• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

PsychBat!

Banned
So yeah Kubo was fantastic.

Suicide Squad could have been great but missed the mark so many times, I'm not sure if it deserves a score that low on RT though.

Also went to Symphony of the Goddesses concert last night in SF. It's a Legend of Zelda concert that happens annually.

I have not read comics in 5 weeks.

Sandfox

Suicide Squad could have been great but missed the mark so many times, I'm not sure if it deserves a score that low on RT though.

Also went to Symphony of the Goddesses concert last night in SF. It's a Legend of Zelda concert that happens annually.

You need to get your priorities straight.

There's Scribd and Comicblitz.

Cheers man, interested in Lemire's stuff as a starting point, I'll have a look at those. Probs would want to check out the valiant then bloodshot reborn, or just Bloodshot Reborn if the valiant is too entrenched is previous stuff.

Just got Mankind Divided in the post there, looking forward to this.

Mindwipe

Had a look at some of these Valiant trades. 4 issues a trade, is this right? Seems like they do a bit of an intro price for volume 1s, I like that, but then around £9 average after that for 4 at a time. Reminds me of the IDW turtles trades. Hmm.

EDIT: Do they have any sort of digital sub service like MU?

Some of them are six I think, but yeah, I would definitely stick to the regular CMX sales as some of the trade prices are kinda weird.

Sandfox

Cheers man, interested in Lemire's stuff as a starting point, I'll have a look at those. Probs would want to check out the valiant then bloodshot reborn, or just Bloodshot Reborn if the valiant is too entrenched is previous stuff.

Just got Mankind Divided in the post there, looking forward to this.

I was following the reading order on Reddit before getting distracted by other comics.

ElNarez

Banned
Bennett has fallen down the Warhammer hole like so many other comic writers and artists. Gillen's influence reaches far...

Her reasoning for starting with Tyranids is pretty funny since she's writing Insexts:

man

I wouldn't wish the perpetual bummer that is going through rule revision after rule revision as a Tyranid player to my worst enemy.

It's a good thing people who get into Warhammer nowadays don't actually play Warhammer because Warhammer is a straight up bad game.

Due to Flamecon we've a few new pieces floating around.

By Anka:
cqbpjfwxgaapkbfahaue.jpg
4vlye.jpg
(yes that Punisher one is a callback to the swimsuit issue Marvel did)

By Wada:

Edit: Catwoman+Prez election special announced.

From 6 issue sequel to 12 page backup

Well, it's something
Issue 6 sold less than 8K. If it was 20K and with good digital sales like Marvel's Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl I could see it live but with Rebirth on the way and the Flintstones in the works I can see why they cancelled it. It's sad.

Tizoc

What's good app for reading comics on iPhone? DRM-free I mean, as I have some digital comics I got from Humble bundle for example and i want to read them on my phone.
Paid is fine but I want one that'll let me make my own folders etc.

lskncsdkcdn is that Quentin Quire in the blue?

Slayyyy~

Okay I only just found out about Flamecon but after googling it my gay ass NEEDS to attend this convention one day.

man you're in luck, because reading Gula makes SO MUCH of Acedia clearer

like, basically, if you had to read Casanova in the wrong order by accident, you picked just about the best case scenario

That's actually fortunate then, thanks! (The Ender's Shadow mistake was fortuitous too, because I liked that book more).

Mitch

Banned

Really looking forward to seeing Kubo. I was supposed to see it this past weekend, but my girlfriend wants to see Sausage Party before anything else. May end up finding a day this week to catch it.

I know I won't see it after next week, since my time is going to be spent playing Legion. Just can't get away from WoW. ☹️

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
read through issue #4 of Uncanny Avengers

fun stuff, i like where this is heading

saw appearances of Wonder Man & Wasp - any good suggestions for short runs/trades to read for these 2 characters? mostly about WM, as i know quite a bit about the Wasp

Mitch

Banned
Any of you ever read Afterlife with Archie? The owner of my LCS recommended it to my girlfriend and I after she told him she was a huge Archie fan.

read through issue #4 of Uncanny Avengers

fun stuff, i like where this is heading

saw appearances of Wonder Man & Wasp - any good suggestions for short runs/trades to read for these 2 characters? mostly about WM, as i know quite a bit about the Wasp

Busiek/Perez Avengers is a good one, but those two members are about to join Uncanny Avengers full-time

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Any of you ever read Afterlife with Archie? The owner of my LCS recommended it to my girlfriend and I after she told him she was a huge Archie fan.

yeah, i love it - especially if your girl is an Archie fan.

i should also suggest Archie vs. Predator and Archie vs. Punisher

Busiek/Perez Avengers is a good one, but those two members are about to join Uncanny Avengers full-time

thanks, i read a little of that run but it's super long. i'll just dive in UA and figure it out as i go.

Mitch

Banned
yeah, i love it - especially if your girl is an Archie fan.

i should also suggest Archie vs. Predator and Archie vs. Punisher
She has practically every Archie book starting from the 60's I think. It's crazy.

I'll put the first TPB volume in my next IST order for sure.

Over the weekend I decided to go back and re-read all of Rebirth Batman now that the first 'mini'arc is done and it really rose in my eyes. At first I had so much hate for the first issue because I thought it was really dumb the way Bruce was acting in that issue but I think this small arc pays that off very well.
It made me think in issue 5 that Batman was actually wanting to push Gotham so far that he actually killed him. He was trying to get him as mad as possible and to lose his shit so much that he used all of his power up and Batman would see that as a worthwhile death. It makes that first issue look better as it's paid off to know more and more that this Batman is ready to die at this point. As long as he sees it as beneficial he seems almost hoping for it. Then you have the problem of Gotham saving the plane in the first issue and then seemingly struggle with Grundy in the next issue and that is once again paid off. These guys are trying to not use as much power as they don't have to. You see them save an entire plane and then struggle with Grundy that Batman just throws over his shoulder and ends in a second.

The whole Waller issue still bothered me because it was still conveniently convoluted and just kind of dumb, but the one low point in the arc is worth it in my eyes to lead to all the payoff.

I was completely underwhelmed when I first started this run, but going back and reading it all together really changed it in my eyes. The two issues I had trouble with lightened and even went away in regards to the first issue, but now I'm half wondering if this run may just be better to wait on trade for because the experience was completely different.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Good question. I haven't read Demonic either and it does sound similar.

The final pages of both TKobK and Demonic #1s have certain similarities, too, which is why I didn't grab it. I could be wrong and they are nothing alike, though.

And Demonic seems a limited run, while TKobK is an ongoing.

Man, CW2 has made me lose track and basically drop so many of my Marvel books. I feel like all I read over the last two weeks from Marvel is Vision and Daredevil and Old Man Logan. Haven't even had the heart to read Spider-Woman yet, worried me having her and Carol face fighting on the cover.

Owzers

Should have been Dragonheart :(

I'll read comics today during Raw. Why was summer slam 4 hours? Did Trump make them run for 4 hours?

kmfdmpig

Wow, at this BC opinion article.

Edit: Marvel finally dropped the price on their first 6 Star Wars issues on CMX to $1.99. Took around 19 months.
Regarding that BC article: Don't most think that the ending was a swerve that will be undone or revealed to be something different from what it seems?

Regarding that BC article: Don't most think that the ending was a swerve that will be undone or revealed to be something different from what it seems?

Hoping, I like the idea of
two Superwomen. But at the same time do we need so many Lois and Clarks running around?

Phamit

They should honestly change the book name. Invincible Ironheart is a good name for a book and makes it easier to not confuse with Infamous Iron Man.

Probably in one year, when Tony is back and Riri get's another #1

They probably think it's easier to sell with the Iron Man Brand

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
As a liberal arts major, I'm so pleased Marvel used the STEAM logo and not the STEM logo on that Iron Man cover. They really are pushing that inclusiveness angle everywhere, huh? :)

Top Bottom