It feels likes Se7en plus occult stuff which I like alot.

I think it's fair to say that I just got into reading comics with a much more older/mature mindset. Last comic I remember buying was the first 2 (?) trades of Ultimate Spider-Man and maybe Ultimate X-Men? It was so long ago. I've always peeked into comic threads on here to keep some bit of current goings. MvC3 helped a bit too. After CA: Civil War, I told myself I would jump back in and recently finally got around to picking up some books. I just looked at the OP and saw that cover and saw that Hickman wrote it and picked it up haha.

Caught up on Batman Rebirth

I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought based off of the impressions I read here. Solid start and set a good foundation for the future. I really enjoyed how King had a more playful tone with Alfred and Duke.

mreddie

I want to feel sad about Invincible ending but I get the feeling it's only to clear the way for Kirkman to either do more Dead or he's moving higher up.

Owzers

I don't know why naughty dog thinks their awkward melee fights are worth being in the game, just started playing uc4 a bit more today and I'd rather they just make it a cutscene. Maybe that's why they need to have it, otherwise the cutscene would have been too long.
Press square to clumsily flail at people.

Tizoc

I don't know why naughty dog thinks their awkward melee fights are worth being in the game, just started playing uc4 a bit more today and I'd rather they just make it a cutscene. Maybe that's why they need to have it, otherwise the cutscene would have been too long.
Uc4 is a pretty disappointing game
The shooting is unneeded and the traversal is lazily thought out
If it were an adventure/walking simulator game its be a lot better

Oh man, I love this! Stranger Things is so good. Feels like a bunch of fantastic King novels (firestarter, some apsects of It, stand by me) but actually transferred to t successfully.

I liked it!

After CA: Civil War, I told myself I would jump back in and recently finally got around to picking up some books. I just looked at the OP and saw that cover and saw that Hickman wrote it and picked it up haha.

That's awesome, I'll have to have a browse in your history and see what else you picked up. Anyone else in the thread will attest, it's an incredible time to jump in. So many great series going on at various publishers, and so easy to get hold of brilliant series that finished up their runs already. If you dig the current cap movies, you'll probably like Brubaker, not sure if you've went down that alley yet but he came up with the modern tone for Cap and all the Bucky stuff. His spy book Velvet that's out right now is really cool!

So, I just want to dip back a few pages in Kingdom Come. One of the things I love about it is that it goes to lengths, though not many, to portray even some of the most street level heroes as gods. It's awesome, and Ross' art does a fantastic job of portraying it.

But this...this motherfucker right here...
hawkman-kingdom-come.jpg

tumblr_mbydldFNeP1rgbma5o1_500.gif

I also found out recently, however, that Gentleman Ghost was originally a Hawk villain.

Just came by to say that the complete collection of asterix is so worth the 25€. Yes the Asterix on the front of the book is just a sticker but i love the paper quality and colours. Thx to some of you who helped me out with recommendations when i started to read comics again. Now, nothing can stop this train, its expensive but comics really make me happy and give me time to relax.

Also yeay first member post.

Ross61

So I have some questions for season 2 of Daredevil. So,
are the multiple Black Skies
?
Is Elektra the only Black Sky left since the other one was killed in the first season
?

Tizoc

Just came by to say that the complete collection of asterix is so worth the 25€. Yes the Asterix on the front of the book is just a sticker but i love the paper quality and colours. Thx to some of you who helped me out with recommendations when i started to read comics again. Now, nothing can stop this train, its expensive but comics really make me happy and give me time to relax.

Also yeay first member post.
What asterix book is that?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
?
Is Elektra the only Black Sky left since the other one was killed in the first season
?
I think more that there is one device called Black Sky that you can to power up persons

Tizoc

ordered tiny titans vol 1 for my 2 y/o nephew as a bday gift
Little guy likes superheroes so i figured id get him something easy to read and enjoy

Vic_Viper

In the market for a new figure. Where do people recommend shopping for the best price. Want something to go along with the other play arts figures I have. Will probably stick with them, really like the look of the Wild West batman. But I really want a good Captain America or Wolverine. Any recommendations that won't kill my wallet.

Anyone buy a play arts on eBay? There's some Snake and Batman figures for like $30 w/ free shipping.

Sillymonkers, you have to play Overwatch tonight. I can't keep playing with fucking randos.

Animosity #1 gets a third printing.

Marvel has trademarked "Invisible Woman" much like they did with all their new Now! 2.0 book titles. Guessing a new non-F4 character will get the title.

I was thinking of importing the rest of the Ultimate Spider-Man trades I need from IST as some of them are pretty much impossible to find new here, but only the most expensive form of delivery has tracking. Still kinda tempted but even they don't have two of the ones I want.

Agreed to all. Batman's the biggest surprise to me, I figured that would be a lock. I don't hate it, but I've got reservations still. Looking forward to Janin being on it next arc.

Seeley went with "Better than Batman" and we all assumed it was referencing Raptor. Turns out he was putting CIA assassin Tom King on notice. And he was right.

welp sue me I loved the movie Suicide Squad, written and directed by David Ayer.

I'm not surprised after your weekly BvS apologetics. You don't owe anyone an explanation for anything. It's okay to like terrible things. I love Batman Forever and recognize it's shit. Own it.

Except for anything Harley. One should never admit that publicly. Just the worst.

I was thinking of importing the rest of the Ultimate Spider-Man trades I need from IST as some of them are pretty much impossible to find new here, but only the most expensive form of delivery has tracking. Still kinda tempted but even they don't have two of the ones I want.

Have you tried the ultimate collection trades? I think amazon UK has them all, could be worth a look.

Have you tried the ultimate collection trades? I think amazon UK has them all, could be worth a look.

Yeah, it looks like they're printing one each year. I have quite a few of the original thin TPBs but I suppose I could always buy the Ultimate collections and sell them on. I'd prefer to complete my set of the original TPBs though.

Back Issue day on CMX! Tons of them but the one people should care about is Manhunter issue #2 is out!

Edit: Was Busiek!Red Tornade good?

?
?
In S1, when the Black Sky is killed I recall Nobu saying something along the lines of Black Skies being very rare. So I'm going to assume that Elektra was a Black Sky, but so was the kid from S1.

Either that, or Elektra is the only true Black Sky, and they were trying to "make" the rest. Sort of like Fullmetal Alchemist

How has the Waid/Samnee Black Widow been? I don't see to many impressions posted for that. I think #1 will be on MU next Monday.

Hadn't seen this cover to Wolverine #11 before.

#WWDidItBetter
I haven't been keeping up with it but I enjoyed what I did read. Samnee's art has never looked better and the first issue was fantastic. Just a perfectly executed opening issue.

Agree with your spoiler too

How has the Waid/Samnee Black Widow been? I don't see to many impressions posted for that. I think #1 will be on MU next Monday.
It's really good, but it's also a very light read. Dialogue is very sparse. Not the kind of book I want to spend $3.99 an issue on, so MU is probably the way to read it.

Vibranium

Banned
Sad to hear about Invincible ending, but at the same time I guess I'm excited to see the conclusion arc. I think Kirkman made the right move by not bringing in a different creative team.

Also, I can't wait to see where Ryan Ottley goes from here. One of the top talents in comics.

Top Bottom