• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

nefBYd8.jpg

I'd hire Greg Tocchini to do a mural.
What's this from, and is it just cover art or is it from an issue?

Just catched up with the last two issues of Aquaman and it is still awesome. I do not get the complaints with the art except for Black Manta's scars goddamn they look bad. And I like how Mera doesn't take anyone's shit. Fuck the surface world!

But man they're about to get their asses whooped by Superdad and I'm gonna hate it :(

Damn, a loooot of Dc books I want in those November solicits man, might be an all time high. While I'm not specifically bothered by the whole rebirth rebrand thing,they've got some wicked creative teams together, I think I might buy my first super family books since the 90s.

Phamit

The English hardcovers changed as well with Volume 7. 9 will look different again with the new logo. It's irritating.

If there's one thing DC loves, it's fucking up a perfect row of identical spines. I had a gorgeous set of Batwoman hardcovers, and then they switch to TPB-only toward the end of the series. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate when they do things like this.

If it would make any sense, but it's just "well we have a new logo...lets do this". I probably can be happy they didn't changed it during Zero Year

Damn, a loooot of Dc books I want in those November solicits man, might be an all time high. While I'm not specifically bothered by the whole rebirth rebrand thing,they've got some wicked creative teams together, I think I might buy my first super family books since the 90s.

People really should start announcing when the new solicits go up. How is everyone supposed to know otherwise?

Example:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [MONTH] [COMIC PUBLISHER] SOLICITS ARE UP! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Umm...

BATMAN #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT

Written by TOM KING
Art and cover by DAVID FINCH

Join writer Tom King and artist David Finch as they launch Batman into a brave new era in this new pencils-only DIRECTOR’S CUT special! In this tale, no one has ever stopped the Caped Crusader. Not The Joker. Not Two-Face. Not even the entire Justice League. But how does Batman confront a new hero who wants to save the city from the Dark Knight?

On sale NOVEMBER 16 • 64 pg, FC, $5.99 US • RATED T

This looks interesting too. Is this run good?

BATMAN: DEATH AND THE MAIDENS DELUXE EDITION HC

Written by GREG RUCKA
Art and cover by KLAUS JANSON

In this new Deluxe Edition collecting the classic nine-issue miniseries, a dying Ra’s al Ghul must beg Batman for help against a woman who once shared his life. In exchange, he offers the Dark Knight the chance to speak with his dead parents! But what they say to him will profoundly affect both the man and the hero. This collection includes behind-the-scenes unused art and sketches by artist Klaus Janson.
On sale JANUARY 25 • 240 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US

Almost! (Use CBR link next time)

? Is Newsarama another BC/outhousers type of website?

People really should start announcing when the new solicits go up. How is everyone supposed to know otherwise

Haha cut me some slack, I only started posting using my phone this week, I'm still struggling with cutting and pasting links and stuff like that. Also AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NOVEMBER DC SOLICITS ARE UP! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Amazing spider-man #16 was some good stuff. I just wish we could move past building Peter up just to tear him down. Let him grow now that we have Miles as street-level Spidey.

Sandfox

Umm...

BATMAN #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT

Written by TOM KING
Art and cover by DAVID FINCH

On sale NOVEMBER 16 • 64 pg, FC, $5.99 US • RATED T

This looks interesting too. Is this run good?

Written by GREG RUCKA

? Is Newsarama another BC/outhousers type of website?

Gotta milk that #1. The same thing is happening with Justice League #1, but I don't know why anyone would want that since the book is apparently really bad.

Amazing spider-man #16 was some good stuff. I just wish we could move past building Peter up just to tear him down. Let him grow now that we have Miles as street-level Spidey.
A lot of fans don't seem to like how much he has been built up so that will probably change.

frye

Written by GREG RUCKA

?

it's been a while but I remember actively disliking it at the time (I've since forgotten everything about it)

nice Janson art though

MG310

Joseph Michael Linsner drawing the Harley/Ivy Bahamas vacation arc.

Also the Jim Lee Harley statue has one of those Alan Davis hands.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
People really should start announcing when the new solicits go up. How is everyone supposed to know otherwise?

Example:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [MONTH] [COMIC PUBLISHER] SOLICITS ARE UP! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I always post the Image solicits. I just don't bother with the minor league companies like Marvel and DC.

The FF are dicks to Ben in early FF.

Any reason why the Fury and the howling commandos series isn't in the cmro list.

Yeah, outside of the muscle it's questionable what role Ben fills. I like to think he's the heart of the team. Keeps them human, which is ironic considering he's the only one who can't pass as human.

Top Bottom