• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Xis

I haven't linked yet but my understanding is it should work like you described

I have purchased Kindle/Comixology titles from the Amazon store (actually they were gifted!) and it works like you describe. Just make sure they are really both, because I think a few titles on the Kindle store don't get you Comixology versions, and the Kindle reader is wretched.

I have purchased Kindle/Comixology titles from the Amazon store (actually they were gifted!) and it works like you describe. Just make sure they are really both, because I think a few titles on the Kindle store don't get you Comixology versions, and the Kindle reader is wretched.

Guess I'll start checking with them on trade purchases. I assumed the prices would be standardized by Amazon, yet here we are.

Flashpoint is $12.99 on Comixology, and $7.95 when bought through Amazon. Madness.

Mitch

Banned
Any of you use CMX Unlimited? Seems like a decent program for someone looking to catch up on older issues. Unless the Unlimited library is lacking.

Sandfox

Any of you use CMX Unlimited? Seems like a decent program for someone looking to catch up on older issues. Unless the Unlimited library is lacking.

It's basically just a way to sample books a lot of books from companies other than Marvel and DC for cheap rather than a means to catch up.

FF277E.png

Ben pls ;_;

Mitch

Banned
It's basically just a way to sample books a lot of books from companies other than Marvel and DC for cheap rather than a means to catch up.
That's a better way to utilize it for sure. No DC and Marvel isn't really a deal breaker, but it'd be great to have access to what they have to offer.

I'll probably give the 30-day trial a try.

I'd love it if someone could do an article (or point me to one that already exists) to find out when comics moved away from having every sentence end with an exclamation mark! I want to say it was maybe late 80s but I'm not sure!

not only did it make it to 36 issues, but it was only after his Marvel Two-In-One series ran 100 issues(in which Ben Grimm teams up with a random marvel character).

and the only reason it was cancelled so Marvel could launch New Universe(which was a huge bomb).

I'd love it if someone could do an article (or point me to one that already exists) to find out when comics moved away from having every sentence end with an exclamation mark! I want to say it was maybe late 80s but I'm not sure!

I'm 60+ issues into classic Daredevil and it's every damn sentence! Every! Damn! Sentence!

Drives me crazy!

Owzers

I'm enamored with The Name of the Wind despite being pretty disappointed by it, two thirds or more in and i
did not know this was basically Harry Potter with less adventure

Between this, two wrestling events in one weekend, and Overwatch, i have been neglecting comics in a manner that seems deliberate after finishing WW Earth One, which isn't the best book to go out on.

I'm enamored with The Name of the Wind despite being pretty disappointed by it.

rub·ber·neck

/ˈrəbərˌnek/

informal

verb
gerund or present participle: rubbernecking

To drive slowly by a car accident (or site having emergency vehicles) and turn the head to see anything gory.

I'm enamored with The Name of the Wind despite being pretty disappointed by it, two thirds or more in and i
did not know this was basically Harry Potter with less adventure

Stick with it. Although book three is probably trapped in some special limbo along with the rest of the Game of Thrones books (that won't even matter after HBO does us the courtesy of finishing the story), the sequel, A Wise Man's Fear was even better than the first book. I'm not a big fan of the Fantasy genre anymore, but this is probably in my top three favorite fantasy series of all time. A top three which includes neither A Song of Ice and Fire or Wheel of Time.

Boogiepop

I don't know which is harder to believe. That there was a Thing solo series, or that it made it to 23 issues.

I knew of its existence if only because for at least a few years the Essential for it was clogging up my local Comic Con like crazy. Like, every place you went in there there were at least 10 of them, just a mass surplus. It was probably worse then those movie tie-ins and crap that had a similar fate of filling bins and never being touched.

Owzers

Stick with it. Although book three is probably trapped in some special limbo along with the rest of the Game of Thrones books (that won't even matter after HBO does us the courtesy of finishing the story), the sequel, A Wise Man's Fear was even better than the first book. I'm not a big fan of the Fantasy genre anymore, but this is probably in my top three favorite fantasy series of all time. A top three which includes neither A Song of Ice and Fire or Wheel of Time.

I wish i were reading the last Game of Thrones book now :/

I own the second Windy book, and i'm definitely finishing this one and probably moving on to that. I do have The Mistborn three book set to get back into eventually, another book where i read 20 pages and didn't get back to it.

I wish i were reading the last Game of Thrones book now :/

I own the second Windy book, and i'm definitely finishing this one and probably moving on to that. I do have The Mistborn three book set to get back into eventually, another book where i read 20 pages and didn't get back to it.

I read Mistborn but never got to the other two. I wasn't feeling it enough to keep going. Sanderson did write a pretty interesting one-and-done book called Warbreaker. That one I liked. I also got halfway into that 1,000-page monster, Way of Kings.

Going off of the Valiant Comics recommendation a couple pages back...

X-O Manowar Deluxe Edition Vol. 1 seems like the jumping on point, yea?

Just want to be sure before committing to a purchase.

Ponn

Banned
Was checking upcoming releases and noticed IST has Rachel Rising omnibus back in stock for anyone that was looking for it. They have it marked as limit 1 per customer which is weird, never seen that before myself.

I Am The Night!
8442950.jpg

just read Uncanny Avengers #1

i can't wait til Acuña gets on art. also, what do i need to know before starting this?

-read (and loved) Uncanny X-Force but i forgot most of it in retrospect

-i know this is post AvX
Just UXF and you should be all good

not only did it make it to 36 issues, but it was only after his Marvel Two-In-One series ran 100 issues(in which Ben Grimm teams up with a random marvel character).

and the only reason it was cancelled so Marvel could launch New Universe(which was a huge bomb).
Good lord
Dazzler had an ongoing make it 42 issues.
Naturally. It had to.
The Thing is the most popular FF member (and also the best by far)
When I was reading the Origin of the Inhumans collection, Ben was definitely the most likable member. Johnny was actually a bit boring, surprisingly.
I'm 60+ issues into classic Daredevil and it's every damn sentence! Every! Damn! Sentence!

Drives me crazy!

You haven't posted a review of those in awhile! I thought you were a true believer!

Aceun

Time out.

How did I miss that it was T'Challa who first said "Everything Lives. Everything Dies." in FF #607, in a moment where him and Reed's fate are literally linked.

The ending of Secret Wars just took another quantum leap in its awesomeness for me.

Had a look at some of these Valiant trades. 4 issues a trade, is this right? Seems like they do a bit of an intro price for volume 1s, I like that, but then around £9 average after that for 4 at a time. Reminds me of the IDW turtles trades. Hmm.

EDIT: Do they have any sort of digital sub service like MU?

ElNarez

Banned
Stage 5: Shit, this isn't Casanova v1, I picked up the wrong book. This is Casanova Acedia v1.

It's like the time I read Ender's Shadow before Ender's Game because I saw a #1 on the cover.

YsFaEJz.png

Still pretty good though, really enjoyed it.

Fraction seems to have a thing for Louboutins. And unlike Hawkeye, at least the colorist got it right here.

man you're in luck, because reading Gula makes SO MUCH of Acedia clearer

like, basically, if you had to read Casanova in the wrong order by accident, you picked just about the best case scenario

Sandfox

Had a look at some of these Valiant trades. 4 issues a trade, is this right? Seems like they do a bit of an intro price for volume 1s, I like that, but then around £9 average after that for 4 at a time. Reminds me of the IDW turtles trades. Hmm.

EDIT: Do they have any sort of digital sub service like MU?

There's Scribd and Comicblitz.

For some reason, I'm trying to list as many of certain heroes' rogues galleries as I can off the top of my head. Like some sort of trivia competition.

This is now what I think about until sleepy time

Top Bottom