• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Sandfox

I just read Blue Beetle Rebirth and it was not good. Now to read Archie and get a proper teen led book.

AN Wolverine Annual is a
body swap
issue
It's basically an homage to the USM story, but better because the two characters in question should be better written.

tim1138

You are all wrong

image.php

So, does anyone find it weird that Huntress is whitewashed in Bombshells? I just now thought about it especially since she's a WOC in the New 52.

Sandfox

The story for this week's Archie was good, but I didn't care for the art and designs that came with it. Betty continues to be the best character while Archie somehow keeps getting away with being a terrible person.

Ross61

Helena. In the New 52 she's black and Italian but in Bombshells she's a white German.
Hmmmm, I don't know. There seems to be multiple versions of the character with different races. If one universe was to use the mixed version and another the traditional white version, then I wouldn't automatically point to whitewashing. But that's just me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spidey and Deadpool #2 guest starring Spider-Adjacent probable clone Miles Morales. Another great issue with the best written Deadpool in all the stuff he shows up in. And Peter continues to come off like an asshole towards Wade (although he mellows out a bit in this issue). Loving this book.

Venom Space Knight #4 - we got Pandas and suicidal robots and arena fighting and Symbiote walking around and talking unattached from Flash. And they cancel this to bring back normal ass RAWR RAWR Venom agaim? Fuck this company.

Sandfox

Spidey and Deadpool #2 guest starring Spider-Adjacent probable clone Miles Morales. Another great issue with the best written Deadpool in all the stuff he shows up in. And Peter continues to come off like an asshole towards Wade (although he mellows out a bit in this issue). Loving this book.

Venom Space Knight #4 - we got Pandas and suicidal robots and arena fighting and Symbiote walking around and talking unattached from Flash. And they cancel this to bring back normal ass RAWR RAWR Venom agaim? Fuck this company.

That's the one con about people trade/MU waiting, though I would guess Flash Venom just isn't that popular.

Sandfox

lol

I'm curious to see how the new Venom book does because there's a part of the Spider-Man community that preferred the old version as well as people who don't like villains becoming heroes. Renew Your Vows will be interesting to follow as well, though Clone Conspiracy and what follows will probably muddy that up.

If that's seriously all the new book ends up being I'm gonna have to buy a paper copy so I can burn it

Sandfox

If that's seriously all the new book ends up being I'm gonna have to buy a paper copy so I can burn it

I have never got the point of giving companies your money just to do that lol. If anything the people burning Captain America for example probably made people want to check out the book.

I'm not a Venom fan so I need to wait for both an interview from Costa and the identity of the new Venom.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New Avengers #4-6: really liked this space fantasy / cthulhu arc, even if the ending is a bit sappy. Im gonna miss sandoval, hes on the new Venom book of all things right? :/

Sandfox

FF_281sue_gets_revengeII_Reed%20smack.jpg

John Byrne is wierd.

New Avengers #4-6: really liked this space fantasy / cthulhu arc, even if the ending is a bit sappy. Im gonna miss sandoval, hes on the new Venom book of all things right? :/

Yup. A lot of people were complaining about the art on the book so it's probably the right move for both.

Rhaknar

Old Man Logan #2: Logan vs Amadeus. Great issue as Logan reminiscences about the past (well his past, the future lol) eith Banner's fucked up family, except this Hulk isnt Banner and he gets his old ass whooped. When he figures it out he hightails it out of there looking for his old buddy Clint only to run into Kate and thats how you do a cliffhanger! This book is dope as shit.

Sandfox

Old Man Logan #2: Logan vs Amadeus. Great issue as Logan reminiscences about the past (well his past, the future lol) eith Banner's fucked up family, except this Hulk isnt Banner and he gets his old ass whooped. When he figures it out he hightails it out of there looking for his old buddy Clint only to run into Kate and thats how you do a cliffhanger! This book is dope as shit.

OML only gets better.

Rhaknar

Dr.Strange: "you are the right person to replace Logan"
Laura: "I know there are people who disapprove... guys on the internet mostly"

Lol shots fired!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The story for this week's Archie was good, but I didn't care for the art and designs that came with it. Betty continues to be the best character while Archie somehow keeps getting away with being a terrible person.

#TeamBetty forever

i agree RE: the art

can't wait for Eisma to join and REALLY hoping he ditches Veronica Fish's terrible Raj for Staples' best Raj

Captain America Steve Rogers #4

I like what Spencer is doing with the character and book. The idea is solid and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the story plays out.

But..

Like issue #1 and #2, this is all botched execution. Too much of this issue was Steve posturing and just endlessly droning on for a reveal that was far too predictable, coming off the backs of issue 3 and even the first quarter of issue 4.

I think this is the biggest problem with the series so far, execution and pacing. You could probably very easily cut out an entire issues worth of stuff so far and the end result would be better.

frye

I had thought that was a more recent development and that his older stuff was supposed to be quite progressive. Or was that all Claremont?

Actually, yeah, I was being a bit unfair there. There's actually not too much questionable stuff in his old stuff from what I remember?

Claremont's a pretty chill dude from what I can tell.

Rhaknar

Gabby is super cute and I love her (not like that perverts!). She will probably die wont she. Back to the book!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
What's Fish's Raj look like? I saw you talk about this earlier, but I got Raj confused with Sayid.

a quick note: Archie has had great distribution in India for ages and when i was a kid visiting over the summer it was one of the few English comic reads i could find over there.

the company introduced their first Indian character in Riverdale who looked as appropriately doofy as everyone else in OG Riverdale:

then Staples provided that dope redesign up top, and i was super stoked on it (even had my avatar changed for a brief moment) but Fish ditched it so we could have this asshole back:

Rhaknar

All New Wolverine #3-5: fantastic arc with the cline sisters continues with Dr.Strange and Wasp guest starring. Actual touching death in issue #5 makes me super excited to see how this ends. Amazing book and im on a roll with books im enjoying. I need to stop havinh these long breaks where I dont read anything :/

Uncanny Avengers #4-5: Stegman's art is getting better as the first arc wraps up, Cable sticks around and Hank Pym Ultron has one hell of a cliffhanger appearance at the end of #4. Carlos Pacheco actually does issue #5 and its actually a step down :/ Man I used to like his art back in the day. Anyway Gambit shows up
actually it wasnt him
as we start a new arc with the team hunting Red Skull. Fun stuff with Deadpool, Rogue and Torch going on a little mission, but nothing much happens. The book is ok but its nothing amazing, and its deffinately the low point of the evening so far.

Addicted to buying those praxis packs eh?

Nah. Square Enix are ripping people off on this one. They're actually one-time-use and can only be used on one save. So it's not like you get x# of praxis kits every time you start a new game. Just the one time.

I just met a character that keeps repeating words like Virginia in Vision and it's freaking me out.

It's not that guy in the sewer, is it?

Top Bottom