• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My pulls for November.

Wayward18-CvrB-56316.jpg

COVER B: ROYCE "FOO RAY" SUTHERLAND

THE BLACK MONDAY MURDERS #4
CHEW #60
DEADLY CLASS #24

GLITTERBOMB #3
HORIZON #5
THE HUNT #5 (of 5)
KILL OR BE KILLED #4
LAKE OF FIRE #4
MOONSHINE #2
NAILBITER #26
NO MERCY #11
REVIVAL #44
SAGA #40
SEVEN TO ETERNITY #3
SHUTTER #24
SOUTHERN BASTARDS #15
SURGEON X #3
THE WALKING DEAD #160
WAYWARD #18
THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #23

Also I see Peter Panzerfaust fans are finally getting their ending.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
wow Chew is finally ending

wow

guess i'm going to have to restart the whole damn thing and make a month of it

I absolutely loved New Super-Man. How are the Spider-Man comics doing? Especially Spidey. How is Spidey? And Duggan's Carnage? I haven't read any new Spidey comics since Amazing started.

Also, Wayne Brady and Penn Jillette are writing Spidey comics now? Who the fuck at Marvel is letting Penn "libertarian" Jillette near a writing desk?

Ponn

Banned
Was Scalped a good all around series? Now that they are doing them in Deluxe Editions i'm interested in maybe collecting them. It was one of the series I heard talked about alot back in the floppy days but decided to wait for trades.

Was Scalped a good all around series? Now that they are doing them in Deluxe Editions i'm interested in maybe collecting them. It was one of the series I heard talked about alot back in the floppy days but decided to wait for trades.

one of my top ten favorite comic runs tbh

the art should look amazing in that format, you can see all of Guera's detail for the character and the world

Was Kieron Gillen's new Marvel/Star Wars thing solicited? I didn't notice anything.

Nope. Only real news was Kelly Thompson's writing the second Star Wars annual.

STAR WARS ANNUAL #2
KELLY THOMPSON (W) • EMILIO LAISO (A)
Cover by MIKE MAYHEW
Variant Cover by ELSA CHARRETIER
Princess Leia is on a top-secret dangerous mission that brings her to a planet that wants no part of the war against the Empire. But when an injury threatens to end her mission, can she inspire that rebel spirit in those who just want to keep their heads down? Writer Kelly Thompson (A-FORCE) and artist Emilio Laiso (GODS OF WAR) bring us an all-new tale of Alderaan's last monarch in action!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yes, Scalped is damned good.

Reaaaally love Scalped, one of my favourite Vertigo runs, alongside the unknown soldier and sweet tooth. Would really love those deluxes as well, I really do not like the quality of my scalped trades. It's not necessarily a series that's calling out for glossy printing, but the paper just isn't super nice, I do think the colouring was always my most questioned part of the series. Had to replac eone or two along the line too because of the binding coming away. A new print on bigger pages would g a way towards cleaning it up a little, but I'd kind of love to see the series touched up by Guera for reprints at some point down the line. Really amazing series though, I remember getting to the end of issue 1, fantastic ending. Would love to hear back about the quality of the books if you get them. Would hope they are similar to the Y last man HCs.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [NOVEMBER] [IMAGE] SOLICITS ARE UP! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Image Solicits! YEHAW!

Damn, some great stuff in there.

AD: AFTER DEATH being split into 3. Interesting, read that awhile back on Lemire's blog, alongside Roughneck being pushed out to 2017 and Royal City being announced. Hope this is not a notice that he's struggling with his pencils timewise but had to stay commited to 2016. I would have waited to one big graphic novel

FRONTIER....when was this announced?! I haven't seen this until now, awesome. That's a great surprise haha. Does this mean Feel Better Now is cancelled and gone? Can't wait to see Hickman stretch his designs out.

Lots of good stuff continuing to roll along. Can see trades I'll be asking for for christmas already haha. Descender, Paper Girls, oh yea.

EDIT: Seeing that Frontier announcement now, no mention of Feel Better Now. Hmm. I know how I missed the announcement now though, from the date. I took my girlfriend after last month to (finally) pop the question, I was in full stress mood at that point haha.

Ponn

Banned
one of my top ten favorite comic runs tbh

the art should look amazing in that format, you can see all of Guera's detail for the character and the world

Yes, Scalped is damned good.

Thanks all, I will add them to my to get list then. I was already getting collecting the Fables deluxe's and was going to start on Y The Last Man as well.

so is Doom still going to rock the cloak or what?

I'm probably going to read this at some point like I just picked up the Superior Spider-Man books last month. I'm a sucker for these type of stories. And Doom of course.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
FRONTIER....when was this announced?! I haven't seen this until now, awesome. That's a great surprise haha. Does this mean Feel Better Now is cancelled and gone? Can't wait to see Hickman stretch his designs out.

Yeah it sounds cool but I think I'm going to let that one build up for a while. East of West and The Black Monday Murders are enough Hickman for the near future.

Yeah it sounds cool but I think I'm going to let that one build up for a while. East of West and The Black Monday Murders are enough Hickman for the near future.

Haha I'll just grab the trade whenever it drops man, will likely translate to waiting a while anyway. A volume 1 for the dying and the dead never did appear so I just assumed it didn't hit enough issues to collect yet. Secret was in limbo for ages too. Is the manhattan projects series of mini series still a thing? I love his stuff but who knows with some of his scheduling.

tim1138

Haha I'll just grab the trade whenever it drops man, will likely translate to waiting a while anyway. A volume 1 for the dying and the dead never did appear so I just assumed it didn't hit enough issues to collect yet. Secret was in limbo for ages too. Is the manhattan projects series of mini series still a thing? I love his stuff but who knows with some of his scheduling.

That's because only two issues of the Dead and the Dying ever came out. The Manhattan Projects mini went out with a whimper as well.

That's because only two issues of the Dead and the Dying ever came out. The Manhattan Projects mini went out with a whimper as well.

Sighhhh. I mean, it's not like I haven't got enough comics I want to buy anyway, can just reroute my money to other things in the mean time but eh, he needs to think about his collaborators and even himself and what he's physically capable of supporting. Won't get too critical though, I'm sure this stuff starts well intentioned and he does put out some great books.

Anyone here ever give harrow county a shot? I like the look of it but I've been pretty hot and cold with Bunn over the years and yea, I don't know.

Was off the board for so long, really need to get track of what everyone here is reading these days haha

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sighhhh. I mean, it's not like I haven't got enough comics I want to buy anyway, can just reroute my money to other things in the mean time but eh, he needs to think about his collaborators and even himself and what he's physically capable of supporting. Won't get too critical though, I'm sure this stuff starts well intentioned and he does put out some great books.

Anyone here ever give harrow county a shot? I like the look of it but I've been pretty hot and cold with Bunn over the years and yea, I don't know.

Was off the board for so long, really need to get track of what everyone here is reading these days haha

He seems to be doing better with getting things out since he left Marvel.

Starting a title he's both writing and drawing does seem like it could be problematic though.

Malyse

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [NOVEMBER] [MARVEL] SOLICITS ARE UP! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...mber-2016-solicitations-civil-war-ii-avengers

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #14

RYAN NORTH (W) • ERICA HENDERSON (A/C)

• Squirrel Girl and Ant-Man! It's the team-up you probably NEVER thought you'd see!
• Although, if you thought about it for a bit, you probably WOULD expect to see it at some point, since they both hang out with tiny animals and are both super heroes.
• Honestly, I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened sooner.
• Anyway, besides squirrels (adorable) and ants (so tiny, so bitey), this issue also includes wrestling AND philosophy. YES. Finally, am I right??
• I am prepared to say this is the #1 BEST COMIC you can buy that features squirrels, ants, wrestling and philosophy!!
• I am also prepared to say that this is the ONLY comic you can buy that features these four things, but heck, we all have to be the change we want to see in the world, right?

32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

The Black Widow cover is awesome!

Where's the red text. Why do you hate Freeza.

Rather straight to the point solicit...

CHEW #60

STORY: JOHN LAYMAN
ART / COVER: ROB GUILLORY
NOVEMBER 23 / 48 PAGES / FC / M / $5.99
SERIES FINALE
Last issue. Double sized. Trifold cover.
Epilogue.

Oh good, Gurihiru is still on Gwenpool.

Owzers

I have a 30% off thing at cmx, allegedly, might not work on discounted stuff.

Is COPRA worth buying all of if i do? Is it that good to buy a lot or a bunch of birdie?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2016 Annual #1
Judge Dredd #9
Chew #57
Invincible #130

Action Comics #962
Blue Beetle Rebirth #1
Deathstroke #1
Detective Comics #939
Flash #5
Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #3