• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Ross61

Trying to imagine Alex Ross' art style transforming into nasty current DC animated movie style make me shudder.
Then they can change the style to something else. Warner Bros/DC have a multitude of styles they have used across movie and cartoons.

I personally wouldn't mind as long as they don't skip on the budget like KJ.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hate young people. So I guess I hate you all.

tim1138

Why can't Zendaya be MJ? Zendaya is the first girl that genuinely looks like a model and she's a very fun actor. I'd get frustrated if I read that for much longer.

She's amazing.

Who is Zendaya? I just assumed y'all were talking about Overwatch again.

I am also a bit of a history buff. I would say it's well balanced. It has that sense of place and time you are looking for without being constrained too much by an actual timeline of events. There are a few super unrealistic portrayals of unfolding cultural shifts so you may end up doing a few of these:

AZCrYvM.gif

But in the end it's not so bad. It's worth it, I think, to create an atmosphere filled with dread, tension and a sense of inevitability.

Hahaha, awesome man, sounds good, very much on my radar now, I'd kind of zoned on Wood for awhile after being fairly unimpressed by the massive. Need to check Rebels out too!

Anyway peace guys, I'm out. Need to be up around 7.15 tomorrow morning and it's already creeping towards half 12. The days are not long enough for me.

TheFlow

Banned
Hahaha, awesome man, sounds good, very much on my radar now, I'd kind of zoned on Wood for awhile after being fairly unimpressed by the massive. Need to check Rebels out too!

Anyway peace guys, I'm out. Need to be up around 7.15 tomorrow morning and it's already creeping towards half 12. The days are not long enough for me.
I feel yah I work from 3 am-8 just about everyday so I can't be up past 10

She has no red hair!

Cancel the movie

It would be fun if she had red hair for a scene. I mean, if Sasha Banks can have purple/pink-ish hair anything's possible, and she's a Legit Boss. The Disney Channel background worries me more than any hair colour ever could, but I'll take people's word that she was apparently good in those shows.

Who is Zendaya then?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3918035/

She's apparently been in the Bad Blood AND Lemonade music videos. Pack it up boys, $1BN movie confirmed. I'm not even joking.

TheFlow

Banned
It would be fun if she had red hair for a scene. I mean, if Sasha Banks can have purple/pink-ish hair anything's possible, and she's a Legit Boss. The Disney Channel background worries me more than any hair colour ever could, but I'll take people's word that she was apparently good in those shows.

Hate to say it but she is great from what I watched of her Disney show. I am actually surprised she is still with Disney depite hitting the 18 mark

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There was a picture of Rihanna with red hair, I dont see a problem how she couldnt just dye it in the end. And even when not. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Then this version hasnt red hair. I hate how people in this thread over there shitpost and the best are the one who dont know shit.

tim1138

She's apparently been in the Bad Blood AND Lemonade music videos. Pack it up boys, $1BN movie confirmed. I'm not even joking.

Actress who is apparently playing Mary Jane in the next Spider-Man movie

An actress, confirmed today to be playing Mary Jane

Much obliged.
Since I obviously know nothing about her, is she a good pick for MJ? She can't possibly be worse than Kirsten Dunst.

TheFlow

Banned
There was a picture of Rihanna with red hair, I dont see a problem how she couldnt just dye it in the end. And even when not. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Then this version hasnt red hair. I hate how people in this thread over there shitpost and the best are the one who dont know shit.
Yea people gotta treat marvel comics and marvel film as their own alternate relaties.

I forgot that Rihanna had a redhead phase. Only Girl in the World was a choon.

I honestly don't care, it doesn't effect how likely I am to enjoy the movie at all. As a white male I guess I should be foaming at the mouth, writing mean things on Twitter and starting a campaign to Make Spider-Man Great Again. But I don't give a shit. It's cool with me. I mean if Michael Clarke Duncan can be the Kingpin (I miss that dude, he was great), Laurence Fishburne can be Perry White and Billy Dee Williams can be Harvey Dent, and there's probably earlier and better examples that don't come to mind right now, no reason this can't happen. Good for Zendaya. I hope she crushes it.

And nobody is worse than Kirsten Dunst. I had to sit through Marie Antoinette once, don't let my sacrifice be in vain.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I forgot that Rihanna had a redhead phase. Only Girl in the World was a choon.

I honestly don't care, it doesn't effect how likely I am to enjoy the movie at all. As a white male I guess I should be foaming at the mouth, writing mean things on Twitter and starting a campaign to Make Spider-Man Great Again. But I don't give a shit. It's cool with me. I mean if Michael Clarke Duncan can be the Kingpin (I miss that dude, he was great), Laurence Fishburne can be Perry White and Billy Dee Williams can be Harvey Dent, and there's probably earlier and better examples that don't come to mind right now, no reason this can't happen. Good for Zendaya. I hope she crushes it.

And nobody is worse than Kirsten Dunst.

Yeah.
But I will be honest, I would be a little bit "eh??" If they would cast a black Peter Parker and pissed if they would replace him with Miles in the movies, but that would be just a initiall feeling and I would never make racist tirades over shit like this. If it happens it happens and if the movie is great in the end its the most important thing.

But I cant say how much I dont give the slightest shit that this version of MJ wont have the red hair in the beginning of the movie. She looks fine and will fit the supermodell thing and if she acts good as you guys thats even better and obiviously even more important.

Speaking of hair color in movies, One of the things that bugs me in Nolan's batman movies is Martha Wayne having blonde hair. Its not a big deal but yet it bothers me and I really don't know why.

Top Bottom