• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Guys, shall we talk about Squirrel Girl and Frog Man?

aLAh2gk.gif

I also read Captain Marvel #8 which was actually good, much better than the last issue. Though, it's kind of funny that even
the writers of Captain Marvel won't endorse her position in her own book.
I think Marvel thought they had something with a little more depth than there actually turned out to be, here.

Hey I spent about half an hour typing up a post on the last page about comics that got no responses and the comic in question is free to read.

Furries get clicks.

You got me interested actually, I'm going to check that out. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Unknown Soldier is rad.

I am on a roll today.

Comics! I read Steve Rogers #4. I am fucking loving this book. Nick Spencer gives no fucks.

It's also really interesting, because despite his different methods (see: fucking brutal) and the cause he's fighting for, it still feels very much like Steve. That's a very tricky line to walk, and Spencer's doing it well.

Mafro

I've once again run into comic bundle quality issues.

Being between TMNT readings, I pulled up the Devilers dynamite series that I got from Groupees.

I read the first issue and it looked great. I pull up issue 2 and it is compressed garbage I can barely read. Awful image quality.

It looks like the cbz file sizes for the 7 Devilers issues from that bundle are:
16mb, 4, 10, 12, 52, 20, 49.

What? The variation strikes me as extreme.

Sandfox

I also read Captain Marvel #8 which was actually good, much better than the last issue. Though, it's kind of funny that even
the writers of Captain Marvel won't endorse her position in her own book.
I think Marvel thought they had something with a little more depth than there actually turned out to be, here.

You got me interested actually, I'm going to check that out. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Unknown Soldier is rad.

I think the stuff going on with Carol is giving the new ongoing a chance to be interesting.

I think the stuff going on with Carol is giving the new ongoing a chance to be interesting.

I don't disagree, but I think the direction they are headed with this story is further evidence that the premise of Civil War II has all the depth of a puddle. I don't think there is a single CW tie-in - none that I'm reading, anyway - that
is unambiguously pro-Ulysses.

Sandfox

I don't disagree, but I think the direction they are headed with this story is further evidence that the premise of Civil War II has all the depth of a puddle. I don't think there is a single CW tie-in - none that I'm reading, anyway - that
is unambiguously pro-Ulysses.

Kingpin is loving it lol.

I think a lot of the writers either don't agree with Carol for obvious reasons, don't want something that really ties into the story, or would rather explore the effects the visions are having on the hero community.

Read the conclusion to the Action Comics arc, but that's me dropping it. Dull.
From the impressions I've read the book doesn't sound all that good.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Kingpin is loving it lol.

I think a lot of the writers either don't agree with Carol for obvious reasons, don't want something that really ties into the story, or would rather explore the effects the visions are having on the hero community.

From the impressions I've read the book doesn't sound all that good.

The very fact that Kingpin has
a guy that can't be Ulysses-d proves that he's fallible. I think that they gave that bit away too early in the book.

Read the conclusion to the Action Comics arc, but that's me dropping it. Dull.

Ha, it was saved the arc for me. I want to see where it goes. I've tried everything* and so far, I've dropped:

Green Lanterns
Titans
Blue Beatle
Red Hood (ok I didn't even try this)*
Hal Jordan
Birds of Prey
Hellblazer

tim1138

Ha, it was saved the arc for me. I want to see where it goes. I've tried everything* and so far, I've dropped:

Green Lanterns
Titans
Blue Beatle
Hal Jordan
Birds of Prey
Hellblazer

Hmm, tried and dropped:

Action Comics
Aquaman
Batman
Batgirl
Detective Comics
Flash
Hal Jordan
Justice League
Superman
Titans

I did not try Deathstroke, Red Hood, or Blue Beetle.

Tim man. Why would I not want to get batgirl volume 2? I really liked volume 1, the burnside one

Because it's sooooooooooo boring. They just recycle the same plot about Babs memory being messed with over and over again

Because it's sooooooooooo boring. They just recycle the same plot about Babs memory being messed with over and over again

That's a shame. I kind of thought the whole jim gordon batman man thing might dovetail with it nicely and make for something cool. Was looking forward to it in fact haha, not got many superhero books in my basket, but had that, black canary vol 1 and gotham academy

edit: Oh yea and some shit called omega men or something, has an alright ending I guess I hear or whatever

Have you read the Dysart book I was writing about on the last page btw, thought you might chime in!

Farside

Unconfirmed Member

Green Lanterns
Titans
Blue Beatle
Hal Jordan
Birds of Prey
Hellblazer

Hmm, tried and dropped:

Action Comics
Aquaman
Batman
Batgirl
Detective Comics
Flash
Hal Jordan
Justice League
Superman
Titans

I did not try Deathstroke, Red Hood, or Blue Beetle.

That's a lot of drops. Skrillex would be proud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0pW_lfu_U

That's a shame. I kind of thought the whole jim gordon batman man thing might dovetail with it nicely and make for something cool. Was looking forward to it in fact haha, not got many superhero books in my basket, but had that, black canary vol 1 and gotham academy.

Have you read the Dysart book I was writing about on the last page btw, thought you might chime in!
The Jim Gordon Batman thing only last for two issues. He helps her take down Livewire and that's it.

Mitch

Banned
r8Rv1uY.gif

This one blew my mind. They animate the individual leaves.
I NEED TO SEE THIS.

Snotgirl #1-2:
In it for Bryan. Not sure what I'm getting myself into, but the end of issue 1 got me to come back.

Blue Beetle #1 (Rebirth):

Not completely sold. Feels like a struggle Spider-Man of sorts. I'm bad at reviewing comics, but this one was somewhat boring.

tim1138

That's a shame. I kind of thought the whole jim gordon batman man thing might dovetail with it nicely and make for something cool. Was looking forward to it in fact haha, not got many superhero books in my basket, but had that, black canary vol 1 and gotham academy

edit: Oh yea and some shit called omega men or something, has an alright ending I guess I hear or whatever

Get Omega Men and Midnighter, those are much better options than Batgirl.

I did read that Dysart book, you were actually the first person I thought of when I saw Dysart talking about it in an interview.

Get Omega Men and Midnighter, those are much better options than Batgirl.

I did read that Dysart book, you were actually the first person I thought of when I saw Dysart talking about it in an interview.

Haha aw shucks man, you'll make me blush with that talk! Haha I really liked it but it just makes me think of unknown, and any time I reread unknown, I want more! I would love for him to image and do that but his own thing and just go all the way. He does really extensive research first though and I don't think he's been anywhere this year, so nothing in the pipeline.

Yea, Steve Orlando has a bit of buzz about him, he did the underwater image book right, undertow I think it's name was? Had some really amazing euro type art. Need to have a look in at midnight er, only on the windup about omega men, it's had some rousing recommendations lately so I'm gonna get on there.

Top Bottom