• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

ElNarez

Banned
what the fuck happened here

I said Suicide Squad was a good film, which is Truth, and then this thread goes to shit

did I fuck up? is it me?

I don't believe for a second that you've never thought some actor seemed annoying. Or that you never said so without first doing a research project on the person first.
No. I do my research first.

giphy.gif

what the fuck happened here

I said Suicide Squad was a good film, which is Truth, and then this thread goes to shit

did I fuck up? is it me?
Enchantress should have been saved for Justice League Dark.

ElNarez

Banned
my favorite thing about Suicide Squad is that
the movie begins and ends with Deadshot hitting the punching bag, but the two shots mirror one another, because nothing has changed and no lesson has been learned.

my favorite thing about Suicide Squad is that
the movie begins and ends with Deadshot hitting the punching bag, but the two shots mirror one another, because nothing has changed and no lesson has been learned.
Except
Croc is now happy he gets to watch twerking music videos on BET.
Remember when they put a tiny engine in that mustang and then it won at drifting real good
He had to show the Yakuza that nothing beats American Muscle.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The Fade Out was great. Though most of you knew that already. As soon as I was done with I immediately went to CMX and picked up Kill or Be Killed.

Owzers

“If African-Americans give Donald Trump a chance by giving me their vote, the result for them will be amazing,” he added. “Look how badly things are going under decades of Democratic leadership.”

“What do you have to lose by trying something new? Watch. I will fix it. You have nothing to lose, nothing to lose. It is so bad, the inner cities are so bad. You have nothing to lose.” he said.
- Trump tonight.

Our future president.

ElNarez

Banned
So you know how Tarantino's westerns are in part about how the western genre has been used to whitewash the ugly parts of the history of American expansion? Like, for instance, how Django is about destroying the image of the antebellum south through constant reminders of the ugliness of slavery and racism?

Suicide Squad works in a similar way, except it's about how superhero movies are used to whitewash the ugliness of the American imperialist war machine. It has all the genre trappings, the introductions and origin stories, the team-ups, the act II breakdown leading up to the act III affirmation of the self
in a big huge fight under a pylon of light descending from the sky
. But ultimately, none of it is heroic. There's no redemption, just an acknowledgement of work done.
Deadshot doesn't become a hero, he's just open about being an assassin to his daughter.
All that Waller (and what she represents in a symbolic sense) does is enable these people to be their worst selves.
Like for instance when El Diablo becomes an aztec fire god, the ultimate form of the guy who burned his house, and then a penitentiary down.

There's so much to it, and I didn't even touch on the Joker
who's a big phony play-acting insanity play-acting being a stereotypical gangster
, or Harley Quinn's
search for someone to exert absolute control over her.

This is the kind of movie that inspires that kind of flaming hot take and I love it for it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Well that got a bit uncomfortable, so I'm going to take this opportunity to introduce you all to Sasha from the Backstagers.

He's one of the back stage crew at an all-boys high school. When we meet him, his befriended a little goblin-y thing. He's adorable.

Like really adorable.

And he looks up to his big buddy Hunter.

Which is also adorable.

So, in summation, check out The Backstagers. It's adorable.

Sandfox

Isn't he basically a billionaire now

So if they were still married she'd be married to a billionaire

Peter chose to pay himself way less money in order to offset the fact that he's payingh everyone fair wages rather than taking advantage of cheap Chinese labor.

I don't really like how Superior left Peter's love life and hopefully that changes next year.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Peter chose to pay himself way less money in order to offset the fact that he's payingh everyone fair wages rather than taking advantage of cheap Chinese labor.

I don't really like how Superior left Peter's love life and hopefully that changes next year.
They already set up a undoing of One Moment In Time.
If Homecoming left Peter and MJ together again in the books, it already was worth it for this alone

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I might have to check out Backstagers. That looks rad.

I think you'll dig it. I'm actually sad that Messi isn't around because I think he'd dig it too.

Also, Echo, I'm going to try to talk my friends into playing some DnD, because I think it looks like a ton of fun. I may have questions for you.

Well that got a bit uncomfortable, so I'm going to take this opportunity to introduce you all to Sasha from the Backstagers.

He's one of the back stage crew at an all-boys high school. When we meet him, his befriended a little goblin-y thing. He's adorable.

Like really adorable.

And he looks up to his big buddy Hunter.

Which is also adorable.

So, in summation, check out The Backstagers. It's adorable.

Looks like something Cartoon Network passed over

Sandfox

They already set up a undoing of One Moment In Time.
If Homecoming left Peter and MJ together again in the books, it already was worth it for this alone
I'm expecting the status quo for Spider-Man to change up next year, possibly even when Clone Conspiracy ends because people don't seem to be too interested in what Slott is currently doing outside of this upcoming event, which seems to be drawing attention. Dude is a good writer, but he has been on the book to long.

Top Bottom