• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
All New Wolverine #3-5: fantastic arc with the cline sisters continues with Dr.Strange and Wasp guest starring. Actual touching death in issue #5 makes me super excited to see how this ends. Amazing book and im on a roll with books im enjoying. I need to stop havinh these long breaks where I dont read anything :/

Looking forward to getting back to this and Spiderwoman very soon.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So honestly I was going to post a cool Damian pic to show all you Damian haters why you are so wrong but I had to close my browser because among the first image results was some fan art of Batman doing his own son Damian with their cowls on. What the fuck is wrong with you internet!!!!!!!!!!!

This post just made me LOL at work.

Owzers

We'll never get Kingdom Hearts 3 in this decade.

I don't really care at this point, the other two weren't even that good outside of some Disney whismy that i liked, the level design was atrocious. I still remember how terrible the Alice in Wonderland boxed garbage level was.

Venom: Space Knight #11
Some heavy shit and some intense shit and FUCK MARVEL IF THIS BOOK STOPS BEING WHAT I WANT WHICH IS WHAT IT IS RIGHT NOW

The Uncanny Inhumans Annual #1
A heartwarming story about the least interesting Inhuman. BRING BACK LUNA AND THE YOUNG INHUMANS

A-Force #8
Fuck Carol. Bitch went too far. And fuck Medusa for enabling. Hear me out:
A-Force isn't cancelled, and Carol and Medusa are replaced by Elsa Bloodstone and Misty Knight
. Very tense issue

Malyse

Some heavy shit and some intense shit and FUCK MARVEL IF THIS BOOK STOPS BEING WHAT I WANT WHICH IS WHAT IT IS RIGHT NOW

A heartwarming story about the least interesting Inhuman. BRING BACK LUNA AND THE YOUNG INHUMANS

A-Force #8
A-Force isn't cancelled, and Carol and Medusa are replaced by Elsa Bloodstone and Misty Knight
. Very tense issue

The most interesting thing about CW2 is that Ulysses is 100% on the predictions which allows Carol to be completely insufferable because she's on firmer ground. I think Carol will win in the end because Marvel tends to choose the ending that opens up more creative storytelling (Pro Registration, Mutant Restoration, the world ends and Doom wins). I think a precog chasing heroes makes more interesting story.

Sandfox

A-Force #8
. Very tense issue

8_arm-twins.png

Malyse

I hate that Runaways characters keep getting orphaned. And I wanna know if Karolina and Julie are still together.

I want a new Runaways and a new Young Avengers.

Oh and what's gonna happen to poor Singularity?

I would read a Singularity Kobik book.

Sandfox

I hate that Runaways characters keep getting orphaned. And I wanna know if Karolina and Julie are still together.

That kinda the point lol.

As for the teams I don't think they would work without those specific groups and certain members have moved on to bigger things.

The Mighty Thor #10
There is no gif in all the realms that could capture the sheer overwhelming shock and emotion of this issue.

Y'all get FUCKED
Best idea ever BK!
Damn right
The most interesting thing about CW2 is that Ulysses is 100% on the predictions which allows Carol to be completely insufferable because she's on firmer ground. I think Carol will win in the end because Marvel tends to choose the ending that opens up more creative storytelling (Pro Registration, Mutant Restoration, the world ends and Doom wins). I think a precog chasing heroes makes more interesting story.
I think Ulysses is playing them. We still haven't learned why the Celestial showed up, and his powers have divided the superhero community.
BCWLATJ

Oh and what's gonna happen to poor Singularity?

I would read a Singularity Kobik book.
Singularity is a Cosmic Cube confirmed
Who is the lady that isnt Misty Knight?
Nico Minoru

I don't really care at this point, the other two weren't even that good outside of some Disney whismy that i liked, the level design was atrocious. I still remember how terrible the Alice in Wonderland boxed garbage level was.

Let's not forget the dogshit battle menu system where you have to navigate menus while in real-time combat.

The Kree

Banned

He's not 100%. The briefcase in Ultimates #9-10 was empty.

Let's not forget the dogshit battle menu system where you have to navigate menus while in real-time combat.

It's not that big of a deal. You have shortcuts and any necessary moves are outside of menu control. Granted, it's not ideal, but I had no real problems with it. Just takes a little getting used to.

Sandfox

This week's Deadpool was really interesting. Duggan somehow managed to pull off a ton of things in this issue and I'm interested to see what Deadpool does next.

Also, RIP
Jack Russell. What a way to go.

Greg Pak's Kingsway West seems promising. It kinda reminds me of lesser Saga except with a wild west like motif.

She lost it during Avengers Arena.
I have no interest in Kingsway but I'll give kudos to Pak for putting in an interracial relationship between a Chinese man and a Mexican Woman. That's an interracial pairing you barely see in your lifetime.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo this artist on Mighty Thor, holy shit.

This book is so fucking good

5045038-thor2015004_int2-3.jpg

This is god-tier (no pun intended) costume design, its seriously one of my favorite costumes ever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Mighty Thor #2-4: THIS FUCKING BOOK YOU GUYS. War of Elves ends with Malekith being a sniveling little cunt as usual (one of the reasons I dont want evil Loki back, besides liking kinda-good Loki, is that Malekith fills the weasel villain role oh so well), Loki has a ton of great lines and moments with Jane, and then shit hits the motherfucking fan when Freya is put on trial on Asgardia because Odin is having a mid life crisis apparently and its time to rumble as we have Thor vs Odin next holy shit.

"Odin! Thor would have words with thee!"

Dat homage. Best book? Best book. Aaron is just on another level these days.

PsychBat!

Banned

The one for the DS? That game isn't good. And Dream Drop Distance is something I'll never play again. But the battle system for the PSP game was amazing.

Rhaknar

Extraordinary X-Men #5-7: end of the little Sinister arc was cool, but the next 2 issues in Weirdworld not so much. The artist was god awful, my god, it really distracted me from the story. The story itself wasnt that hot (which is a shame because X-Men in Weirdworld should have been amazing), it mainly serves as a tease to some future Magik story. Meanwhile, Jean and Storm enter Nightcrawler's mind to get him out of his funk, which hopefully he does because I miss happy Kurt. And I miss Ramos so he better be back for Apocalypse Wars next issue (BK pls).

Silver Surfer #2: cute and charming as usual, some great moments with Dawn being jealous of Alicia ("you're blind so all this detail on your sculptures was from touch...how did she get your butt so right Norin?"), but the actual threat with Surfer's old girlfriend didnt do much for me, we'll see where it goes.

Yo this artist on Mighty Thor, holy shit.

This book is so fucking good

5045038-thor2015004_int2-3.jpg

This is god-tier (no pun intended) costume design, its seriously one of my favorite costumes ever.
Guess what....IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER.
Extraordinary X-Men #5-7: end of the little Sinister arc was cool, but the next 2 issues in Weirdworld not so much. The artist was god awful, my god, it really distracted me from the story. The story itself wasnt that hot (which is a shame because X-Men in Weirdworld should have been amazing), it mainly serves as a tease to some future Magik story. Meanwhile, Jean and Storm enter Nightcrawler's mind to get him out of his funk, which hopefully he does because I miss happy Kurt. And I miss Ramos so he better be back for Apocalypse Wars next issue (BK pls).
Ramos comes back and yeah the Omega World arc is really good. You're in for a treat.

Malyse

FINE. I was trying to read Battle for the Cowl so I could get to Batgirl Volume 3, but I guess I'll read Mighty Thor 6-10 before someone can't restrain their spoilers any longer.
A-Force died so we could get a Kate Bishop book.
I really love Kelly Thompson. Really looking forward to the The Girl Who Would Be King sequel. Dun want to lose A-Force thou'

Sandfox

FINE. I was trying to read Battle for the Cowl so I could get to Batgirl Volume 3, but I guess I'll read Mighty Thor 6-10 before someone can't restrain their spoilers any longer.

Battle of the Cowl was one of the biggest disappointments I have ever experienced in comics.

People talking about spoilers and I'm living in that six month MU time warp. Everything is spoilers! Cap isn't even pro-Trump/Hydra in my innocent world.

Rhaknar

ANAD Avengers #2-5: Team drama! Vision stirring shit! Kang! Thor and Cap sitting in a tree etc. I like this book and I like how they are building up the team, but knowing that it doesnt last and theres already a new Avengers book coming is taking the wind off my sails a bit. In fact you could say that about a lot of the books. Stupid internet age :(

Malyse

ANAD Avengers #2-5: Team drama! Vision stirring shit! Kang! Thor and Cap sitting in a tree etc. I like this book and I like how they are building up the team, but knowing that it doesnt last and theres already a new Avengers book coming is taking the wind off my sails a bit. In fact you could say that about a lot of the books. Stupid internet age :(
I don't read solicits for stuff I'm reading and generally don't pay a ton of attention to not new series. That's why I was pleasantly surprised to see Harley's LBB crossover to Bombshells, for example.

Rhaknar

I don't read solicits for stuff I'm reading and generally don't pay a ton of attention to not new series. That's why I was pleasantly surprised to see Harley's LBB crossover to Bombshells, for example.

Do you also not read this thread then? >_>

I wasnt even complaining per se, its the realities of thebdays we live in. And, I mean, I'm a MU boy so it would be extra crazy for me to avoid knowing shit.

Yeah it's a real bummer that lineup is breaking up. Waid's writing is so much stronger with the younger characters. At least he'll still be writing them. Champions could actually turn out to be a great book. But I don't have much hope for the new Avengers lineup.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Do you also not read this thread then? >_>

I wasnt even complaining per se, its the realities of thebdays we live in. And, I mean, I'm a MU boy so it would be extra crazy for me to avoid knowing shit.

Yeah it's kind of hard to avoid Marvels yearly October marketing campaign.

Top Bottom