• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Man. All these WicDiv covers would be amazing if they weren't ruined by shitty text.

Wada without the text....

tumblr_oc2plyeVmr1qbkgzfo1_1280.jpg

Wow, at this BC opinion article.

Edit: Marvel finally dropped the price on their first 6 Star Wars issues on CMX to $1.99. Took around 19 months.
BC isn't the only one to hold that opinion. There are hardcore Lois who were pissed at what happened to her in the first issue and the general treatment she's been getting at DC.

Malyse

They should honestly change the book name. Invincible Ironheart is a good name for a book and makes it easier to not confuse with Infamous Iron Man.
Nah.

No one says Spider Gwen in her comic, plus they could be building toward a Samus is a girl reveal. Plus, history has shown that new character old name outsells new character new name pretty handily.
That's not Tony Stark.

I know, ain't it great?

Next week is gonna be good:

My only major gripe with pretty deadly was that the trade omitted the prose from the individual issues. Really hate that mentality from some creators/publishers. I hope they sort any of that kind of stuff out for vol. 2. I remember wasteland pulling a similar move, really annoying.

Wada without the text....

I was actually looking for that one, thanks. Though I could have just logged into the CMX website and screencapped it, so don't pat yourself on the back too much, there. ;)

I know, ain't it great?

Who drew her on the cover that jon bones posted? Because that one looks amazing. Also, Ironheart is a pretty good superhero name. Quesada did something right for once.

Mitch

Banned
It's been a couple months since I last played as well. Probably put 5 hours into it before straight up quitting. I'll probably hop on once the new map comes out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fuck. Just grabbed the first two Gran Morrison JLA Deluxes for more then 130€ cheaper then usual.
Shit. I love how ignorant germans are regarding comicbooks :D

I got Widowmaker's Tricolore skin at like 3 in the morning. I'm at rank 100 and am about to hit promotion so maybe I can get one last loot box before the event is over.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm ready for Deus Ex.

I loved my time with OW but multiplayer games always leave me in the dust after the first few weeks as I am too busy to keep up with the internet kids.

Edit: those berries look really delicious.

My only major gripe with pretty deadly was that the trade omitted the prose from the individual issues. Really hate that mentality from some creators/publishers. I hope they sort any of that kind of stuff out for vol. 2. I remember wasteland pulling a similar move, really annoying.

I'm only getting Pretty Deadly for the art. KSD's writing is.................alright, when I can make sense of what's going on.

I'm only getting Pretty Deadly for the art. KSD's writing is.................alright, when I can make sense of what's going on.

Haha the back matter might have helped with that! I'm pretty sure there was something about a character I just didn't understand and it turned out it was explained or at least further riddled at you in the prose

I'm just pissing and moaning btw not trying to be smart and dump on your purchases haha I'll be getting it too, and I'd like to check that omega men at some point, you've got a good basket there. Plus I don't think I've seen physicals on the resi remasters, I wonder if we have those here in the UK.

They started introducing some numbered groups after that which is where it lost me. Oh here's 10 people. But they are understudies for another 10 people or something.

The last volume I read was introducing Grimmjow. I thought for a while if I should read this arc but then I looked up the aftermath and everything that would come later on and I was like "nah". Ichigo's dad revealing himself to be a Soul Reaper was pretty eye rolling

TheFlow

Banned
Greenarrow #5

Felt like the end of a average action movie except I didn't get much resolution but more problems leading into the next arc.

Emiko is captured, Ollie is back on an island, and everyone is kinda split up. Plus I wanna know what is going to happen to the baddies from this arc

Good news is #6-7 will be done by Stephen Byrne and then we get the return of the signature artist "Otto Smchidt(spelt that name wrong)

3/5 but the story being told has me excited especially the next issue which is
emiko in Japan fighting Yakuza XD

Mitch

Banned
I only ever watched Bleach. Stopped around episode 133 because it was just boring and all over the place. A couple years ago I tried reading some. Think it was after a timeskip of some sort. All I remember is an angry little girl with blonde hair. Hiyori Sarugaki I think.

TheFlow

Banned
I also kinda happy about how DC has arranged the shipping of books.

Now that Green Arrow is done for the month with other bi-monthly books I can focus on the books that I missed like Redhood and supergirl.

I am glad Marvel didn't copy DC and try to do Bimonthly books. makes it easier for me to read from both companies while still reading my usual Image pull of Deadly class, saga, and east by west.

I also kinda happy about how DC has arranged the shipping of books.

Now that Green Arrow is done for the month with other bi-monthly books I can focus on the books that I missed like Redhood and supergirl.

I am glad Marvel didn't copy DC and try to do Bimonthly books. makes it easier for me to read from both companies while still reading my usual Image pull of Deadly class, saga, and east by west.

Somehow the combination of Rebirth and hating CW2 has completely killed my Marvel reading. The hook of bi-weekly books and knowing when everything comes out makes me feel confused on what is ever even coming out from Marvel and then I actually see the list and it's a lot of stuff that either isn't returning, is in the middle of CW tie-in's or I just lost interest in.

It's really bumming me out because I was all-in on a lot of ANAD books.

Owzers

Supergirl figure has iffy paint around one eye, didn't fill in the eyeliner right so it's just all eye on top of one eye. This one doesn't have enough paint, zatanna figure had too much paint and went above the eye.

People, all i ask is that you paint things well. Why do you do this to me?

TheFlow

Banned
Somehow the combination of Rebirth and hating CW2 has completely killed my Marvel reading. The hook of bi-weekly books and knowing when everything comes out makes me feel confused on what is ever even coming out from Marvel and then I actually see the list and it's a lot of stuff that either isn't returning, is in the middle of CW tie-in's or I just lost interest in.

It's really bumming me out because I was all-in on a lot of ANAD books.

True, but there are always some series that still rekt no matter what the status quo of the world is like including Black Panther, moon knight, vision, and others. Don't write it off yet.

Im still only level 20...blah
thanks for making me feel bad for being lv 13.

Sandfox

Man, CW2 has made me lose track and basically drop so many of my Marvel books. I feel like all I read over the last two weeks from Marvel is Vision and Daredevil and Old Man Logan. Haven't even had the heart to read Spider-Woman yet, worried me having her and Carol face fighting on the cover.
Spider-Woman was good.

Supergirl figure has iffy paint around one eye, didn't fill in the eyeliner right so it's just all eye on top of one eye. This one doesn't have enough paint, zatanna figure had too much paint and went above the eye.

People, all i ask is that you paint things well. Why do you do this to me?

Sorry Sillymonkers. Sometimes even Sideshow doesn't paint things well. And if you're getting bad paint on a $500 statue, you're SOL with DC.

Their Bombshell Cheetah came out pretty good for the most part.

Sandfox

According to the solicitations Unworthy Thor is only going to be five issues long, but most articles on the book list it as an ongoing so we'll see what happens there lol.

Fuuuuuck. What is effectively the tutorial area to mankind divided is bigger than most other game levels. Visuals are really nice too bar the failed lip syncing. Opening environment is really nice. Have what seems to be alot of powers off the bat so I'm guessing I'm going to get metroided here. The music too.

Owzers

Sorry Sillymonkers. Sometimes even Sideshow doesn't paint things well. And if you're getting bad paint on a $500 statue, you're SOL with DC.

Their Bombshell Cheetah came out pretty good for the most part.

Shield your eyes good citizens of Comics-gaf, do not look directly at the eye.

Although you might have to enlarge the picture. Look at that eye, it's her right one, which i'm sure you didn't need me to say as it's so glaring.

Can colored pencils be used to fill in the line above the eye or does it have to be paint?

Can colored pencils be used to fill in the line above the eye or does it have to be paint?

Nah, only paint is going to do what you want. Or maybe a fine-tipped marker.

This really bugs me...

In Germany they suddenly changed the back of the TPs, couldn't they wait for Rebirth?

If there's one thing DC loves, it's fucking up a perfect row of identical spines. I had a gorgeous set of Batwoman hardcovers, and then they switch to TPB-only toward the end of the series. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Top Bottom