• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Astro City #11 is pretty awesome. Imagine a story about Wong's day, reading emails and re-scheduling Strange's appointments and sign for his deliveries. This is that, with a few other unique problems that someone in that position might have to deal with.

it's been a while but I remember actively disliking it at the time (I've since forgotten everything about it)

nice Janson art though

Unfortunate. Hopefully my library picks up a copy.

I have finished reading Bleach... I would not recommend reading Bleach.

So yeah, think I'll aim for some guaranteed greatness and read the TMNT/Batman hardcover I just got in today in order to wash the taste of that out of my mouth.

16 year. 700 chapters. We still don't know why it is called Bleach.

tim1138

Astro City #11 is pretty awesome. Imagine a story about Wong's day, reading emails and re-scheduling Strange's appointments and sign for his deliveries. This is that, with a few other unique problems that someone in that position might have to deal with.

That was my favorite issue from this current run of Astro City, and one of my favorite one and dones for the entire series. Raitha's story was so fun.

East of West #22

Wow, that was something. I absolutely love issues like this, with barely any dialogue and just the art to guide you throughout.

I'm glad we have the new Black Widow series to provide that kind of experience in most months.

Mitch

Banned
Lol I just thought you were new
Don't blame you. New name and avatar, plus being absent for a few months. I was in the google hangout chat under the name Mitch for a while, but after I moved from Houston to Cleveland, I barely logged in.

TheFlow

Banned
Don't blame you. New name and avatar, plus being absent for a few months. I was in the google hangout chat under the name Mitch for a while, but after I moved from Houston to Cleveland, I barely logged in.

all good, I do remember the servbot name

Mankind Divided is here. Now to install.

Think youll be pleased, did you play the last one? I spent 2 amd a half hours this morning once I got into the open hub, and I pretty much achieved nothing of note, just hunting through every nook and cranny, reading people's mail and stuff haha

Mitch

Banned
I bought the physical edition of HR when it came out, but never put more than 5 hours into the game. It's yet another title in my backlog.

I would love to play Deus Ex, but I havent played the last one...

Well I never played the original games man and I got on just find with HR. This is a but more of a sequel to the last one than HR was to the old games but a) there's a really nice long recap they give you at the start and b) HR has a great style about it, incredible setting, great music and so on, the plot isn't actually that great. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, but it's almost exactly what you'd expect of it and nothing more. In that regard I wouldn't worry deeply about not having playing the first. It has great game mechanics, great atmosphere, great music, you can enjoy all that on face value without the other game. Last game was a favourite of mine though.

I blazed through Earth 2 World's End a few hours ago, but that was because I wanted it to be over as soon as possible. I miss the days when it was only Hawkgirl, Flash, Green Lantern and Doctor Fate as the main group of protagonists...

Marella and Lois Lane as Red Tornado would have been good recruits down the line too, if the book was given time to breathe. <.<

I also hated how Barda was written in this.
Yeah World's End was very clearly a bit of a rush job due to Convergence. The multiple different writers and the lack of any breathing time made it feel like it was smashing against you until it was gone. I loved it though. The action was so epic and badass. Blame James Robinson and Tom Taylor leaving the book after both of them having subsequent runs

I think I'm turning into mobile gamer trash. I just downloaded dc comics legends and I'm enjoying it immensely even though I've only played one chapter lmao.

Yeah World's End was very clearly a bit of a rush job due to Convergence. The multiple different writers and the lack of any breathing time made it feel like it was smashing against you until it was gone. I loved it though. The action was so epic and badass. Blame James Robinson and Tom Taylor leaving the book after both of them having subsequent runs
I do admit that it was very entertaining in a 'disaster film' sort of way in a few parts. I did not care in the slightest during the Dick and exploring fire pit sections though.

My TMNT IDW Collection 3 at Amazon said it was delayed from august to January.
I got a free month of prime, canceled the order, ordered at B&N, received same delay info a couple days later, canceled, and finally reordered on amazon.

Now amazon says I'll get it this month after all. What a weird hassle.

Taking a second look at the DC solicitations and I noticed Fate is finally ending(but will show up in Blue Beetle) and that Red Thorn is dead.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I continued reading Preacher last night, and boy is it starting to drag. I read collection 3, which has the background stories for Saint of All Killers and Cassidy, which were sort of cool but the main book is kind of a slog at this point. I feel like I would have been very into this book when I was 12, but now all of the masculine reaction to 90s feminism and "badass"-ness doesn't hit me the same way.

I love Arseface, though. His enormous optimism in the face of everyone being a bit of a dick to him is great.

Consequently, do you pronounce the r in Arse? I've never been sure.

Oh, snap. I think I conflated the Vinyl with the poster (which was mad dash to check out like most of the poster are).

Awesome, thank you.

Yeah, I only noticed that because they include it in the Kubo OST email. Hopefully I can get a copy of that, will add in the Sadness cover Inside Out single too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [NOVEMBER] [IMAGE] SOLICITS ARE UP! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Image Solicits! YEHAW!

New Stuff

Frontier #1
"TRANQUILITY"
Double-sized first issue!
The planets have aligned, and the prodigal son has returned! For the first time in eight years, JONATHAN HICKMAN (EAST OF WEST, BLACK MONDAY MURDERS, Secret Wars, Avengers) is both writing and drawing a new comic series: FRONTIER.
It's like Star Trek, but super depressing.
Seriously. Not a joke. The final frontier...is a total bummer.
Each issue contains galaxy-expanding bonus content like star maps, breakdowns of alien races, interstellar factions, and detailed spaceship schematics. FRONTIER is a brand new science fiction story about utopia lost, and how we might just gain it back.

Mayday #1 (of 5)

A Cold War action-thriller like no other. It's 1971, and two young Soviet operatives are sent to California to kill a defector and recover top-secret information. As the mission falls apart into a mess of good sex, bad drugs, and ugly violence, the young Russians are faced with a dilemma: they need to rely on each other to escape America, but they must betray each other to survive Russia. By critically-acclaimed thriller writer ALEX DE CAMPI with art by TONY PARKER and BLOND.

Violent Love #1

Daisy Jane and Rock Bradley were two of the most notorious bank robbers in the American Southwest. And then they fell in love.
Join FRANK J. BARBIERE (FIVE GHOSTS, The Revisionist) and VICTOR SANTOS (THE MICE TEMPLAR, Polar) for a pulp-infused criminal romance oozing with style and action! Double-sized debut issue!

DEADLY CLASS HATS
One-size fits all DEADLY CLASS snap-back hats.
$19.99
EAST OF WEST "EMBRACE NIHILISM" T-SHIRT
NOVEMBER 16 / S-XXL UNISEX / $24.99
Offered publicly for the first time, get your EAST OF WEST, "EMBRACE NIHILISM" swag just in time for the Apocalypse.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [NOVEMBER] [MARVEL] SOLICITS ARE UP! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...mber-2016-solicitations-civil-war-ii-avengers

wxXT2iP.png

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #14

RYAN NORTH (W) &#8226; ERICA HENDERSON (A/C)

&#8226; Squirrel Girl and Ant-Man! It's the team-up you probably NEVER thought you'd see!
&#8226; Although, if you thought about it for a bit, you probably WOULD expect to see it at some point, since they both hang out with tiny animals and are both super heroes.
&#8226; Honestly, I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened sooner.
&#8226; Anyway, besides squirrels (adorable) and ants (so tiny, so bitey), this issue also includes wrestling AND philosophy. YES. Finally, am I right??
&#8226; I am prepared to say this is the #1 BEST COMIC you can buy that features squirrels, ants, wrestling and philosophy!!
&#8226; I am also prepared to say that this is the ONLY comic you can buy that features these four things, but heck, we all have to be the change we want to see in the world, right?

32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

The Black Widow cover is awesome!

Where's the red text. Why do you hate Freeza.

Rather straight to the point solicit...

CHEW #60

STORY: JOHN LAYMAN
ART / COVER: ROB GUILLORY
NOVEMBER 23 / 48 PAGES / FC / M / $5.99
SERIES FINALE
Last issue. Double sized. Trifold cover.
Epilogue.

Mindwipe

I continued reading Preacher last night, and boy is it starting to drag. I read collection 3, which has the background stories for Saint of All Killers and Cassidy, which were sort of cool but the main book is kind of a slog at this point. I feel like I would have been very into this book when I was 12, but now all of the masculine reaction to 90s feminism and "badass"-ness doesn't hit me the same way.

I love Arseface, though. His enormous optimism in the face of everyone being a bit of a dick to him is great.

Consequently, do you pronounce the r in Arse? I've never been sure.

As in "arrggg".

IIRC 3 is a little slow, 4 picks up.

Owzers

Supergirl figure saga:

I bought paint...but only one shade of red, i shouldn't have been lazy but i didn't feel like buying a bunch and returning the ones that didn't seem to match up the most, and the one i landed on was Lipstick and since it were lips i considered the hunt over. Eyebrows will be easy, bittersweet chocolate appears to match up quite well from initial comparison. Still might just exchange it with Amazon and then paint the next one instead of this one, i think the lips might actually be over-painted which is a much tougher fix.

Also, I'm in for Frontier Hickman monthly. Still might pull Reborn by Millar/Capullo. I'm at around 11 floppies a month, still can't figure out in what format i want to read comics in.

I'm at level 100 in overwatch, i might try to play before the event ends which i thought was last night but now it's 7pm est tonight. Blizzard is getting ddos'd so it might not matter anyways, but if i can rebirth and get fast exp i might as well do it today and get summer game boxes than tmw and get duplicates.

Top Bottom