• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Not even surprised SS is shit

Trailers were awful. Still going next Tuesday cos its £3.50

ElNarez

Banned
I'm in the middle of the Janus Directive TP right now and man

series getting bogged down because of event bullshit is nothing new huh

Messi

I'm sorry but Clean Room by Gail Simone is a incoherent jumpleted hot mess of a comic. Dropped and won't be back for vol 2.

cSim1Yf.jpg

I think I'm just done with Superhero movies tbh. Except maybe Deadpool 2.

In more positive news man Claremont's X-Men is amazing. Starts a little rough but I just got to the Dark Phoenix saga.

I'm sorry but Clean Room by Gail Simone is a incoherent jumpleted hot mess of a comic. Dropped and won't be back for vol 2.

I completely disagree. Felt like I had no clue what was going on but was creeped out for the first couple issues, but some stuff sort of fell together after that. But then the second arc started and I'm completely lost again, but I'm expecting stuff to sort of fall together again.

I do think Simone has a problem with liking side characters too much and trying to keep them around for ideas that will probably never happen. Every character just seems to linger around for no reason or just kind of attach to people for no reason. It's just too many people that really have nothing going on.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Pink #2
Pretty dope issue.
Curious as to what mission Jason is on. Assuming Tommy wasn't an illusion -- which is entirely possible, but I feel Goldar's too dumb for that and neither he nor his monster possess that type of power. Then that means that this is pre-Zeo, so Jason isn't the Gold Ranger yet. A Red series following this one?! Super hype. BOOM! doung god's work.

ROM #1
I've never read anything ROM-related before this, so I could never comprehend the love. Now? I'm all in. Shit was dope.
I assume by "past couple years," she means "Transformers," yeah?
I think I'm just done with Superhero movies tbh. Except maybe Deadpool 2.

In more positive news man Claremont's X-Men is amazing. Starts a little rough but I just got to the Dark Phoenix saga.
Were you expecting it to be less than amazing?

I'm still interested in seeing Suicide Squad, but the universe is clearly trying to tell me I shouldn't see it in theaters. I have a pinched nerve in my back, the friend I was going with got put on jury duty, and then all these bad reviews came out.

shingi70

Banned
It's so weird seeing dudes cancel movie tickets over reviews. It's like don't you want to make up your mind yourself, and what about the group you may be going with.

I will not rest until people admit the theater cut of BvS was actually good, putting its emphasis on the points of view of its characters, and forcing you to interpret events with their limited knowledge. And I can see how it's jarring to jump between each character's diegesis but it's not that fucking hard, pay attention, keep up, and the movie will reward you.

Sorry it really is way too fucking hard, that movie outsmarted me at every turn. I'm too dumb to keep up. :(

Unless having higher sales allowed the creators behind this version of Harley to buy a time machine, I don't see how that's relevant.

I don't see how the creators or time of creation of the character is relevant.

Deadpool is a prominent character in the MU TODAY directly because of the huge sales of HQ comics, which predated the movie by years.

Is this Lazarus Sourcebook worth getting?

Yeah, it's pretty helpful filling in the blanks of who's who beyond just names.

YES FINALLY NOCENTIS KATANA RUN IS ON SALE

Is that a thing that people were lookong to buy?

Oh god why did I order these hot toys

That's gotta sting. You can just cancel them, can't you?

Boy when Messi is wrong, he's wrong. I haven't had any trouble following what's going on. Or is it that you went in expecting a girly hijinks comic?

38%? Geeeez. I didn't think it would be THAT bad.

Whelp. Fool me twice DC. If it stays around that level I'll probably wait for streaming.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
For Green Arrow #3, I saw they took Otto off the art and now it's onto Ferreyra. Is Otto no longer on the series? If so, that's a major letdown since I enjoyed his art more.

For Green Arrow #3, I saw they took Otto off the art and now it's onto Ferreyra. Is Otto no longer on the series? If so, that's a major letdown since I enjoyed his art more.

Pretty sure that's just the rotation. Nobody can keep up with the twice a month schedule so they're going to be swapping out artists a lot on all of these books. I believe it was planned well ahead of time in this case.

ElNarez

Banned

son, you're getting memed on

Sorry it really is way too fucking hard, that movie outsmarted me at every turn. I'm too dumb to keep up. :(

The real trick is that you need to take each sequence as-is, but considering who it's happening to, and how that would change their perception of things. As with the rest of Snyder's films, it's fully exploiting the artificiality of movies as a medium to explore how characters view themselves and others. The medium is, in part, the message.

See also: Doc Manhattan remembering Vietnam as its vision in American pop-culture rather than as the experience of someone living there.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Pretty sure that's just the rotation. Nobody can keep up with the twice a month schedule so they're going to be swapping out artists a lot on all of these books. I believe it was planned well ahead of time in this case.

Bummer in any case. Good to know Otto is coming back, though.

I don't see how the creators or time of creation of the character is relevant.

Deadpool is a prominent character in the MU TODAY directly because of the huge sales of HQ comics, which predated the movie by years.
You don't know what you're talking about at all.

The source of your broken premise is that you don't understand how popular Deadpool was before 2013. You think his popularity and status is a recent thing, and that's incredibly wrong.

Top Bottom